• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
You should really pick up a new game to play Matt. Pretty sure everyone in the smash community has a different game that they play casualy/competitively except you.

TF2/LoL/Dota2/Pokemon are good choices for the cheap ***** since all of them are free to play.
That's probably a good idea. What I've wanted to pick up was tekken but I don't have a new gen console LOL

I'd like to go to tourneys around our county. It seems like no one is really active around here though :(. I had high hopes a couple of times because there was gonna be one near my area but then it moved to LA lol. Then I missed the one at trabuco. Oh btw return is a friend of mine that lives in orange that got me into smash. We played at our school until our teacher took the tv away lol. But it should be back soon.

:phone:
What area of Orange County do you live?

All things considered, Irvine smash is still pretty strong in spite of the decreased activity. That said, it couldn't hurt to look into ways of attracting new blood. It's been quite a while since we've had a tourney right in the vicinity of Irvine; holding and advertising one might help. I don't know the mechanics of how undergraduate clubs work, but a Melee club at UCI could work. I know Fusion had some Smash events and would occasionally have random Melee set-ups elsewhere, but Fusion is evidently not centered around Melee. IIRC, Merced has a Melee club that attracted some new players and helped keep the scene there decent.

*disclaimer that I don't understand people well in general and could easily be wrong about much of this*
Very good idea, but we need someone who goes to UCI to be president and run stuff lol. I'm not sure who would be responsible enough and willing enough to do that.

DJMirror

Smash Master
I don't know how far is super arcade is from riverside but from irvine it's a 30 minute drive but they have tekken tag tournament 2 and they are going to update it once the new version is out. It's a quarter pre game and there are people playing it. There's also ucr fighting game club on fb called arcade revival @ucr theres someone gonna be playing it. Hope this info helps

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Some l'esprit de l'escalier **** coming through.

@Stab - I think it took too long for me to be offended by you saying that plup made the samus match up fun to play for you. **** you, man. IT'S NOT LIKE YOUR FALCO'S MUCH FUN TO PLAY.

**** this game, guys. Smashfest this weekend? I get monday off, yeee.

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Someone asked me if I was a furry because of my name on steam(Woof) and my avatar(the one I use for smashboards).. ):

Signia

Smash Lord
4 day weekend for me I think. Let's do something

and you guys went hiking? :( I have a new hiking (overnight) backpack that hasn't been used and an extra day-pack for someone to use. So yeah invite your Eagle Scout friend hiking please :)

You guys can always hop on SCV. It has easy execution (for the basic stuff) and is pretty easy to pick up. Just gotta learn the moves and 3D FG concepts like mixup, safety, punishment, spacing, and zoning. I also have the SCV guidebook, which is amazing and will teach you anything you want to know.

I'm still down to play smash too, the game can be a lot of fun, especially against high level players. Playing Zhu a month ago was a lot of fun, even though he was sandbagging. I often end up pissed off when playing mid-level players though.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
matt and i were actually thinking of hiking this weekend on saturday

i don't want anyone to flake since i can be working saturday but i'm choosing not to

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Sick, the hike sounds **** now haha. Better not flake this time spenser!

And I think I know what you mean now Ryan. I've been working on my thinking game a lot for the past 2 months, and I understand how people who don't think could annoy you. But in smash you gotta learn to be able to out tech skill your opponents if they're bad and to do all sorts of noob killer tactics before you can climb up and poop on the really good players

JDM

Smash Champion
If you can layout what the day would be timewise on Saturday then I might be down to go.

Was thinking of hosting tomorrow or Sat depending on my tutoring stuff.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
it's going to be a long hike so we should leave at 10am

we'll be done at 4pm the latest

go grab dinner

remember to bring some food and a lot of water

we're eating lunch in the mountains

sunscreen if you sunburn easily

Signia

Smash Lord
Matt you could always play SFxT when it comes out. Law is confirmed to be in the game.

Someone make Ryan start a fire with nothing but sticks.
That's hard as ****

13 miles is a long *** hike too, you guys sure you can handle it? I may have to skip my workout if I'm gonna make it

LOOOOOOOL JDM

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Matt you could always play SFxT when it comes out. Law is confirmed to be in the game.

That's hard as ****

13 miles is a long *** hike too, you guys sure you can handle it? I may have to skip my workout if I'm gonna make it

LOOOOOOOL JDM
I like 3D fighters more.

And I'm sure I'll be fine for the hike. Idk what kind of shape Rei and Spenser are in but I have faith that they can do it lol

Also Anthony, it'd be sick if you joined in. The more the merrier!

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Something just occured to me again.
Tuan/Shoumei. I'm calling you guys out.

I have a hard time believing that our **** talking during the money match(or our overall attitudes) is what got you angry and if it did make you angry/annoyed, you guys are hypocritical ****s. There's no way you guys could've have thought we were sincerely trying to make you guys feel like bad players. If anything I(and everyone else) try to give you guys advice whenever I can. **** talk is **** talk. You guys **** talk all the time as well. It's all in good fun, don't take it to heart because we never do, otherwise I'm pretty sure Spenser would've stopped hanging out with us a very long time ago.

My examples are all of Shoumei's posts involving Spenser. For Tuan, you said it yourself, "Whenever I take a stock off Matt or if he suicides I say things like, 'Matt, why do you suck so much? Matt you're so bad'".

All in good fun.

DJMirror

Smash Master
****kkk The callout

Did I see Call Out on Duty: Anto's Warfare?

excuse the lame jokes since I been hanging out with old people too much

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
hold up so we're doing the hike tomorrow?

where are we meeting?

i'm not a flaky ******, i'm gonna do it and pick up a drink/snacks before our meeting time

at anto's callout: i think it's more than that, but it doesn't really matter much.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i think we're meeting at my place at 10am

stab is gonna get here early since i have to go take a photo for my interview in a suit

so he'll be taking me to utc

head back to my place and change

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Spenser, to prove how dumb it was for you to flake last week because you were "tired", I'm going to get thoroughly ****ed up tonight, show up a zombie tomorrow, and still finish the hike like a champion

:phone:

Kira-

Smash Champion
That's probably a good idea. What I've wanted to pick up was tekken but I don't have a new gen console LOL
Do not pick up League

The rage you've experienced is but a mere tinder spark- the darkest of times await you if you choose to take the path down towards Summoners Rift...

Top Bottom