• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Park on da streets.

I bet you could sneak a parking spot in Verano Place if you were desperate though.

my homework is going so well >_>

Signia

Smash Lord
um, park at albertsons center nearby and walk 10 minutes? is that too hard? lol
One of the reasons I am not a fan of the new GREV tourney locations is that you need a UCI parking pass to be safe in the nearby parking lots, and there are signs in the nearby shopping centers that forbid you to park and then leave (to go to UCI, for example). Where I live they have similar signs, and last year I DID get towed for parking there for an hour and a half (A guy standing around inconspicuously orders a after an hour... I was late for class with the lot full and did not know this) and had to pay something like $300 so naturally I'm paranoid about these things.

Seems like you can't safely park anywhere.
10readthepostbeforerespondingsonegativelys

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Where is Rei's place?
How long are you guys smashing for?
Rei is over in vdc norte

check a map of the campus and look out over where the ARC is, it's in the same general area.

unfortunately the buses don't run on weekends, so you're in for a ~15 minute long walk if they're going back over there :(

he is in one of the apartments in the building close to the main office, call him for more info

AntoPark

Smash Lord
ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggs.
It was fun smashing for the first time in forever! :D
teams were fun, anthony

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Dude, today *****. GGs to all. But more importantly.....

I need the help of someone who can read japanese.

Backstory: Minato and I bought volume 24 (the second to last volume) of the manga nodame cantabile. There are 6 chapters left in this 200 chapter long story that are currently left untranslated online. One of those chapters are in this volume. We would normally wait for them to be translated but it's been out for a while and there hasn't been an update in months.

Request: Read this chapter and write down what they're saying in English.

We asked Rei but he seems pretty busy and he's not even fluent in Japanese yet, so yeah. Help a broski out?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I can collaborate with my friend who lived in Japan for 5 years if you want. He'll be back from Japan (visiting his uncle and aunt) on the 18th.

Also...I really like the Gen. V Bike Theme. :) (I like it better than III and IV at least)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Smashfest was fun. GGs guys. It was nice meeting you ShadowScourge.
And yeah, getting the last two volumes of Nodame Cantabile all translated would be awesome. lol

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Sup stab.

Also I was thinking about going to the smashfest but then i got lazy.

(I actually can't write or read japanese. )
can you speak? i thought japanese was quite phonetical unless youre talking about kanji or whatever its called.. unless stab needs help with that??

also, if youre walking to rei's from albertsons, you can climb the hill to reach the bus parking lot right at the intersection of california and campus, and it cuts the time by a little bit.. but you have to walk thru some bushes.. .which i feel bad i made charles do once :p... but he was late to some filipino thing so we needed the time cut (and his girlfriend ate his sandwich).. something wasnt right about that... :p jkz

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
also, if youre walking to rei's from albertsons, you can climb the hill to reach the bus parking lot right at the intersection of california and campus, and it cuts the time by a little bit.. but you have to walk thru some bushes.. .which i feel bad i made charles do once :p... but he was late to some filipino thing so we needed the time cut (and his girlfriend ate his sandwich).. something wasnt right about that... :p jkz
LOL fun times.it was UCI's pcn that night and kaba club was doing a big performance thing that my ex was a part of.and yeah she ate my sandwich what a breezy lol

<3 you chris

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
so there is a new thing that is going to happen with visitor's parking

they are adding more stalls

now the bad news

it now costs money to park depending on length:

1 hr = $2
all-day (expires 11:59pm) = $8
24-hrs = $12

i guess everyone is going to start parking at albertson's

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm not familiar with the arc's parking fees

it should be the same distance from albertson's

there is also the ct parking lot but it has parking fees also

MacD

Banned via Administration
god norte is sucks, i wonder what they are doing with all the money for parking and the increase in rent

last year was the first year they charged for parking, making an extra like 675 per car for the whole year

anyway, i'll either be parking at the arc or the extension by AV, too bad i can't park in AV :(

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah, uci parking and transportation are now in charge of it

so they are going to be checking (more?)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
irvine pd wants parking ticket money

uci transportation wants legit parking money

either way you pay or you park somewhere else and take a bus/walk

:(

also doctor's appt. tomorrow, yay

Incronaut

Smash Ace
god norte is sucks, i wonder what they are doing with all the money for parking and the increase in rent

last year was the first year they charged for parking, making an extra like 675 per car for the whole year

anyway, i'll either be parking at the arc or the extension by AV, too bad i can't park in AV :(
have you NOT seen the new buses??? :p also, i know VDC is contracted with UCI but are not owned by UCI.. but is it still UCI PD that enforces parking in that area then?

good...

good....
still dont get the irvine hate jokes (if theyre even jokes)

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Irvine ****ing sucks. **** that place and the fact that you literally cant park anywhere. Even UCLA has more public parking than that ****. Also you have a road AND a recreational center named after anteaters. That's ****ing dumb.
yeah... dunno why i even bothered

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
Irvine ****ing sucks. **** that place and the fact that you literally cant park anywhere. Even UCLA has more public parking than that ****. Also you have a road AND a recreational center named after anteaters. That's ****ing dumb.
probably didnt get into UCI lol

Top Bottom