• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
HIKARU will have to fight ESAM to determine who moves on, as well as who gets to keep their name in all caps lol.
Tsu vs Zinoto should be interesting. Zinoto almost definitely took notes from Frostbite. I'm expecting more ES onto stage punishes again.
*looks at bracket*
Really want Locus to beat Shuton just so Fatality can jv him again, this time on stream lol.
Ryu and Olimar mains, what's the mu at?

Goombo

Smash Apprentice

He should have known he cursed himself with this.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
CaptainZack is the best Bayonetta.

Indisputable.

Yea this is what.. the 4th or 5th major that Zack has out performed/placed Salem?

It is really hard to doubt otherwise. I think the only thing of real note Salem can really claim over Zack at this point is defeating ZeRo at Collision

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
More like :4samus: and not :4mewtwo:. :4mario: is probably :4pikachu:'s worst MU.
Tbh he could have taken it with his M2 also. He was beating Ally pretty convincingly with him but got rattled by an early d throw to fair spike offstage then switched for the rest. Esam just outplayed Ally with both characters for the most part.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
HIKARU will have to fight ESAM to determine who moves on, as well as who gets to keep their name in all caps lol.
Tsu vs Zinoto should be interesting. Zinoto almost definitely took notes from Frostbite. I'm expecting more ES onto stage punishes again.
*looks at bracket*
Really want Locus to beat Shuton just so Fatality can jv him again, this time on stream lol.
Ryu and Olimar mains, what's the mu at?
This is still relatively unbroken ground, MU wise. As seen in the Trela vs Shuton match, there's so much volatility in the match. Olimar can really keep Ryu out with Pikmin throw and build damage. If Ryu can get in, he still has difficulty kill-confirming Olimar due to short stature. He can still kill Olimar super early though. I'd call it 55-45 in Oli's favor.
We'll see how Locus/Shuton goes

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Tsu takes it over Zinoto 3-0......niiice. Now I really want ESAM vs Tsu. That'd be a blast to see.
If Zack doesn't get sponsored within a month, something's up. He's in top 8 here and did well at G4, he's proven he's consistent and in many eyes a better bayo than salem, he deserves a sponsor after this.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Dabuz is going in on Kirihara as if the latter being the first Rosa to win a major was an affront to him and his honor.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
Bayo is everything I hate about this game in one character.

Yes, I play her.

Still hate her.

Fenny

Smash Ace
Bayo is everything I hate about this game in one character.

Yes, I play her.

Still hate her.
So what makes you want to play her exactly?

In a strange way I can agree with you but still just want to ask lol

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Tsu takes it over Zinoto 3-0......niiice. Now I really want ESAM vs Tsu. That'd be a blast to see.
If Zack doesn't get sponsored within a month, something's up. He's in top 8 here and did well at G4, he's proven he's consistent and in many eyes a better bayo than salem, he deserves a sponsor after this.
Someone said that teams were looking into him but backed off after seeing his age. But big teams are about marketability more than placings, tbh.

That said, I figure Zack would be pretty marketable...

Fenny

Smash Ace
I could never play a character I hate

If I couldn't win with a character I could come to like or love then I just wouldn't play the game

But different strokes I guess

NairWizard

Somewhere
I could never play a character I hate

If I couldn't win with a character I could come to like or love then I just wouldn't play the game

But different strokes I guess
I love the game, the adaptation and practice that goes into winning a set, and the community.

Character love is secondary for me. It's just pixels on a screen obeying pre-programmed instructions, not a real person I can feel affectionate toward. I'll play whoever gives me the best shot at winning, when I actually play competitively (which I haven't done in a while, as an important side note).

ESAM still playing Pikachu is a timely example of character loyalty getting in the way of winning.

Priorities, I suppose.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
ESAM eliminated his longtime demon Ally using freaking Samus. To ESAM, I think that was as good as even making top 8 here.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD LINK IN TOP 8 WINNERS AT A SUPER NATIONAL

THIS TOURNAMENT IS GETTING REALLY RADICAL.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'll build my bomb shelter until the Link is high tier tyrade dies down.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap.... That was a great set. I'm just happy to see a Link do so well :). This is a tourney of upsets honestly haha.

Last edited:
Top Bottom