• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i finish class at noon lol

i started last week

and i seriously just watch movies and write 10 sentences about them

DJMirror

Smash Master
Rei

Your class sound ********

DJM "ComboFiend is amazing"
Kira "ComboFest is more amazing"

Well played Mr. Kim

well played

DJMirror

Smash Master
There's one in San Diego that's called SmashBurger

I ran into one while back during WinterGameFest

Signia

Smash Lord
Rei

Your class sound ********

DJM "ComboFiend is amazing"
Kira "ComboFest is more amazing"

Well played Mr. Kim

well played
Combofiend is my AE Makoto hero
Combofest is my Evil Ryu rival
we gotta plaaaay this reminds me of when I started playing playing melty and lost to Anto, I wanted to play again asap but I didn't get a chance for 3 weeks

btw in that video they're playing VF4FT in "Classic Mode" that's why the graphics look like VF1 I think. and I know Itabashi zangief better as a VF player lol

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Sit on old pa's lap,
I'll spin a tale of woe and fortune,
Of battles and deceit and conquerors,
Of the one who stood up to an army of cannons, of horsemen, and of many much stronger than himself,

The Shmooguy

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
Matt, just saw this on the front page.
http://i.imgur.com/Wh8YV.jpg
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh, man. Amazing.

shmooguy is so good
That mother fu-
That stupid shmooguy.
PAUL YOU SUCK AT ROLLING DICE.

Oh and Rei my parents might not let me go the last day because APPARENTLY WHEN I BOUGHT THE TICKETS MY PARENTS DIDN'T KNOW THAT MY AUNT WANTED TO DO SOMETHING FOR THE 4TH OF JULY. AND APPARENTLY THEY WON'T KNOW IF THEY'LL LET ME GO UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO. But giving you a ride on Friday can be done.

DJMirror

Smash Master
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh, man. Amazing.

That mother fu-
That stupid shmooguy.
Watch your language and don't diss the shmooguy unless you wanna get your *** kicked

Now dissing the Godfather of 949 is awhole another level

DJMirror

Smash Master
Risk is amazing

it's just you suck **** at Risk

playing apples to apples with someone that doesn't care what's the best logic now that's fun/funny

**** why did we not play Apples to Apples MacD >=[

DJMirror

Smash Master
Australia ****ing sucks

- Australia is ****ing small
- you have only 1 way getting in and getting out
- You can't have enough men to defend yourself so you'll get taken over sooner or later since that area is so ****ing small
- Australia's bonus sucks compare to everywhere else
- Camping with Australia is a horrible move

Lucky dice rolls? That goes like ****ing every other board games that you play with dice!

like half the times on a six sided dice you'll get a good roll or a bad

and 1 out of six you can get a 1 or 6

seem fair enough for me unless like each side is a 1 or 6

unlike the wow board game you can make a 6 happen because of your characters/item ability which it doesn't really matter

You gotta be like me backstabbing everyone first like I did with Cam and Dave, I backstabbed them first before I get ****ing backstabbed by them at the right time like Cam and Dave are weak then you move your **** and roll them over

Like Europe is amazing because of the bonus but it sucks *** at the same time because you can get attacked by Asia Africa and North America from all directions

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Australia ****ing sucks

- Australia is ****ing small
- you have only 1 way getting in and getting out
- You can't have enough men to defend yourself so you'll get taken over sooner or later since that area is so ****ing small
- Australia's bonus sucks compare to everywhere else
- Camping with Australia is a horrible move

Lucky dice rolls? That goes like ****ing every other board games that you play with dice!

like half the times on a six sided dice you'll get a good roll or a bad

and 1 out of six you can get a 1 or 6

seem fair enough for me unless like each side is a 1 or 6

unlike the wow board game you can make a 6 happen because of your characters/item ability which it doesn't really matter
Jason, you have NO idea what you're talking about. Unlike every other continent, you only have to defend ONE choke hold to keep australia and it's bonus. It's a very good strategy and you can explode onto the map whenever you want because often the other players won't want to go through your huge force on one country as it will be super costly and they'll probably also be fighting with the other players over control of the other continents.

And Jason, you can have all the strategy you want, but bad dice rolls in risk can get your 15 man force killed by a 5 man force. It's a bunch of ****.

And I highly doubt you tricked Cam AND Dave into trusting you. Even if you did, how would you back stab TWO people at the same time and not thin out your military like ****. The remaining armies could then sweep through your **** easily.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Jason, you have NO idea what you're talking about. Unlike every other continent, you only have to defend ONE choke hold to keep australia and it's bonus. It's a very good strategy and you can explode onto the map whenever you want because often the other players won't want to go through your huge force on one country as it will be super costly and they'll probably also be fighting with the other players over control of the other continents.
Stab you're an ****ing idoit

like what are you going to do when one guy moves all his ****ing army on 1 point and rush you? Where the **** are you going to run? Bonus or not you're still ****ed once a group bigger than yours. Are you going to outlast him by rolling good all the time? No You have to expect some kind of risk and damage. You're telling me like you can get agood *** roll every single ****ing time like I highly doubt that you can. Which it's the reason why this game is called Risk for a reason

And Jason, you can have all the strategy you want, but bad dice rolls in risk can get your 15 man force killed by a 5 man force. It's a bunch of ****.
That never happen to me yet but that because you have a ****ty rolls everytime we play a dice game. You have to expect these kind of things so just having a back up plan helps in some degree. That's like saying I upthrow you on Greens Greens and hope a bomb land on me to kill you while I'm going up to upair as fox

Stab you can have strategies all you have but camping Australia doesn't mean **** if you're getting ****ty rolls to defend yourself ;)

And I highly doubt you tricked Cam AND Dave into trusting you. Even if you did, how would you back stab TWO people at the same time and not thin out your military like ****. The remaining armies could then sweep through your **** easily.
I never say i got both of them at the same time and that's ****ing nearly impossible to do against them. What I do is provide small support while I'm moving around to get say if I'm with Cam then I move where I can get them once him and Dave are tired from fighting. I try not to do too much or too little. if i get one mistake then it's fine as long it's 2v1 the guy by himself is not going to do anything too risk to put himself in a ****ty situation

Cam did once but I ****ed up and let dave won by moving a certain piece

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman

Australia is a great place to get early on in the game:
-Easy 2 extra troops at the start of the game
-Easy to defend

DJMirror

Smash Master
It's just early in the game and Is your two extra men going to be mean **** when your opponet have like the whole area Asia or/and Europe late game? Say we kept six on our dice roll, If you keep going man for man Australia is going to lose badly compare to the area who has the whole area of Asia

I highly doubt it that you can move all your men from the other area in time to help you defend unless you're lucky as hell having your men in one area or very close to each but that's not going to happen

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Stab you're an ****ing idoit

like what are you going to do when one guy moves all his ****ing army on 1 point and rush you? Where the **** are you going to run? Bonus or not you're still ****ed once a group bigger than yours. Are you going to outlast him by rolling good all the time? No You have to expect some kind of risk and damage. You're telling me like you can get agood *** roll every single ****ing time like I highly doubt that you can. Which it's the reason why this game is called Risk for a reason

That never happen to me yet but that because you have a ****ty rolls everytime we play a dice game. You have to expect these kind of things so just having a back up plan helps in some degree. That's like saying I upthrow you on Greens Greens and hope a bomb land on me to kill you while I'm going up to upair as fox

Stab you can have strategies all you have but camping Australia doesn't mean **** if you're getting ****ty rolls to defend yourself ;)

I never say i got both of them at the same time and that's ****ing nearly impossible to do against them. What I do is provide small support while I'm moving around to get say if I'm with Cam then I move where I can get them once him and Dave are tired from fighting. I try not to do too much or too little. if i get one mistake then it's fine as long it's 2v1 the guy by himself is not going to do anything too risk to put himself in a ****ty situation

Cam did once but I ****ed up and let dave won by moving a certain piece

If you moved your whole army to one point to rush Australia
1. You'd take heavy casualties as well
2. The rest of your countries would have no defense so the other players could absolutely **** you

You may stop the guy who took over Australia, but you basically condemn yourself to losing, and that's why it's such a good strat, cuz no one wants to do that.

Jason, how the hell are they going to get Europe or Asia, defend it, AND still be able to attack you in a normal game, where it's 6 people? We aren't talking 1v1 here

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
It's just early in the game and Is your two extra men going to be mean **** when your opponet have like the whole area Asia or/and Europe late game? Say we kept six on our dice roll, If you keep going man for man Australia is going to lose badly compare to the area who has the whole area of Asia

I highly doubt it that you can move all your men from the other area in time to help you defend unless you're lucky as hell having your men in one area or very close to each but that's not going to happen
You can't expect someone to be able to hold Asia for very long unless they were lucky enough to be mainly in Asia to begin with. People in the Western World will stay there while people in Europe and Asia will fight for those two countries. With Australia, people aren't likely to attack you because there are too many other threats out there while you are so hard to take out. From Australia you can break through weak countries in Asia to stop people from getting bonuses themselves.

DJMirror

Smash Master
If you moved your whole army to one point to rush Australia
1. You'd take heavy casualties as well
2. The rest of your countries would have no defense so the other players could absolutely **** you

You may stop the guy who took over Australia, but you basically condemn yourself to losing, and that's why it's such a good strat, cuz no one wants to do that.
That's why you ignore the guy who's taking Australia and go fight the other guys

it doesn't matter if I'm going to take it or not as long you're camping Australia and not just doing anything someone will sooner or later will beat everyone else and take over all over North America/South America/Europe/Asia

in a few turns is your bonus is going to be worth more than his when he has all that?

even tho you managed to avoid all that attacks and both of your mens are gone in a few turns you can bring some of your men back and compare to him he'll still have more men than you.

You can't just camp because if you're just camping and not taking any chance you just ****ed yourself over

DJMirror

Smash Master
You can't expect someone to be able to hold Asia for very long unless they were lucky enough to be mainly in Asia to begin with. People in the Western World will stay there while people in Europe and Asia will fight for those two countries. With Australia, people aren't likely to attack you because there are too many other threats out there while you are so hard to take out. From Australia you can break through weak countries in Asia to stop people from getting bonuses themselves.
Yeah I understand that but I'm just talking just purely camping in Australia without doing anything at all. I have taken account to that

Also Stab

Rei just told me what happen about your game of Risk with him and Anto

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
That's why you ignore the guy who's taking Australia and go fight the other guys

it doesn't matter if I'm going to take it or not as long you're camping Australia and not just doing anything someone will sooner or later will beat everyone else and take over all over North America/South America/Europe/Asia

in a few turns is your bonus is going to be worth more than his when he has all that?

even tho you managed to avoid all that attacks and both of your mens are gone in a few turns you can bring some of your men back and compare to him he'll still have more men than you.

You can't just camp because if you're just camping and not taking any chance you just ****ed yourself over
Jason that doesn't make any sense, if you're battling with 4 other people and losing soldiers with no continent bonus, while someone camps with a guaranteed 5 soldiers per turn, how are you going to be able to out-man him once someone finally takes NA or Europe?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
holy **** this guy is beast

Hakata Ramen Extra Noodle Challenge Day 3!
We had a winner today with 15 extra noodles! Yes, 15 extra noodle and the first one so he had 16 noodles total! CRAZY!

Congrats, Johnnie! :D

DJMirror

Smash Master
Jason that doesn't make any sense, if you're battling with 4 other people and losing soldiers with no continent bonus, while someone camps with a guaranteed 5 soldiers per turn, how are you going to be able to out-man him once someone finally takes NA or Europe?

Bleh I need to rephrase this better

by the time game is down to 2 people left and you're just camping there at Australia while he have everything else (Like Africa NA SA Europe and Asia) he doesn't have to attack you. If he just wait a couple turns he'll have more soldiers than you because if you stack all the bonus from Africa, NA, SA, Europe and Asia that's way more than your Australia bonus.

EDIT I'll finish typing this out by the time I finish watching the newest ep of Steins Gate

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
jason everyone knows that

what they're saying is you camp out in the early game

wait until everyone weakens themselves and then move out midgame

you will always have a fortress in australia but you will be moving out with the extra men

they never said just camp there the entire game until it's just you and 1 other person left

any idiot can see that they would just out bonus you and then sweep you if you just sit still the entire game

Top Bottom