• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Signia

Smash Lord
Awesome picture. Lol @ Falco being Okami's secondary, his fox is pretty beast now and his falco not so much.

Any smash going on today? I haven't seen you guys for a while.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
hey kira! do you think terran is OP right now?

when i get sc2 (i played beta a bit), i kinda wanna try out zerg cause i think you're supposed to one base a lot longer than most people are doing imo, but i'd have to try it out myself to see (i could be wrong considering zerg units are super weak)

alsoooooo... i looked at the apex results and it was like 60% fox, but i guess thats just how beast he is lol... ill beat jasons roy with my pikachu

JDM

Smash Champion
If that was you Charles then you have improved alot!

Something I noticed was most of the time you had full meter. Bisons EX Psycho is a great escape move whenever you feel pressured on wakeup. Don't throw out full screen reg psychos because most people can punish it.

Just get down those shorts to knee press and you got this.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
do you think terran is OP right now?
Yeah man! Terran has too many one base options, "hard" counters (if that applies to you), and too strong of critical mass units (especially in the early tiers) for, notably zerg, to deal with...

i dont think theyre massively OP, just a little bit... i really think zerg just needs more options

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
You have to beat Jason's Roy and my Fox to have a character be your secondary, unranked people. :p

P.S. You should really just make someone the deciding person instead of secondaries. Like if you beat Signia's Marth or if you beat JDM's Fox, you can have that character be your secondary or something. Oh. And multiple people. That way you can't just go Sheik and beat a Falcon or something.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
If that was you Charles then you have improved alot!

Something I noticed was most of the time you had full meter. Bisons EX Psycho is a great escape move whenever you feel pressured on wakeup. Don't throw out full screen reg psychos because most people can punish it.

Just get down those shorts to knee press and you got this.
thanks man that means a lot :] ..i think i need to sit down with you and play for a little in person so i can get a better understanding of whats going on.because most of the time i feel like im doing ok but then you do something crazy that i dont know how to get around and then i die lol

edit: @rob i will also take the "secondary" challenge against your fox with doc.i dont really care about the whole secondaries thing..it all just sounds like its fun lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i modded my ps2 memory card, so now i don't have to use swapmagic for imports or burnt discs

Kira-

Smash Champion
hey kira! do you think terran is OP right now?

when i get sc2 (i played beta a bit), i kinda wanna try out zerg cause i think you're supposed to one base a lot longer than most people are doing imo, but i'd have to try it out myself to see (i could be wrong considering zerg units are super weak)

alsoooooo... i looked at the apex results and it was like 60% fox, but i guess thats just how beast he is lol... ill beat jasons roy with my pikachu
Well I'm definitely not good enough to have an opinion on that yet, but if we assumed that I did, I would still say no. Maybe Zerg has a higher learning curve since they aren't as good at turtling on one base like terran and protoss can, but (at least in the tourneys I watched) it doesn't seem like Terran completely dominates the metagame.

Either way, Zerg is getting a slight early game buff, Cameron was showing me the pre-patch notes online. In my completely amateur opinion it seems pretty legit so far. Edit For reference

Also i think jason would do better against your guys' foxes than your low tiers

kira's fox sucks, i heard it lost to a zelda
Now you know why I replaced your sheik with zelda. that set explained it all lol

JDM

Smash Champion
My first day of college I saw Cam, Jenny, Tatsujinken and many tit5 in my Sexuality Class.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
anthony, youre a quiet kid, so you probably got it made in the shade

but ill give you some advice from firsthand experience anyway

dont make friends on the first one or two class meetings

you dont want to be stuck with that annoying guy all semester

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
On the first day before college, I met Jeff. We grew closer as friends and like did non-smash stuff together (aside from the first day). Then like a week later, I found out he was the best Pikachu player in the world. Hah.

Good luck, though, Anthony. And have fun! And...don't play smash all day. Make friends and stuff first.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
you guys play ddr?

i have like 3 ver for ps2

i dont have working pads anymore though

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
thats not to say you wont meet cool people

but personally, im usually just looking for some semester long friends,

and the people i judge to be the easiest to approach have always been the ones i wished to not be involved with

Top Bottom