• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Kira-

Smash Champion
basically in melee you keep learning new "tricks" and eventually you have enough good ones to win

Kira-

Smash Champion
yeah that's why i put tricks in quotes, i used it in a different meaning than the usual one

theres definitely still a difference between tricks and good solid play, i just didnt want to write a whole thing explaining it.

biggest qft ever

when is a safe time to nair against falco as fox? over his lazers?
the move doesnt matter as much as the spacing. although sometimes the move determines how you should space.

for example if falco does laser then approach with his nair (for simplicities sake lets ignore if he does a close laser and fast nair, lets just assume you can do an action in between the laser and the nair)

you can jump over his attack and nair on top of him, yes this would work. You could nair out of shield early and beat his attack. you could wavedash back out of shield and then nair him as he lands. or you could nair out of shield after he hits your shield.

However, in all of these situations, 3 other moves could work just as well, if not better. You could jump over him and do an upair, or a drill, you could upsmash out of shield, shine out of shield, even fair out of shield, you could wavedash back and grab, you could wavedash back and dash attack, and you could shine/grab/jump/roll out of shield after he hits you with his attack.

man i had a lot more i wanted to say but it would take ages to explain. anyway everything is pattern recognition, just some patterns are more subtle than others

Incronaut

Smash Ace
yeah that's why i put tricks in quotes, i used it in a different meaning than the usual one

theres definitely still a difference between tricks and good solid play, i just didnt want to write a whole thing explaining it.

the move doesnt matter as much as the spacing. although sometimes the move determines how you should space.

for example if falco does laser then approach with his nair (for simplicities sake lets ignore if he does a close laser and fast nair, lets just assume you can do an action in between the laser and the nair)

you can jump over his attack and nair on top of him, yes this would work. You could nair out of shield early and beat his attack. you could wavedash back out of shield and then nair him as he lands. or you could nair out of shield after he hits your shield.

However, in all of these situations, 3 other moves could work just as well, if not better. You could jump over him and do an upair, or a drill, you could upsmash out of shield, shine out of shield, even fair out of shield, you could wavedash back and grab, you could wavedash back and dash attack, and you could shine/grab/jump/roll out of shield after he hits you with his attack.

man i had a lot more i wanted to say but it would take ages to explain. anyway everything is pattern recognition, just some patterns are more subtle than others
holy **** thats a lot of options i would never even think of

DJMirror

Smash Master
Dear Kira,

Thank you for training my sheik...I was able to two stock Joey's marth while Mango and MacD failed to do so.

I had a sick *** gimp on Joey. Bthrow to reverse needles to bair to grab ledge = Joey's marth dying around 30ish%

Get ****ed up Lucky get your ****ty *** Marth out of here.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I will never beat a good player's anything

not until i play a lot more 8D

12:30 class got cancelled so i'll be out at the booth in a little while after this other class gets out.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Dear Kira,

Thank you for training my sheik...I was able to two stock Joey's marth while Mango and MacD failed to do so.

I had a sick *** gimp on Joey. Bthrow to reverse needles to bair to grab ledge = Joey's marth dying around 30ish%

Get ****ed up Lucky get your ****ty *** Marth out of here.
i'd love to play pros like this for fun way more, but in order to get started i'd have to go to more tournaments, which would mean paying a lot of money just for the experience and also not seeing my girlfriend who i dont see during weekdays (except monday)... hmmm... this may be possible... :p haha

DJMirror

Smash Master
i'd love to play pros like this for fun way more, but in order to get started i'd have to go to more tournaments, which would mean paying a lot of money just for the experience and also not seeing my girlfriend who i dont see during weekdays (except monday)... hmmm... this may be possible... :p haha
inbe4squidsaysnogirlfriendjohns

ComboFest

Smash Lord
Squid should be your role model.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
ehh shes got monday lol jk

inbe4squidsaysnogirlfriendjohns
smooth

jason still mad
LOL

Incronaut

Smash Ace
dont forget money johns! thats also a big thing.. also squid > me haha -.-

and time johns... midterms = not cool

DJMirror

Smash Master
So we have two mms....

Anto vs Sig

and

Combofest vs Jack of Blades Battle of the choking

if you guys don't mm and crap, I'm putting you guys in the same pools and I will not give a **** about it.

place your bets

ComboFest

Smash Lord
So we have two mms....

Anto vs Sig

and

Combofest vs Jack of Blades Battle of the choking

if you guys don't mm and crap, I'm putting you guys in the same pools and I will not give a **** about it.

place your bets
5 dollars on Anto.
5 dollars on jack of blades.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
you weren't kidding about the bets.

fusion booth was hella fun today.

wish i could go to the tournament this weekend, but heavy preemptive johns are there, so too bad for me

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
No i'm saying you shouldn't be kidding, not that you actually weren't kidding (which you obviously were cuz there's no hype at all).

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
jason's just kidding

just kidding

just kidding about just kidding

no offense but I think jason's a chinky ***

just kidding

Top Bottom