• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Signia

Smash Lord
****, baka4moe's going to champ's? I may have to go now. Plus I like that venue I never get lost like in SD >:(

competitive tourney where you get mad > playing for the lolz

play jRPGs if you never wanna get mad. Though I admit I'm borderline masochistic when it comes to gaming. I love getting mad, that stress just pushes me to a new level every time.

DJMirror

Smash Master
If we do go to SD to play with you guys

I'm going to assume that the "best" player in our car is Paul LOL

for Marvel

Signia

Smash Lord
lolwut

signia, there are better people than me that will be there worth playing. =p

also

what is jdms actual name
***** I want revenge from last tourney. Peach deathpool followed by meeting you in bracket... could have won that too. That match, Hyprid's marth v peach, and Mccain's advice beforehand has helped me understand that matchup a little more, I think I can take you down now! :bee:

one step at a time

MacD

Banned via Administration
well i am most def not driving to SD this weekend

looks like it'll be a tourney free weekend again for me, sorry everyone that needs me for a ride to champ's (though i might change my mind tomorrow, who knows)

and i'll play you some tomorrow stab, i'll end up at cam's one way or another

DJMirror

Smash Master
Well Stab instead of going to champ or sd

we can chill at cams...

while playing WoW board game and getting piss at the warrior/paladin team

AntoPark

Smash Lord
As much as I love seeing my boy, Daniel, I haven't seen the SD guys in a while. The events at SD are 3 dollars, so that's pretty cool too. I'm down for SD.

Signia

Smash Lord
LOL I just realized I have no money. I could go to SD but I'd have to pack a lunch or something

MacD

Banned via Administration
you do realize, what you guys are doing by going to a different tourney, is 100% the reason why so cal sucks

people host too many tournies and people never go to the same one, that makes turnouts suck

this is why i wish we only had biweeklies, so stupid **** like this wouldn't happen

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
dave had his own plans for going to SD already, so i just asked him if i could go with him since i changed my mind last night. lol.

Kira-

Smash Champion
people host too many tournies and people never go to the same one, that makes turnouts suck
I know, socal has like the worst melee scene in the entire world -_-

PEOPLE HOST TOO MANY TOURNEYS i mean what is wrong with us

this is why i wish we only had biweeklies, so stupid **** like this wouldn't happen
The rest of the world wishes for more tourneys, we wish for biweeklies and nothing more. The grass is always greener, apparently.

JDM

Smash Champion
Pro****Talk: Sup bro, I'm glad you came all the way wherever the **** you live to this tourney so I can see your face when you lose.

Kira-

Smash Champion
More seriously though, if I were a young'un aspiring to get better, I would go to the SD tourney.

I'm assuming Champs no longer has pools because he's running doubles, and Pat is trying out a new system where you Round Robin every round in the losers bracket, meaning you could potentially play 4 rounds of pools if you lose the first round in addition your first bracket match. That means at LEAST 5 matches, not even including doubles.

I'd get a lot more experience playing a whole new region of styles rather than going 0-2 losing to MacD and another good player who happened to face a top 10 ranked player the first round.

Jun.

Smash Lord
idk about you guys

BUT I'M GOING TO THE SD TOURNEY.

realistically its just gonna be a chill atmosphere. Its gonna be a fun tourney where you probably know all the entrants, every match will be fun to watch, and everyone will have showered.

Top Bottom