• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Kira-

Smash Champion
they're so jason and stabbed can get advice from players willing to critique their matches.

is that so bad?

GSUB

Smash Lord
I've been using Peach a lot lately.
Putting my official secondary to work! Oh wait, that was the old 949 thread, oops. But nonetheless, Peach is fun, and her tech skill is so fun to practice.
D-Smashing Out-of-Shield, DJC-Nair Oos, FC Nair repeatedly (hardest for me to do), DJC Nair repeatedly (super fast and easy for me).

I wanna get some non-Grev practice with my puff and peach, I'm so excited by melee right now.

Jason, let's play and record some time so you can get some footage (if you want).

MacD

Banned via Administration
you know fc is like 95% of the arieals you will be doing, 4% off the ground, .9% l canceled, and .1% djc

you should stop with all the djc, the only reason to double jump cancel i guess would be if you are already into the opponent and you don't have time to float if you want to hit them or some other few situational things

practice your insta float nairs on the ground, then once you get that down, try moving forward while doing them, try doing back airs to dsmash, and once you get all that down, do all of it from shield, float nair in place, moving forward, and bair

have fun practicing all that :)

GSUB

Smash Lord
Alright JDM!

Thanks McCain. And I know FC is waaaaay better than DJC, but it's just fun to do, and now that I'm good at em, I'm gonna practice multiple FC Nairs, I can already insta nair and while moving, and bair to dsmash, and OoS has never been a problem for me.

I do use the No Aerial DJC a lot though, like to instant turn around grab while running or instantly dash the other way with almost no lag, and to jab and dsmash OoS.

Kira-

Smash Champion
i use lots of DJC bairs if i'm already in the air. it gets you to change direction and helps your aerial mobility a little bit which can sometimes be a small surprise to people. i played a lot of peach against Cameron (psychomidget) yesterday, it was pretty fun. but only against fox lol, his falcon ***** me

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
To continue the trend of people who don't play Peach talking about what is good with Peach, the only time I ever do DJC'd bairs is after running off a platform. For example, if the other character is below you and you're on one of the side platforms on Battlefield, you run off and DJC bair towards the center of the platform.

Kira-

Smash Champion
To continue the trend of people who don't play Peach talking about what is good with Peach, the only time I ever do DJC'd bairs is after running off a platform. For example, if the other character is below you and you're on one of the side platforms on Battlefield, you run off and DJC bair towards the center of the platform.
lol yeah

stuff like that

but mostly just copy macd and you'll get pretty far

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I didn't read anything MacD said but don't use DJC ever. float cancels > DJC

you should practice FC nair out of shield, FC bair out of shield and you should be good when it comes to being technical with Peach.

FC bairs out of shield are such a pain if you mess up though cuz you'll spotdodge or roll and look noob haha.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Yeah, floating out-of-shield is kinda weird cause you have to jump first then hold down, or pull down a bit and slowly then hold jump, or, what I do, is hold down and to the side diagonally then jump, it works for some reason, but yeah, they're a pain.

And after getting all my FC stuff down, it's just as easy as DJC is for me now, and yeah FC > DJC.
DJC's are just flashy and fun (for me at least) :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
so if it isn't evident by the G-rev monthly V thread, me and axe are coming to Socal during winter break

we *want* to come in on december 26th, and leave the day after Stab's tourney (Jan 3), so we'll be staying like, a week

anyone in the 949 (and surrounding areas) wanna house us for a few days? We already have like, 2ish days covered by Connor.

MacD

Banned via Administration
FC bairs out of shield are such a pain if you mess up though cuz you'll spotdodge or roll and look noob haha.
this, god i miss soooo many punishes, like my 1st match against jeff, i try to l cancel a bair, end up light shielding so i try to float and i end up spot dodging, just one big ugly mess

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
so if it isn't evident by the G-rev monthly V thread, me and axe are coming to Socal during winter break

we *want* to come in on december 26th, and leave the day after Stab's tourney (Jan 3), so we'll be staying like, a week

anyone in the 949 (and surrounding areas) wanna house us for a few days? We already have like, 2ish days covered by Connor.
**** looks like imma come to 949 a little bit during winter break lol

JDM

Smash Champion
People can come over tomorrow.

Also, I want to start doing some mini "ban" matches if there is a decent amount of people here/are down to do them.

Basically I will run a pool with everybody and the person with the worst record pays the first placer $2 and the second worst record pays the second placer $1. I am doing this because it promotes competition and is a great way to make us better players instead of just doing random friendlies with our Falcons. If you do not want to get better at this game then don't come to my house.

GSUB

Smash Lord
That sounds cool.
I want to come for that.

I think a better way to say it though is:

Everyone puts $2 in the pot.
1st place gets $4
2nd place gets $3
3rd - IN BETWEEN place gets $2

2nd to last place gets $1
Last place gets $0

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
That sounds amazing! I'll come if I'm not sick tomorrow. Could we do those pools after an hour or so of friendlies? It'd be nice just to have some warm up before the pools stuff.

Kangix

Smash Apprentice
Hey i want to start smashing with you guys.
Is it cool if i go tomorrow?

JDM

Smash Champion
Nope. I want to send a message that losing has it's consequences and that winning has it's rewards. I want the losers to lose money and nobody else. And if I did charge a fee then it would just be another tourney.

We will definatly do warm ups before the ban matches.

Sure. 3751 Cosley street Irvine CA 92614. Come at around 2PM.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I read some of JDM post cuz i didn't know there's going to be a ranbat tomorrow, i just assume there was a smashfest tomorrow

@JDM good **** and i approve of that idea
sadly i have work all day tomorrow, is it possible to do it on saturday instead?

@GSUB horrible *** idea for the pay out

so win or lose you dont get or lose much at all (except money)
which build no reason to try hard at all

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
you gotta blend the two ideas though. you don't want it to cost too much to buy in, but you also want it to be a good enough motivator to win.

GSUB

Smash Lord
lmao
JDM's idea and GSUB's idea have the same pay outs
10this

JDM, everything is the same from what you said to what I said, this way it just ensures that people put their money out there first, if you don't lose (last & 2nd to last), you get your $$$ back.
1st still gets $2
2nd still gets $1
Last still loses $2
2nd to last still loses $1
Everyone else is in the clear.

Kira-

Smash Champion
People can come over tomorrow.

Also, I want to start doing some mini "ban" matches if there is a decent amount of people here/are down to do them.

Basically I will run a pool with everybody and the person with the worst record pays the first placer $2 and the second worst record pays the second placer $1. I am doing this because it promotes competition and is a great way to make us better players instead of just doing random friendlies with our Falcons. If you do not want to get better at this game then don't come to my house.
good idea

why are they called "ban" matches?

i will come if i get the chance but can't promise sorry

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i think it's a mini "ban" on us lower player's stupid characters

i admit i have been playing luigi a lot instead of sheik when i've been coming lately

also we usually always all start playing falcon only teams

Top Bottom