• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
forcing the seriouslies will help 949 to get better.

I only feel like this recently but I actually do want to practice and get better and stuff...after I come back from break I wanna play with you guys more :D

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
banning people from your house violates the laws of hospitality lol. your ancestors will curse your house if you do that.

... my parents told me that

Signia

Smash Lord
Wow JDM that sounds like a great idea, even though I'll probably end up paying, this is exactly the kind of thing that can encourage competition. Call it "Money Pools." I ****ing live for those heated "seriouslies." Bored falcon dittos/casual teams... not so much. I'm going to be a John about seating though... I really feel like I play worse when I sit and the end of JDM's couch, with my body not facing the screen and me having to turn my head 45 degrees.

JDM

Smash Champion
We didn't do it today cause it was just me stab, gsub and kangix.

It was nice meeting you Kangix. You have a interesting ness.

Don't worry Sig, the players will get the best seats while the rest watch.

If there's enough interest for tomorrow then I'll host another smashfest.

Stab/gsub you left your cube at my place.

I am also translating a Daigo interview for the I Got Next Documentary. The producer is e mailing me the clip soon.

Kangix

Smash Apprentice
heh interesting.
Wish i didnt suicide 2/4 stocks XD
but yeah fighting computers only goes so far, good to actually play vs other people again.

GSUB

Smash Lord
lol kangix, maybe you don't remember me because I had really long hair at the time.

excited to see you sometime soon hopefully,

and I would definitely come again tomorrow if I could find some kind of a ride!

It was fun, thanks for having us anthony :)

Signia

Smash Lord
omg shoryuken is hardcore. http://www.justin.tv/clip/b8a1ff76e468fbfe

Not that I think the smash community should be like this. I like the "help players around you so you can surround yourself with better players so you can practice with good players and improve" approach that we seem to have.

I'm down for tomorrow. Let me know if you need a TV (and cube ! :D)

MAPLE

Smash Apprentice
we do that signia, it just the lower level players dont have the drive or the will to go to other people's house or something

like me, i drive to p house and mango house (30 minutes away) or i drive to dunskies place (1.3 hours away) SDR and his riverside crew (40 minutes) or 805 (2 hours away) on every chance i get

you just gotta get the drive to go and smash with other people.

if i cant go to their place, i just go play macd, maple, kira and psychomidget.

hell even connor lets me smash sometimes on the weekday nights if he's not busy and i try my best to go

now fly might hold a 909 night smashfest on wednesday or something so i'm going to take advantage of it

like Gsub did at the weekly wednesday friendly night (good **** GSUB)

-JKUN

Signia

Smash Lord
I've been so bored lately with all the free time I have now that finals are over, I'll drive anywhere.

Kangix

Smash Apprentice
For sure im down for tomarrow too.
Yeah i remember you Gsub cool to see you again and to meet everyone else today.

GSUB

Smash Lord
wow jason, i thought you were kyle as i was reading that post,
I was gonna be like, dwam, then take me with you kyle, you live right next to me.

lol, but yeah, thanks, jason, i want to go to everything but i have no car.

and holy crap @SRK.
at the mention of ban matches, everyone there is like, "let's do this ****."
if that was on SWF, people would be whining all over the place.

MAPLE

Smash Apprentice
SRK is serious business

Like Dark prince vs Jwong in a legit $1000 mm at MVC2

Dark Prince camp the **** out of Jwong and count the money in front of him while jwong tried to get into DP face lol

-JKUN

JDM

Smash Champion
Subj: I Got Next Daigo Interview Show content
Hey Anthony,

Thanks again for offering to translate the interview with Daigo, it's kind of a lengthy video interview (11:40), is that alright? My only request would be that you help me out so that when I subtitle it I know exactly what Daigo is saying at a specific time. For example, if you write in a text program:

0:00 - 0:10: I started playing when I was 12
0:10 - 0:15: I used to go to this local arcade.

That would be really useful; that way as I'm subtitling, the subtitles are fully accurate to what he's saying.

You can access the interview by using any FTP program (free FTP programs: windows - coreftp, mac - filezilla) and using this log in information:

host name: ???????????????????
user: ????????????
password: ??????????
(I don't want other people seeing the pw and **** so I used ?'s lol)

The file name is igndaigoint.mp4.

Thanks again, let me know if that works for you or if you have any trouble accessing the file,

- Ian
Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.
*Reply | Reply all | Forward

Get at me ******s.

And people can come over today at around 2pm. Bring at least 1 tv and 2 cubes.

JDM

Smash Champion
I made it low because I would be doing them every week I host a smashfest. Any bigger would just be like a regular tournament.

Lovage

Smash Hero
socal has too many tournaments

there are many reasons why having a tournament every weekend is a bad thing.

if i could have it my way there would be one tourny every 2-3 weeks, with a big tourny that norcal/AZ came down to every 1-2 months

if i had it my way
but do whatever u want

JDM

Smash Champion
God ****it Jason this is the second time that you told me to hold a smashfest but never come.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Thanks again for having us Anthony!
Good to see you again Ryan!!! Keep that orange controller in good shape for me! You PROMISED, lol

You're a funny kid Marcus, now STOP JOHNING!!! hahaha, keep up the Ness or pick a new main, decide now!

TY for the ride Maffew.

And god dammit for not showing up Jason! I really wanted to do those BAN MATCHES.

Kangix

Smash Apprentice
Dude if i didn't use a gimp character i'd own you guys too hard. It's a handicap for you guys, your welcome. =]

GSUB

Smash Lord
Dude if i didn't use a gimp character i'd own you guys too hard. It's a handicap for you guys, your welcome. =]
Oh boy . . . Gee golly THANKS MISTER! You're too kind.

I love how you even fake all these really really bad habits for us too, that have nothing to with the capabilities Ness, and that I'm sure you don't have these habits with any other characters, you just pretend to to give us a chance at winning.
You're such a nice guy.

tl;dr
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Kangix

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy . . . Gee golly THANKS MISTER! You're too kind.

I love how you even fake all these really really bad habits for us too, that have nothing to with the capabilities Ness, and that I'm sure you don't have these habits with any other characters, you just pretend to to give us a chance at winning.
You're such a nice guy.

Your welcome.

DJMirror

Smash Master
k np i was going to say something really mean on my last but nah

i was going to say this "the rest of you bloody lots (you know who you are) step up your god **** game and traveling skills!"

Top Bottom