• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

baka4moé

Smash Champion
duuuuuuuuuuuude

the way you guys describe the sd tourney sounds just like how i feel about festizzios monthlies.

and festizzios' tournies are the ****

Jun.

Smash Lord
well today is the first of the tourney series so i'm not exact sure, but Pat's running the tourney alongside our smash club @ ucsd.

Signia

Smash Lord
you do realize, what you guys are doing by going to a different tourney, is 100% the reason why so cal sucks

people host too many tournies and people never go to the same one, that makes turnouts suck

this is why i wish we only had biweeklies, so stupid **** like this wouldn't happen
I like that there's tournaments all the time, but only because nobody hosts regular smashfests around here anymore. I don't feel any hype at any of these tournaments, I've only just now started intently watching grand finals, even though I was like one of two people who was watching MacD vs Fly.

If there's time between tournaments there's hype for any match because there's time to improve between them, and it's less certain who will win. It's way harder to notice your own improvement as well when you're being tested every other week.

There's a SCIV tournament in Pasadena drawing the NorCal scene in May then a major at DEVASTATION in Phoenix in October and I'm insanely hyped for both of them because I've had ample time to rework my strategy and anyone could win since it's been like a year since the last one and I haven't played any of these guys.

MacD

Banned via Administration
last night i wasn't exactly in the best state of mind to convey my thoughts in an intelligent and convincing manner, so here goes round 2 of complaining about tournies lol

having tournies all the time is cool, but then, at least in so cal, no one will travel more than like 30 min except for the ranked players, creating cliques and making it less fun. i'd love bi weeklies of like 40 instead of weeklies with 949, then 818, then SD, then the sunday crew, all being lucky to reach like 30 people on a good week. the regions complaining are lucky to get tournies once a month, or are the midwest where everyone is like 8 hours away.

there are also money issues for some people and whatever, it just seems to me like the so cal melee community could prosper as a whole if we had 2-3 hosts rotate biweeklies, so like an 818, 949, and SD tourney, that way though who really can't travel can still go to a tourney every month or so, but then the rest of the tournies would in theory get more turnout and stuff.

idk, just my thoughts, hard to say what would really happen

Kira-

Smash Champion
The Paul jokes were hilarious, Combination Festivallllll LOOOL

fun times, awesome ein dog, good talks all around

McCain I agree btw I dunno why I felt like counter-arguing your last point

1 big tourney + pools > 4 small ones

Jun.

Smash Lord
ftr

i created "combination festival"

Paul time to get premium like we talked about and change your name.

or wait you said it was too long booo

AntoPark

Smash Lord
I made up the name combination festival MONTHS ago, you fool. You could probably four stock me if you had a billion stocks or something(and I'd have like half a stock).

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
Why weren't you there Charles?
i was working. im gonna try to make it out on saturday though. funny enough, i MIGHT be coming up on friday if anyones free to hang out. if not i'll just see you all on saturday hopefully.

ps: man paul shouldve just dd camped the **** out of jun lol. he wouldve had to come at him eventually. dont get flustered

I just watched the crew battle.

Even I could have done better than Paul.
come thru!

edit: everyone please, DRIVE CAREFULLY, and drive when youre FULLY ENERGIZED. last night, my friend's girlfriend fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a guard rail. she died on impact. i've had older relatives pass away before, but a friend dying is completely different. i dont wanna see any of you guys on the news. please take care

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
edit: everyone please, DRIVE CAREFULLY, and drive when youre FULLY ENERGIZED. last night, my friend's girlfriend fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a guard rail. she died on impact. i've had older relatives pass away before, but a friend dying is completely different. i dont wanna see any of you guys on the news. please take care
I was on the news! Heheh...(for organizing WGF)

Come this week!

BTW someone needs to put Jun's Combination Festival in the 4 stocked thread HAHAHA

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i saw paul's vid lol

also anto getting hit by fairs esp since that's all i have been doing for 2 weeks

Incronaut

Smash Ace
damn dude im sorry :(

ill be careful on the road

DJMirror

Smash Master
So ok...This upcoming tournaments are...

UCSD (April 16th) and MikeHAZE's biweekly (April 17th)
$3 per person

anyone down to go?

UCSD Carpool List (April 16th)
me
-Anto
-Paul </3
-Spark
-

MikeHAZE's Carpool (April 17th)
Me
-Lucky
-Spark