• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 4 Stocked/Amazing Matches Thread (12/17/12 new: mayhem JV 5 stocks RT)

Signia

Smash Lord
I'm not amazed but I am somewhat impressed. GS Tai

Okami was looking a bit cocky there at the end with his DI, rolling, teching and passive crouch canceling. Never underestimate Marth's ability to take stocks out of thin air.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You shouldn't have said that.. You don't ask for respect, you earn it!
I ****ing beat Axe, and I'm 4th in Arizona. If I haven't earned it by now, then the rest of the community can eat **** and die. :\

/MAAAAAAD bitter.

@Cero:

Axe sandbagged me game 2. The 3 to 1 comeback was game 3 where he WASN'T sandbagging. :\

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I ****ing beat Axe, and I'm 4th in Arizona. If I haven't earned it by now, then the rest of the community can eat **** and die. :\

/MAAAAAAD bitter.

@Cero:

Axe sandbagged me game 2. The 3 to 1 comeback was game 3 where he WASN'T sandbagging. :\
You didn't win the tournament, it's somewhat the same as if I beat Mango but I didn't win. Stop sucking. =)

Edit: I mean if you could of beaten Axe, why didn't you win according to that logic? He's the best in your region but you could not beat the other guys? *shakes head*

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Because I didn't play as well as I did vs Axe in my other matches. You win some you lose some. I'll get better and beat 'em next tournament.

Also just because you didn't win the tournament doesn't change the fact that you took a set off someone better than you. I fail to see how that isn't worthy of respect.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Right, that's fair enough. Sometimes I will exaggerate stories or situations, that's just one thing warriors do.. but I definitely don't believe in those stories. =P

MacD

Banned via Administration

/MAAAAAAD bitter.

@Cero:

how often did you see anyone who is good now complain like this when they were learning?

i'm sure many of us had these same thoughts at one time or another, but we don't vocalize them like you do. When you vocalize things like that it just makes people think you are a cocky jerk

i 100% relate to your situation because no one was giving me credit for the longest time, but i didn't go complaining on the boards. what i did was complain to like zhu and connor. that way i got it out of my system and they could help me calm down. just keep beating people and one day, people will suddenly be like "omg rubyiris is so good"

only reason i'm posting this is because i see you complaining all the time about why people ignore you or think you are an idiot. just fyi, it's things like this that make people not take you seriously or care about you

D

Deleted member

if you want respect you gotta beat good people fairly consistently

win here or there won't gain u much respect, especially against wildcard players

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
how often did you see anyone who is good now complain like this when they were learning?

i'm sure many of us had these same thoughts at one time or another, but we don't vocalize them like you do. When you vocalize things like that it just makes people think you are a cocky jerk

i 100% relate to your situation because no one was giving me credit for the longest time, but i didn't go complaining on the boards. what i did was complain to like zhu and connor. that way i got it out of my system and they could help me calm down. just keep beating people and one day, people will suddenly be like "omg rubyiris is so good"

only reason i'm posting this is because i see you complaining all the time about why people ignore you or think you are an idiot. just fyi, it's things like this that make people not take you seriously or care about you
I complain here because sometimes I feel like I don't have another outlet to really relieve that frustration. **** sucks when people in your own region don't even take you seriously half the time.

On the flipside, Az's known you've been the business since forever. :3

@s2j:

Jeff is a wild card player, wut? If you're referring to me, then that's understandable. I still lack the consistency to play amazingly all the time.

I guess I'll just have to beat tai/gg7/axe more often then.

StretchNutz

Smash Journeyman
beat that guy Stretchnutz, then maybe they'll start taking you seriously, little scrublet.

edit: if Jeff is a wildcard player then he's that Draw 4 wild from Uno that ****s everyone up.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
Also just because you didn't win the tournament doesn't change the fact that you took a set off someone better than you. I fail to see how that isn't worthy of respect.
yea the only difference here is that as a ganon main kage is nothing short of phenomenal,
and usually doesn't rely on luck to get ahead. 4th in AZ, but 5th at a monthly, whereas kage took 2 sets from mango on his way to 3rd at Revival of Melee,
look at it in an objectionable manner lmfao.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
yea the only difference here is that as a ganon main kage is nothing short of phenomenal,
and usually doesn't rely on luck to get ahead. 4th in AZ, but 5th at a monthly, whereas kage took 2 sets from mango on his way to 3rd at Revival of Melee,
look at it in an objectionable manner lmfao.
Luck, huh?

@3:

I'll take my minor victories. One step at a time baby. Smashboards is a ****ing joke anyways.

Cero

Smash Lord
Does this **** really have to go down in my thread? Lol.

Oh, and I'll take a look at those crew matches after work, VTS.

EDIT: I have a rule about only putting up crew streaks as long as the player took off 10 stocks and up. The only one I'm putting up is your, VTS.
Sinister has a sexy *** Sheik, though. :)

Walt

Smash Ace
I was questioning a TAS video being in this thread but oh my god that was absolutely disgusting levels of destucrape.

Cero

Smash Lord
Cero said:
  • 2 on 1 comeback: One player on the winning team fights against the odds and defeats the other team's two players by himself.
  • team comeback: Both players on the winning team has one stock each while both players on the losing team has, at least, three stocks each.
  • 6-8 stock win: The winning team has, at least, a sum of six stocks at the end of the match.
This match doesn't qualify for any of these. But that comeback was really impressive and right now I'm debating whether or not I should revise the submission rules...

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Does this **** really have to go down in my thread? Lol.

Oh, and I'll take a look at those crew matches after work, VTS.

EDIT: I have a rule about only putting up crew streaks as long as the player took off 10 stocks and up. The only one I'm putting up is your, VTS.
Sinister has a sexy *** Sheik, though. :)
**** wouldn't have gone down if you *******s would stop trying to discredit me.

Top Bottom