• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 4 Stocked/Amazing Matches Thread (12/17/12 new: mayhem JV 5 stocks RT)

Cero

Smash Lord
Yaaa!!! It's very hard to do 4 stocks or things along the same level with Ganon. =P Or maybe it's my style that prevents me to do that, mmm... I lack execution!
Some characters are just harder to get 4 stocks with than others. As long as you win, that's all that really matters.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Be careful, you'll invoke the wrath of leffen, starting with "LOOLLLL" in his post.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
*facepalms*

Hah, the 4 stock was funny :> The set was incredible overall, both me and Armada agreed that it was our best set so far :)
I'll win next time, gotta keep improoovinggg
I wouldnt think so, since you kinda got bodied in that game. I cant see how you can negate that. Why are you even face palming, you have proven time and time again that you get all butt hurt when someone tells you that your wrong about a certain topic, or that you suck at smash bros.

leffen

Smash Champion
The 4 stock just made it more hype, I don't think it actually decreased the quality of our set

Not saying it was our closest set, because it prob wasn't, but it was the set where both armada and me played our best.

iirc armada also said "except for the last game"

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
The 4 stock just made it more hype, I don't think it actually decreased the quality of our set

Not saying it was our closest set, because it prob wasn't, but it was the set where both armada and me played our best.

iirc armada also said "except for the last game"
Your best huh?
Interesting.

Paju

Smash Journeyman
We already knew Armada is the only great/good European smasher.
Maybe you should try getting good at this game before calling out other continents. Everyone knows that the average skill level in America is better than in Europe, but saying that Europe doesn't have any good players besides Armada is just an foolish exaggeration. I'm sure that Armada or Leffen or actually pretty much anyone who made it to the bracket would destroy you.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Man is trying to troll leffen, ignore him.

I like how the commentators were so excited about leffen getting 4-stocked though, haha. Also too bad PP didn't put Armada on the other side of this thread for once.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Maybe you should try getting good at this game before calling out other continents. Everyone knows that the average skill level in America is better than in Europe, but saying that Europe doesn't have any good players besides Armada is just an foolish exaggeration. I'm sure that Armada or Leffen or actually pretty much anyone who made it to the bracket would destroy you.
Not on NTSC, they wouldn't. Armada would destroy me, but lets face it, he kinda destroys everyone.

leffen

Smash Champion
how the **** did you get trolled by this awful troll

sheesh you guys are stupid, the reason I answered to his post was just to get the real stuff on record, anyone who actually believed he was serious is st00pid

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I think the only player who's probably somewhat better at the Fox - peach matchup than Leffen is the one and only Maaaangoooo :D

And yeah Peepee getting the four stock on Armada would've been so awesome... Before this tourney I would've said "Armada getting four stocked? Not gonna happen, not until he decides to quit playing. No chance", and then... that game... Armada down to his last stock and Peepee at around 20 or 30ish on his first.... This might actually happen; WTF :D

Peepee too good! <3
He and Armada have the very best sets. This one even tops the Pound V one for me, which has been my favourite up till now :)

leffen

Smash Champion
I pretty sure that I'm the best at the Peach v Fox matchup in the world. Don't forget how much better NTSC fox is, and that Armada dominated mango at Apex 3-0.

If mango performs better, its because he is a better player overall (for now :>), not because he knows the matchup better

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was talking about "doing best in the matchup absolutely", not "doing best in the matchup relative to ones general skilllevel", sorry if I was ambiguous there (I'm fairly sure you reign supreme in knowing the details of the matchup and applying them :) )
I can't really quantify the amount Fox is better in NTSC, never played that version (let alone against somebody who's actually used to the earlier kill percentages from up smash and stuff).

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice
FWIW, Mango was in the stream chat when that set took place and prior to the 4-stock, he gave credit to Leffen's playstyle; namely, for not playing to Peach's strengths. (Though he followed it up by hinting how much better he would do if he played the same way, lol.)

Still, definitely a legit set.

Beat!

Smash Master
FWIW, Mango was in the stream chat when that set took place and prior to the 4-stock, he gave credit to Leffen's playstyle; namely, for not playing to Peach's strengths. (Though he followed it up by hinting how much better he would do if he played the same way, lol.)

Still, definitely a legit set.
The exact (or at least almost exact) quote was:

"look guys leffen isn't playing into Peach's strengths

<-- plays into them"

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
I pretty sure that I'm the best at the Peach v Fox matchup in the world. Don't forget how much better NTSC fox is, and that Armada dominated mango at Apex 3-0.

If mango performs better, its because he is a better player overall (for now :>), not because he knows the matchup better
ur forgetting about m2ks fox

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Whatcha expect kage, lots of lower players are hungry for competition and dominance. At least I would hope thats the case lol, this community is always in the need for MOAR.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
That was a while ago bro

Things have changed
So? It being a while ago, doesn't make it any less valid answer to "Until another European does well, I'll keep this opinion.". We don't have to wait for an European player who does well and isn't Armada; we've already seen one.

Not acknowledging this is simply undeniably, unquestionably uncorrect (wait, I think there's some incorrect spelling in there :D).

Top Bottom