• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
I built a custom hps, built it in my iso, and it does show up in the music section of the debug menu. The title and filename (77.hps) I recognise, but nothing actually plays when I try. Could my hps file be broken? The file isn't empty, so is there a way to test it or convert back to wav/mp3/whatever?

edit: fixed, the file never got onto the iso. Need to check "do not use game.toc" when rebuilding.

Last edited:

LucidSSBM

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble with the pack, I can't seem to get to the hacked stages no matter how much I press the dpad downwards. Can someone help?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble with the pack, I can't seem to get to the hacked stages no matter how much I press the dpad downwards. Can someone help?
Does it prompt you to press a direction on the D-Pad for other stages? If its dolphin, disable cheats maybe, if its console you may have built in incorrectly.

LucidSSBM

Smash Rookie
Does it prompt you to press a direction on the D-Pad for other stages? If its dolphin, disable cheats maybe, if its console you may have built in incorrectly.
It's on dolphin and it does prompt me for the dpad down, however are you just assuming disabling cheats may fix it?

PS. I have all my cheats turned off so I don't know what to do

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I built a custom hps, built it in my iso, and it does show up in the music section of the debug menu. The title and filename (77.hps) I recognise, but nothing actually plays when I try. Could my hps file be broken? The file isn't empty, so is there a way to test it or convert back to wav/mp3/whatever?
hcs has the "test" program which does exactly what you're wanting. mtbx has this program in it.

Last edited:

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
hcs has the "test" program which does exactly what you're wanting. mtbx has this program in it.
Thanks! The hps works fine when converted back to wav, so it must be something else.

On a related note, GCRebuild wouldn't let me flag "do not use game.toc". It's greyed out. Is this a problem?

edit: Alright, I need to check it before I load a root directory. But now it says the resulting image is too large. Too large for what? Is 1.36GB the absolute max?
I'll just delete the mth files, dirty solution but it works

Last edited:

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
I am very appreciative of this project and I feel bad making a complaint, but I personally have no desire to play against the 4.05 cpu because of it's neutral game and it's annoying having to go into debug mode every time i start the game to change it.

it would be really cool if the lvl.1 cpu was like 3.02 but with recovery, and if lvl.9 was like the 4.05 cpu

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I found yet another bug in 4.05

In the CSS, when choosing MasterHand/CrazyHand if you change to an alternate skin the game freezes, same thing in Dolphin

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Sorry if this is a silly question, I've been out of the loop for a while due to exams. Hey so just checking, as of the current build of 20XX, we can't do custom stage-skins (the part that you can edit in the debut menu) for anything other than battlefield, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Sup.
Here is all of the PAL character files (.pat) replaced with those that are in silly melee.
So when you press D-pad right at the CSS, it loads the silly melee version of that character
One small problem though, Fox and Falco laser speed is unchanged and side-b is the same :c
if anyone can figure out why it doesnt load right, that would be great!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzG00kQGMqBQcUEyYTZIUzU0N1k

instructions are pretty simple, extract the files into your root folder then rebuild.

i'm also working on some SDR edits for the rest of the unchanged characters. I've got shiek, peach, and marth done. They're just small changes to make the characters a bit more fun. Open to suggestions!

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Sup.
Here is all of the PAL character files (.pat) replaced with those that are in silly melee.
So when you press D-pad right at the CSS, it loads the silly melee version of that character
One small problem though, Fox and Falco laser speed is unchanged and side-b is the same :c

instructions are pretty simple, extract the files into your root folder then rebuild.

i'm also working on some SDR edits for the rest of the unchanged characters. I've got shiek, peach, and marth done. They're just small changes to make the characters a bit more fun. Open to suggestions!
You should've replaced the rumble option (down on the D-Pad) with Silly Melee toggles instead, but maybe that's more advanced than replacing PAL toggles.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
It has to do with the FSM engine not being used with the .pat files. I replaced the PAL characters with the silly melee ones as well and started modifying them as well to make them more combo-oriented and when I tried to speed up some animations, I noticed the FSM was used across the .dat, .pat and .sat files.. Achilles made a spot in the .dol that uses the FSM for the .sat files. As of now, the only way to preserve the silly melee characters would be to put them as .sat files and modify the values he specified here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-151#post-21106729

to what they are in Silly Melee.

Last edited:

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
It has to do with the FSM engine not being used with the .pat files. I replaced the PAL characters with the silly melee ones as well and started modifying them as well to make them more combo-oriented and when I tried to speed up some animations, I noticed the FSM was used across the .dat, .pat and .sat files.. Achilles made a spot in the .dol that uses the FSM for the .sat files. As of now, the only way to preserve the silly melee characters would be to put them as .sat files and modify the values he specified here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-151#post-21106729

to what they are in Silly Melee.
:c sad day
i really wanted to have both co-exist perfectly. but i guess i wont be able to. i think i would much rather have the sd remix characters be intact and have spacies be messed up slighty then nothing at all though.
Thanks for the response fam. at least i know why now.

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
I have another question. I have friends that I would like to give 20XX to. I have a lot of dvds lying around, so if I were to burn a disc for them, what format would I use? dvd-R?

SpaceRecon

Smash Rookie
Any way to change the default VS. Melee player Flags>CPU AI type so I don't have to change it every time I boot 20xx since I would rather like to have the old cpus?

whims

Smash Apprentice
Sup.

the link took me to custom shields instead of the .pat files :c

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles, quick question. How can I recolor the colors of the respawn platforms? I just want to make them all white like vanilla Melee.
You might want to search in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/changing-color-effects-in-melee.313177/

Any way to change the default VS. Melee player Flags>CPU AI type so I don't have to change it every time I boot 20xx since I would rather like to have the old cpus?
sadfully no :/ , those toggles don't get saved in memory. I would also like that to get changed

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
So I looked this over, it seems simple enough, but how do I even begin to find the offset for the colors of the spawn platforms in the hex code? I think it's in the PlCo.dat file, seeing that the textures for the respawn platforms are in there.
check the changing color effects thread. The values should be in there.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Idea for a special versus mode: The Floor is Lava. Play on a stage where all the platforms damage you and pop you in the air. All players have infinite mid-air jumps, never go helpless and slow-fall. I know that the mid-air jump, slow-fall, and never go helpless animation are possible to toggle off. However, I'm not sure how difficult it'd be to make the floor an environmental hazard. Maybe it's only feasible to do on one stage (probably FD).

Igge

Smash Rookie
So the installation route doesnt really work for my mac so i wonder if anyone has the direct ISO file to download so i can get 20xx :) ?

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
So the installation route doesnt really work for my mac so i wonder if anyone has the direct ISO file to download so i can get 20xx :) ?
It does work on Mac. If you're trying to use the xdelta patch on a 1.02 ISO, use MultiPatch. If you're doing the root files, you can use GCRebuilder by running Wine.

Vardamas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vardamas
So I'm kinda new to this and am having some trouble, how would you update to a newer version of 20XX if you have an older version on your Wii? My Wii is already modded with homebrew and priiloader and all that.
I know how to install it from scratch by following the guide but idk how to update it afterwards.

DylanSmithies

Smash Rookie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Another question,

In vanilla Melee there is this texture that shows up in the background of the SSS:

But in the hack pack, it's invisible despite the file still being in the textures.

How can I re-enable this texture for all of the stage select screens? I always liked it.

Last edited:

Speed

Smash Rookie
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I found a weird glitch with Marth and savestates while practicing uthrow, utilt, uair strings on Fox. When I uthrow -> utilt -> uair him, then load before touching the ground, the next time I go for that same sequence the utilt doesn't come out and instead Marth just falls in place and uairs.

JStensrud

Smash Rookie
I used the guide in the OP to hack my wii with 20XX 3.02 from an sd card, and I'd like to update it with the new version. What should I change? I tried to just change the game.iso in the games folder, and it returned "fatal error: apploader size is zero." I tried putting a disc in the drive, but all it did was make the error show up a bit later. The ISO is also showing with (FST) instead of (ISO) when I select which game to load. Is there any way I can fix this, and if I can, how do I do so? Thank you so much :)

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I found a weird glitch with Marth and savestates while practicing uthrow, utilt, uair strings on Fox. When I uthrow -> utilt -> uair him, then load before touching the ground, the next time I go for that same sequence the utilt doesn't come out and instead Marth just falls in place and uairs.
Don't worry, save states are buggy for now, specially mid-air.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I assume you are saving the state when standing right next to the opponent. Jump and save a state when you are falling airborne about to hit the ground, instead of actually standing on the ground.

KlueD

Smash Rookie
If this is the wrong place for troubleshooting i'm sorry but not sure where to post. I am following the steps to get 20xx installed on my Gamecube memory card and i can get the GCI from the SD card onto the memory card. After this step i put in my melee disc and it comes up saying there is no save and need to create one. Any ideas?

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 How can I know what item I'm summoning when using the develop menu for items in gameplay. It gives me point values and other stuff instead of item names, even if the items spawns regardless?

Top Bottom