• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
im perfectly fine with paying havok for housing us <3

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
hype is overrated

unless you were there

justin was the only one who had anything useful to say
i quite disagree. best example would be

i was showing kilo mango vs armada from genesis, shortly after the vids got up
i gave him a quick preface of the day, and explained how hype it was and how much was on the line

and he was hype as ****. as was i, even though i knew the outcome.

i was even hype last night, got goosebumps when
iirc clock won sentinel dittos when NEO was on match point bringing it to 12-14
Brendan we can't be friends anymore
get off justins d.ick <3
Well, Neo played it way too defensively and in a dumb way too. And considering Justin plays pretty defensively in MvC2 and called him out for it, you know Neo went a bit overboard with the runaway lol. So Justin had every right to complain. Everytime he told Neo to stop running away, Clock made Neo pay for it.

Plus Justin was right that Neo should've went Santhrax from the start.

yeah i dont disagree with that, iirc justin had a good quote, something like the longer he runs, the more chances clockwork has to get in. but im still a big believer that theres more than 1 way to win, even if running was the worse option.

something like 'its only stupid if it doesnt work, otherwise youre a genius'

also, obviously, both players are doing what they think is the best thing. like, neo was scared/nervous/choking or what have you, but he was doing what he thought was the best thing to do.

its ok for casters to say, hes nervous and being stupid, which they did a bit, but i dunno
i couldnt help but feel justin was just like im the best player and youre doing it wrong

like, everyone makes mistakes in a match, and i would consider it better casting if they acknowledge that instead of criticising every mistake, saying why its wrong, and comparing it to flawless play

which would you prefer
"oh, thats wrong. thats a terrible choice. what a waste of meter."
"oh, i dont know if he should have done that, saving meter for x probably would have been better."
justin had his fair share of both of those, but when i made my initial post, like 15 minutes in, all justin was doing was b.itching about every little mistake

also s.hit like
he really shouldnt be starting with hiryu, i mean-
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*sick hiryu combo*

i dunno. saying why thats a terrible terrible idiot choice, but then it worked fine anyway
it was just bad commentary. and that happened a lot. justin's b.itching getting interrupted by something sick

Tl;DR
justin = good player, bad caster

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, very true. And who am I kidding, I probably didn't pay a lot of attention to Justin because of how awesome Dogface is. lol

Jun.

Smash Lord
send the two kids combofest and antopark to SD

Korean players fund

oh and send Thundercloud.

That guy is cool

Incronaut

Smash Ace
plan update: ill see you *****es there!

edit: charles if we dont at least hang out for a little while i will punch you

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm not sure

i had matt call me during class but the professor was next to me the entire time

i tried calling him back twice but he didn't answer

oh well

DJMirror

Smash Master
I almost don't wanna go to WinterGameFest after putting Another Century's Episode Portable on my PSP

Goddammit

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Is there any smash going on today before WGF?
Ah, if I had seen the boards yesterday I would have called you =(

i'm not sure

i had matt call me during class but the professor was next to me the entire time

i tried calling him back twice but he didn't answer

oh well
Yeah, I was in class when you called back lol. I was wondering if I could have come over to play smash but by the time you called back michael had already said I could come over and we played smash there. Would have called back but was pretty sure you wouldn't come to campus village to play smash and due to the timing that people left and arrived, we couldn't really walk to norte lol

I technically get paid to play smash now.
Making dat money like m2k

See you guys in SD

Kira-

Smash Champion
sup

K so this is about the 949 karaoke/kbbq/smashfest day

we're gonna have a day where we eat kbbq (all you can eat)

then do karaoke, plus karaoke MMs (i know paul/anto want revenge on me/stab from mario tennis... i also hear zhu's got a voice lol)

then if people want, depending on the day we can do a smashfest after but we will see once we get all the logistics figured out

also- there is one more event i want to do but we will need to reserve a recreation center... a simple one would be just a small bball court or something. that would be free (and i would tell you the activity only once we get there). the more costly one would be broomball.. but that's just an idea

NO there is no set date yet and i know that some people will inevitably be busy but if a lot of people can come it would be awesome. so far the idea is to have it right before valentines day, the weekend of feb 12-13. should be after midterms and stuff. also the more people who come the cheaper karaoke is (i seriously doubt we will spend more than $20 for everything even with broomball)

this is for my birthday by the way

JDM

Smash Champion
We can use the park at my place for the field activity. And i'm down for karaoke. Only anto/paul/ryan and jason has heard me sing before.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'll look into my schedule

hopefully i don't have a midterm or paper that weekend

DJMirror

Smash Master
Jason snores so loud
Funny thing is this

Dunk was sleeping out of the room and he went go grab food with a total stranger, Hyprid was like wtf everytime he wakes up he sees an different person sleeping next to him, Mango fell off his bed and land right on top of me and told me "Don't ask why and I don't know why" and he goes and sleep on the floor next to me, Wes & JTB was sleeping like a champ, Alex had smelly feet which stink up the place, Oscar was down for some MacSauce (MacD) and Romeo was broing out and his chest hair is like wtf, Kanna went nuts and started punching Romeo

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
haha, that was definitely a great night

doing the forsaken dance in a cramped motel room

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
K so this is about the 949 karaoke/kbbq/smashfest day

we're gonna have a day where we eat kbbq (all you can eat)

then do karaoke, plus karaoke MMs (i know paul/anto want revenge on me/stab from mario tennis... i also hear zhu's got a voice lol)

then if people want, depending on the day we can do a smashfest after but we will see once we get all the logistics figured out

also- there is one more event i want to do but we will need to reserve a recreation center... a simple one would be just a small bball court or something. that would be free (and i would tell you the activity only once we get there). the more costly one would be broomball.. but that's just an idea

NO there is no set date yet and i know that some people will inevitably be busy but if a lot of people can come it would be awesome. so far the idea is to have it right before valentines day, the weekend of feb 12-13. should be after midterms and stuff. also the more people who come the cheaper karaoke is (i seriously doubt we will spend more than $20 for everything even with broomball)

this is for my birthday by the way
c-c-can 805 come? i-i mean its n-not like we want to.
Its not like we like you guys or anything! It would just be polite cuz you came here!
S-Stop looking at me like that!
kyaaaa

Jun.

Smash Lord
Koreans have some good racials

+10 drinking
+additional buffs to singing while inebriated
+9001 RTS base stats

Kira-

Smash Champion
c-c-can 805 come? i-i mean its n-not like we want to.
Its not like we like you guys or anything! It would just be polite cuz you came here!
S-Stop looking at me like that!
kyaaaa
lol of course you guys can. we should totally do our pokemon stadium minigames bet LOL

Koreans have some good racials

+10 drinking
+additional buffs to singing while inebriated
+9001 RTS base stats
i lol'd

ComboFest

Smash Lord
Stab, you got freakin far up there. Good ****
Signia you ****.

edit: Charles, you **** too.
Chris, You don't **** as hard as Charles.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
shoutouts to charles for being awesome. telling me about the most **** parenting style ever. and ****ING OWNING IN DOUBLES MAN!!! :D <3

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
edit: Charles, you **** too.
Chris, You don't **** as hard as Charles.
wait what? i didnt even go far lol. where were you huh?!

shoutouts to charles for being awesome. telling me about the most **** parenting style ever. and ****ING OWNING IN DOUBLES MAN!!! :D <3
lol im glad we got to catch up and stuff. as soon as i get this car business squared away (im pretty close to picking up an old supra that im down to restore), im gonna head up to irvine for some GREVs and all that since a couple of you guys werent able to come out

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
naked ramen? i must be remembering that word wrong looooooooooooooooooool

you guys at wgf were so fly. i got 5th in my pool, i get ***** at tournaments alwaysssss ;-;

Top Bottom