• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 4 Stocked/Amazing Matches Thread (12/17/12 new: mayhem JV 5 stocks RT)

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
So? It being a while ago, doesn't make it any less valid answer to "Until another European does well, I'll keep this opinion.". We don't have to wait for an European player who does well and isn't Armada; we've already seen one.

Not acknowledging this is simply undeniably, unquestionably uncorrect (wait, I think there's some incorrect spelling in there :D).
Lol, bad logic is bad. The US got better since then, so we have outclassed you ever since in regards to talent of the average smasher, talent of our best smashers, and trolling.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Yo, who's doing the commentary? I dunno if it's just the accents, but I'm loving the European commentary lol

Bones0

Smash Legend
There's nothing to refute. You said Europe doesn't have any good players which is completely subjective. The only objective measurement left for us to use would be whether or not you personally can beat them (you can't).

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
There's nothing to refute. You said Europe doesn't have any good players which is completely subjective. The only objective measurement left for us to use would be whether or not you personally can beat them (you can't).
The only measurement to use are recent tournament results in which Europe's best was pitted against Americans. Which tells us that Armada is the only high caliber player on an entire continent.

Bones0

Smash Legend
There are like 10x more American players than European players. Their placings were about what you'd expect from a much smaller community. The fact that Armada consistently wins despite practicing vs. a much weaker region is frankly quite embarrassing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
To the insecure idiots always talking about EU vs America on the boards:

If you spent more time getting better at the game instead of trying to make America out to be better than everyone else (which may or may not be true) you might become a relevant player.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Too the *******s always talking about EU vs America on the boards:

If you spent more time getting better at the game instead of trying to make America out to be better than everyone else (which may or may not be true) you might become a relevant player.
I dont care about being "relevant", I play this game to make people angry because they are losing to such a boring *** character.
:sheik:

Also, nice irrelevant edit.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So? It being a while ago, doesn't make it any less valid answer to "Until another European does well, I'll keep this opinion.". We don't have to wait for an European player who does well and isn't Armada; we've already seen one.

Not acknowledging this is simply undeniably, unquestionably uncorrect (wait, I think there's some incorrect spelling in there :D).
The opinion in question is that Europe as a whole besides Armada is 33rd tier. Is, present tense.

Amsah is 33rd tier at the moment. Whether or not he always was is irrelevant.

If another European player does well in the future, then we'll have to reevaluate that opinion because things will have changed, but in the present it's valid

I'm not wrong

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
Baxon super legit, those were big wins. Could have sandbagged against lesser players but just showed them who is boss.
But then later in tournament gets annihilated by Armada. Last match Armada gets the JV 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts2yafFO0Q4&feature=related
It's scary that there are people that good (Baxon) and then a whole 'nother level above that. And then a huge chasm. And then Armada.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
King of the world at this point. Has there been a tournament that he has entered and not won in the last 2 years?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Hahaha best thing about those games was that last edgeguard against that doctor mario, dashing sh turnaround laser -> sliding off because of momentum -> dj bair <3

wavedash off while not grabbing the edge -> dj bair is cool enough, but the laser turnaround slide off made it at least 120% cooler :D

Bones0

Smash Legend
That was cool, and you should feel cool.

I'm stealing it, and claiming it as my own.

jk ;p

(about the claiming it part; still stealing it)

Top Bottom