• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
jason, kirbyraeg lives across the street from me in arroyo vista

i'll be at jdm's friday. no wgf for me though

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero

seriously, just text me if you feel like it next time you guys do stuff, most of my classes are afternoons but i'm usually out by around 4-5ish

GSUB

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll send em to you over aim or something.
Plus it helps that EVERYTHING from that day will be on your channel.

@Jason: I'm going with Festizzio/Atlus/Embrace, and getting housing from Lanstar.
Thanks though!!! =D

MacD

Banned via Administration
so i was playing squid last night for like 3 hours, i tried to jab reset him and i was only able to ONCE

wtf ONE jab reset after like 3 hours of playing!!!!!!!!! that doesn't even make sense, he'd always roll for some reason, helllllla stupid

GSUB

Smash Lord
if they know they're gonna get jab reset(ed...?), they can hold the stick and roll even if they get hit.
Jab does not make them stand up, it makes them do whatever input they're doing, and a lot of the time, it's up, or no direction at all (which = stand up).

I think. lol

DJMirror

Smash Master
so i was playing squid last night for like 3 hours, i tried to jab reset him and i was only able to ONCE

wtf ONE jab reset after like 3 hours of playing!!!!!!!!! that doesn't even make sense, he'd always roll for some reason, helllllla stupid
wait what? seriously?

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
if they know they're gonna get jab reset(ed...?), they can hold the stick and roll even if they get hit.
Jab does not make them stand up, it makes them do whatever input they're doing, and a lot of the time, it's up, or no direction at all (which = stand up).

I think. lol

i had no idea lol. no wonder weird stuff happens sometimes

D

Deleted member

for jab resets I never expect a normal get up unless they are in some high pressure teams situation or they are just plain noob

falcon's speed lets u simply wait and see what happens and then chase (or not chase) for a grab

MacD

Banned via Administration
i've never see someone roll away that many times ever though, i mean after like the 10th time i just jabbed and started running cause i knew he was gonig to be stuck rolling

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
yo this might be a dumb question, but im picking up my girlfriend tmrw from UCI for the 3-day weekend.. anything going down tmrw?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah jdm is holding a smashfest

i might not go since i have to work on a project with my partner.

so i'm not sure when i'll be done

Kira-

Smash Champion
This is my theory on jab resets:

if you jab them before they have a chance to move on their own, they do a slow stand up automatically (provided they are low enough percent of course, otherwise they are immediately standing without teching)

if they COULD have moved (roll/stand/getup attack) but didn't do a command right away, then when you jab them they will go whichever direction they are holding at the moment.

so basically if you're fast, they'll always stand up and you can **** them. but either way they have to tech so it's pretty easy to follow them

also if i recall correctly, most characters can be jab reset up to ~mid 30 percents, except for fox, who can be jab reset'd at like 70. which is great, or else what would puff do to beat fox lol, nair > jab > rest wouldnt work anymore

DJMirror

Smash Master
So can anyone in 949 give me falco and Sheik match up practice?

Kira doesn't play sheik anymore, Rei is busy, Maple is sick =/, Stab is at the East coast, Zhu is busy, and Cam's falco and sheik are so gay it's so unbearable =[ (spamming bair and tilts all day)

Kira-

Smash Champion
So can anyone in 949 give me falco and Sheik match up practice?

Kira doesn't play sheik anymore, Rei is busy, Maple is sick =/, Stab is at the East coast, Zhu is busy, and Cam's falco and sheik are so gay it's so unbearable =[ (spamming bair and tilts all day)
haha if you learn to get around bair and tilts you're pretty good against sheik

and dash attack

and grab

and slap and nair

actually nvm, sheik is hard if you dont play fox =/

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
if you want, i'll play with you friday night.

i'll go sheik the entire time. if i switch, remind me to go back to sheik.

since your the one going to wgf and not me

DJMirror

Smash Master
@Kira yeah i know it's so hard as marth cuz his grab cant do as much damage as sheik can to marth and when ya playing someone like cam (good sense of spacing and amazing DI) it's horrible, depressing and makes me dont wanna play against his falco or sheik at all =(

@GSUB ahh thanks but no thanks...I'll play your peach (i dont need puff practice cuz i got the other cam to work it out)

@Rei I'm not going to play on friday night cuz i need to sleep in early and get up early to pick up Squid, kirbyraeg and JDM

@Kirbyraeg and Squid

Meet me at In N Out when i'm picking you guys up and i'll drop you guys off back there as i'm coming back from WGF

JDM

Smash Champion
No matter how late or early I go to sleep before a tourney I end up waking up really early the day of.

I also found out if I don't have caluses on my left index finger my tech skill sucks. (Too much playing on a stick johns.)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
jason, us uci people will play if you just let us know beforehand! my sheik is slowly improving and it might be to a point where it'll help you to practice against it!

charles if i could get a ride with you to jdm's again i would be much obliged, same time as last friday (~3:00) :D

and 7:30 is legit, i'll be sure to be there by then

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
jason, us uci people will play if you just let us know beforehand! my sheik is slowly improving and it might be to a point where it'll help you to practice against it!

charles if i could get a ride with you to jdm's again i would be much obliged, same time as last friday (~3:00) :D

and 7:30 is legit, i'll be sure to be there by then
yeah its all good to me. i'll meet you up at jack again? or.. i dunno wherever is good to me

edit: yeah i dont get the left index finger either.. but it could be because i dont use the L button at all except for wd out of shield. i dunno lol

DJMirror

Smash Master
Man I want to record slot of matches tomorrow

Hey Connor do you still all the clips of you, me, p and wasabi having that one smash session? Cuz I Dont have it anymore

DJMirror

Smash Master
Oh good? Is it possible for me to come over and copy all of the files tonight? If not then asap

GSUB

Smash Lord
you should be able to find some used ones (way better condition than us smashers leave them in at least n_n) at places like gamestop/etc.

I think they're selling thos old purple ones at GAMES 4 U.
not sure where you live though.
Best Buy, etc. usually will sell those new white ones.

I would sell you my silver one, which is beaten up, ugly, missing a rubber cap, and has non-official nintendo internal parts, but that would just be cruel... haha.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Gamestop sell horrible *** controllers

go to game for less, they have tri wing screw drivers, better controllers, N64 Controllers, some leftover parts here and there. I been getting my controllers from there alot

they sell the controllers for 15 bucks or less (i think they got the white controllers)

it's near Coast Mesa Mall (the manager is an ******* tho)

There one near the bella terra plaza (near Nickel nickel and toy r us)

The manager is so chill and stuff

There goes my secret go to store

off topic: if you're interested in japanese games, near mitsuwa, there's a place called marukai, next to it is a japanese book. inside that place they have japanese ds games, ps2 games, gamecube games, and cheap used (but good) condition mangas and DVD

Game for less also sell arcade sticks

Top Bottom