• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

D

Deleted member

why jkun

jkun fuken broke dunk's doorknob by being dum and owes 40 dollars because the new doorknob costs 40 dollars

we exhausted the dunk fund to pay for the door knob :(

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I'm looking to get back into melee after not playing for over a year. Anyone in the UC Irvine area willing to show me the ropes again and help me restart?
Rod! This guy's pretty good. :D

I'm pretty much unavailable for... a while. I have some time next week, but I might be HOME home.

Signia

Smash Lord
Socal is crazy rofl, you guys play soooo much XD.

I'm pooped rofl
Okami would play all day every day if anyone else would

lol I just noticed JDM added our SFIV mains on the first post. You should add Thundercloud and maybe a few others to the active list.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Hey Stab

At Rei's place, when you ask me "how come I didn't roll?" and I told you "You didn't scared me to roll" Well to be honest, I remember that Mango and Zhu told me a long time ago. When I first started out, I kept getting ***** by anyone's Falco shield pressure (I'm going to admit this EVEN Aznforce's shield pressure was getting me) So I asked Mango and Zhu: "How do you avoid Falco's shield pressure?" They both said the same thing to me: "Just roll away!" At first I thought: "What the hell? That's it?" Later I watch M2K's Marth Wavedash out of shield. Sooooo rappppeeeee! but anyways I kept shield grabbing, buffer spotdodges and jumping out of my shield. Sometimes I get away with it, sometimes I just eat ****load of damage. As I was playing you and Connor, I realize this: It's ok to roll SOMETIMES I just don't know why it works but I'll figure it out. But I still think Wavedash out of shield is way better but it's hard to do it when someone shield pressure you perfectly *Glare at Lovage, Joe, Connor, Zhu, and Mango*

Right now I need to work on:

Stop shield grabbing
Apply rolling to my game on certain situations (this is going to be a ***** to work with)
Stop sitting in my shield
Punish HARDER! (Kira told me he's not scared out of my grabs >=[)

there's more but I'm too lazy right now because Shinji is a ***** and I'm going to watch Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 right now

alia

Smash Rookie
Where in irvine/UCI do you live?
3rd floor of VDC Norte 28500 building. I randomly stumbled into the tournament Sunday after wondering what was on the second floor.

And you can pretty much consider me a newbie. My fingers don't remember any techniques at all. Would be pretty cool if I could get a chance to play, though! :)

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Is there any smash today?

P.S. I know I played yesterday, and all day Saturday, and Friday, and I don't remember past that, but I know I played every day and all...but...but...but...this is Melee we're talking about!

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
nice jeff impersonation

you forgot to mention the part where you're 3 hours late

and you forgot to say "too easy"
And that's why you're still in high school! Cause that was Chris (GG7) I'm quoting.

Via AIM:
GG7: So, my parents are going to be gone for the weekend, which means my girlfriend and I have the place to ourselves, so we're thinking of holding a smashfest.
Piman: Don't you think you should be doing something else? You know...
GG7: We can f*** later. This is Melee we're talking about.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Via AIM:
GG7: So, my parents are going to be gone for the weekend, which means my girlfriend and I have the place to ourselves, so we're thinking of holding a smashfest.
Piman: Don't you think you should be doing something else? You know...
GG7: We can f*** later. This is Melee we're talking about.
LOL :laugh:

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
3rd floor of VDC Norte 28500 building. I randomly stumbled into the tournament Sunday after wondering what was on the second floor.

And you can pretty much consider me a newbie. My fingers don't remember any techniques at all. Would be pretty cool if I could get a chance to play, though! :)
I'm pretty sure Rei lives in that building or somewhere near it. You should get into contact with him.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i remember him

yeah, live in that building also but in the 1st floor

just pm/vm/aim me anytime

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah they still do

look up craiglist since you can find pretty amazing deals

Adam M!

Smash Lord
u can probably stay here but im not gonna drive to grab you