• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

MacD

Banned via Administration
haha, i wouldn't be mean and enter the ban matches or whatever... or i mean i could but i wouldn't count myself as first or just give the money to 2nd or whoever i like the most or something

but if i do go, i have class till 4 so i'd be later, how late does this stuff go

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
hey guysss... i dont tihnk i can make it this friday... maybe later in the afternoon, ill give some of you *****es a call to see whats up...

ALSO, i know i switch mains like *insert clever analogy alluding to "a lot"* but ive been playing around with sheik, and she is the ****. so i wanna try my luck with her, even though that makes 3 949ers with sheik, but you'll have to deal with that i guess <3

which means i want to play ryan a lot cause he has alot of sheik practice :D
dont play around with falcon. that fool's tempting

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
well i'm done for today.

can i get a ride from whoever is heading there the earliest?

i'll take a full set up too.

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Diddyknight, I'm going, but I can't give you a ride this time. I gotta meet up with some friends at UCI today.

EDIT: I'll also bring a full setup.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
T_T Well....its fine Travis. Next Friday wont do since I'll be leaving for WGF. I think I left my triwing at JDM's but I forgot who has it now....

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
so I feel like asking since I haven't heard anything and I'm curious....where am i gonna meet you guys for a ride?

edit: to clarify i'm still in class, out in around 20 :/
aww im ********.. i meant to post when you'll be out, but i guess i just didnt...? lol. anyway, its now 2:32 pm, and im in irvine already, you can get my cell number from rei

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
We did a regular bracket and pools for the 0-2 players.

1: Maple
2: MacD
3: Stab
4: Okami
5: Gsub
5: Kirbyraeg
7: Squid
7: JDM
9: Spree
9: Chizzle
9: Sig
9: Kion
13: TravisT
13: Mobil
13: Rei
13: Chris

MacD and Maple "split"

Pools are almost done.

Bracket Videos:
Incronaut vs. Keeyan
Incronaut(Falco) vs Keeyan(Luigi) 1
Incronaut(Falco) vs Keeyan(Luigi) 2

Okami vs. Spree
Okami(Sheik) vs Spree(Falco) 1
Okami(Pikachu) vs Spree(Falco) 2

Eric vs. Maple
Eric(Marth) vs Maple(Sheik) 1
Eric(Marth) vs Maple(Sheik) 2

JDM vs. Kirbyraeg
JDM(Fox) vs Kirbyraeg(Sheik) 1
JDM(Fox) vs Kirbyraeg(Sheik) 2
JDM(Fox) vs Kirbyraeg(Sheik) 3

JDM vs. Okami
JDM(Fox) vs Okami(Sheik) 1
JDM(Fox) vs Okami(Sheik) 2

JDM vs. TravisT
JDM(Fox) vs TravisT(Ganon) 1
JDM(Fox) vs TravisT(Ganon) 2
JDM(Fox) vs TravisT(Ganon) 3

Okami vs. Stab
Okami(Sheik) vs Stab(Falco) 1
Okami(Pikachu) vs Stab(Falco) 2

TravisT vs. Spree
TravisT(Ganon) vs Spree(Falco) 1
TravisT(Ganon) vs Spree(Falco) 2
TravisT(Ganon) vs Spree(Falco) 3

JDM vs. Signia
JDM(Fox) vs Signia(Marth) 1
JDM(Fox) vs Signia(Marth) 2
JDM(Fox) vs Signia(Marth) 3

Will someone do me a favor and check to make sure that the links are correct, the characters are correct on youtube, and that nothing else random is messed up?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
What it do! Since it was basically like a normal tournament, here's some shoutouts! :)

Shoutouts:

Maple-Fun fighting you. I've never fought you before; you're really good. ^^
MacD-Weed story reference :)
Stab-Yeah...you kinda ***** me in tournament. Shame I didn't go falco...I might've done better :p
Gsub-Peach vs. Sheik matchup is gay for Peach; sorry, man; glad I was able to take back your power cord too; and good stuff getting the other recordings in
Kirbyraeg-Doubles friendlies with ya were fun
Squid-Same as Kirby
JDM-Thanks for having the smashfest/tournament at your house and allowing us to stay until we got hungry and tired. Teaming with you was fun and funny too. That one match where we were both fox and ran away across the stage at the same time was funny as well as the me Up Smashing into your Up Air combo.
Spree-You're falco's pretty good. Glad to have played you.
TravisT-Nice meeting you, sorry I didn't get to play you. Maybe in May.
Rei-Nice seeing you there, but bleh, I didn't get to play with you either.
Kangix-You're Ness is pretty good. I still recommend picking up a space animal or something just to either fall back on or strengthen tech skill. I had fun teaming with you in friendlies and playing against you. You should enter every chance you get to get tourney practice. One day of tourney matches (like 8 matches or whatever it was that we all got) = A weekend of playing friendlies.
Signia-You're ****. I'm going to see you in like 13 hours anyways. You + Marc + me = BFF <3
Everyone Else-Sorry I didn't get to play you guys at all, but good stuff for showing up and playing!

I'm leaving Monday and coming back mid-May (aside from a small time that I'll be here for spring break). Hope to see y'all then.

OH! And, I'm working on fixing/rendering/uploading/******/Pika'ing the videos from my recording device. They'll be on youtube on my channel. My channel is the same as my smashboards account, 8wayrun account, Xbox Live account, etc: OkamiBW. I'll post the links when I finish them all. Give me about 2 days. <3

~BW

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Just play a lot. Pracice all your tech skill stuff. Once you have all that mastered, then work on looking only at the opponent and see yourself in your peripheral vision. After that, work on general mindgames like jab, dash dance, grab or whatever. Then, work on character specific mindgames like ledgehop, wavedash off the ledge, double jump back on, wavedash off the edge, double jump back on, wavedash forwards and grab or whatever. After that, then just play a lot more matches. Play with people at least twice a week for a couple of months and you'll get much better.

As a second note, almost all the mini-tournament videos are uploaded. I'll post links, then I'll start working on friendlies.

Someone should host something on Sunday, and we should all go, since my flight to Arizona for college is on Monday. I'll bring my recording equipment and laptop. If there's enough people, perhaps we could have another mini-tourney?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Indeed, happy birthday JDM!

and thanks for having all of us over yesterday, it probably was a lot bigger than you were expecting :)

edit: nice job okami on the fast uploads!

JDM

Smash Champion
Thanks you guys.

I might host something tomorrow if I finish up my Econ Project and most of my Religions Journal by lunchtime tomorrow.

reaiota

Smash Apprentice
is anyone down for friendlies?

I've been practicing for a while now
and I want to see how good I am when facing
other tourney players

1722 N Bush st. apt. 104
Santa ana, Ca 92706

Argenis
1 714 571 0209

- das ende-

Top Bottom