• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2GGC: Civil War Discussion Thread

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Incoming: Bombing His Way To High Tier - Link Analysis (1.1.6) - Super Smash Bros Wii U - ZeRo

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Incoming: Bombing His Way To High Tier - Link Analysis (1.1.6) - Super Smash Bros Wii U - ZeRo
Well Link was already in Zero's high tier before this to be honest. He hasn't been listed so far, which surprised me. Now seeing T play, I guess I can see that Link is getting some great rep.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
I got it! It's because of Breath of The Wild guys

The sheer awesomeness of that game is coming radiating out and leaking into Smash 4 and giving Link it's greatness !

Oh and T is just amazing, it could be that too

Last edited:

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
If Fatality was actually an F-Zero player, he would be the kind of player who spams boost even if his energy bar and vehicle is at red.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
I love the game, the adaptation and practice that goes into winning a set, and the community.

Character love is secondary for me. It's just pixels on a screen obeying pre-programmed instructions, not a real person I can feel affectionate toward. I'll play whoever gives me the best shot at winning, when I actually play competitively (which I haven't done in a while, as an important side note).

ESAM still playing Pikachu is a timely example of character loyalty getting in the way of winning.

Priorities, I suppose.
I guess it stops mattering when you're trying to make a living off of it

Which is why I find playing sm4sh competitively to that end is really a confusing career direction IMO

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
R.I.P.

@Radical Larry The Prophecy.

March 19th, 2014 - January 10th, 2017.

While he lived, nobody believed him. Everybody laughed at his beliefs that Link was a secret high tier and the ultimate counter to many top tiers such as Sheik. We lost Radical Larry the Prophecy from our own disbeliefs. 2 and a half months later, we now know that Radical Larry the Prophecy was right. Link is a truely viable character who is capable of making it to top 8 at super nationals.

He will forever be avenged by T the Link. T the Link will continue to forever haunt us by beating everyone and making it to top 8 at every national for the rest of eternity. We will forever by haunted for the loss of Radicial Larry the Prophecy.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Link vs Falcon in top 8 winners of a super national.

Either Link or Falcon makes it to winners finals.

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Link and Falcon in top 8 winners. I know this game is unpredictable but this is something else.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Falcon or Link confirmed 3rd

This is Civil War

This has 47 PGR and other gods

And a Link or Falcon is confirmed for winners finals.

And the only top 10 player left in winners is Dabuz

What
Is
This

Fenny

Smash Ace
Why would you even attempt to make a living on this game like dear lord

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Also dont think it was mentioned but
Larry :4fox:3-2 Komo :4cloud2: so there is no Cloud's left to make top 8.. With Link and Falcon in Winner's top 8

Did I wake up in an alternate dimension today?

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Someone said that teams were looking into him but backed off after seeing his age. But big teams are about marketability more than placings, tbh.

That said, I figure Zack would be pretty marketable...
On the positive side, his age means easier relatability to younger players. On the negative side, tons of people hate him for his poses and say bayo carries him......

I genuinely did not think Fatality would beat Nairo. Good God, Fatality is on a rampage of sensational proportions, and he's in Top 8 now! He has a chance at winning Civil War! A Falcon! That would be the greatest thing ever.

But a little sad komo lost. Knew it was coming, but still kinda sad, he was bringing it back.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Man, quick thoughts:

Mewtwo - Link is a weird MU. Link's Fair seems tailor made to catch Mewtwo's great air dodge, and bombs and boomerang sort of eat the more dangerous versions of shadowball. Even though Aba tried to use his shield as a tool against Link, the downside to Mewtwo is that all his OOS options minus Nair are front-facing. Explains why T rolled behind so much.

Link with rage is also ridiculous, and normally Mewtwo doesn't have a problem closing out stocks, but you can see what happens when he does. I'd have to hear more from Mewtwo mains to see how it is, but it doesn't look like that much of a disadvantage for Link.

Nairo vs Fatality - really a case of Nairo respecting Falcon too much. Nairo is really quite good with Falcon too, and I think he gave those options he understands too much significance, without taking into account Falcon's garbo disadvantage. He almost played it, at times, like a Falcon ditto.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
He likely would have won if he hhad played it as such. Fatality does struggle with the ditto, and nairo plays falcon online a lot. Which makes nairo's loss even more intriguing.
I almost expected him to do the ditto game 1. But really, he doesn't have to play it like a ditto, and he shouldn't. He's playing ZSS, a character that can more easily condition opponents, more so than Captain Falcon, into playing her game. Fatality, by necessity of his character choice, has to risk way more to win, and Nairo let him.

Regardless, Nairo is going to be Loser's Bracket Nairo, without Zero to gatekeep him. This is going to be... interesting.

Last edited:

Fenny

Smash Ace
I find it truly strange that HIKARU can act like Donkey Kong and nary a person so much as bats an eye

But Zack acts like Bayo and everyone wants to kill him

Like what's the difference lmao

Minordeth

Smash Ace
So Locus. Some may disagree, but he needs a secondary for Ryu's tougher MUs. The man already has an impervious mindset, and I haven't really seen him get tilted, no matter how much he is losing. Makes sense given his background, I'd hate to see him held back by the MUs that Ryu gets stomped by.

Edit: I guess Ryu is never really out, because Ryu, but having a secondary for when someone is stuffing Ryu's game would be valuable.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it truly strange that HIKARU can act like Donkey Kong and nary a person so much as bats an eye

But Zack acts like Bayo and everyone wants to kill him

Like what's the difference lmao
DK isn't a top tier threat that nobody likes playing against.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
I must be the only one who doesn't see Fatality over Nario as a major upset. A upset sure but people REALLY sleep on the man. It was 3-2 so it wasn't a wash, I could easily see Fatality in top 8 of any major he is just that good

Fenny

Smash Ace
DK isn't a top tier threat that nobody likes playing against.
Then that's the community's fault for, per usual, being incapable of separating character hate from player hate

Even then, he grabs you at 60+ and you die, that's barely much better

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
HIKARU is going to face Mr.R now in losers for top 8.

If HIKARU wins it, that means that a DK will be in top 8 With Link and Falcon here at Civil War

Wrap your head around that!

Last edited:

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
what even was that 2nd abadango v marss game? ended in less than 30 s

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Larry:4fox:> 9B:4bayonetta:

This losers run is amazing. Really would be sad to see him or Kirihara not make Top8but sadlytheyface each other to get in.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Huh. Aba took a chapter out of Marsss' epic novel "I'm Doing So Well and Whoops, I Just SD'd."

Top Bottom