• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

whims

Smash Apprentice
Is there an easy way to upgrade versions or do you basically have to do everything from scratch? I would like to keep all my custom stages and costumes and stuff when upgrading if possible
if you have all your costume and stage files it's really easy. if u need help, pm me and it shouldn't be an issue for me to walk u through it

Fullen

Smash Rookie
Hey!
Is there a way to trigger the Fixed camera option on a replay? (20XXTE 2a)

Boamba

Smash Rookie
Stage file Question: How do I change the texture of the stage on 20xx 4.05? On 20xx 4.05 the file system for some stages, Dreamland for example, has multiple files ("GrOp.0at" "GrOp.kat" "GrOp.rat"). Which file do I replace if I want a different texture. This is not a problem with vanilla or 20xx 3.02 iso.

whims

Smash Apprentice
Hey!
this thread isn't for tournament edition; it's for achilles' 20xx hack pack v4.05.

however, i don't see an option to do that in 20xxte 2a
(from the website:
"PLAYBACK

When playing back a replay, you are given a variety of controls.

Start: Pause the replay. While paused, you can press Z to advance frame by frame.
L/R: Slow down or speed up the playback speed.
A: Toggle the visibility of collision bubbles/hitboxes.
Y: Toggle the visibility of an input display at the top of the screen.
X: Perform a normal game pause, allowing you to move the camera or quit the replay.
D-pad Down: Cancel playback and give control back to the players. Doing this will not affect the replay that is currently in game memory - it is not recorded.")

in the future though, go to a different thread

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
I've run into a problem in both 3.02 and 4.05 where when one person picks Link, sometimes one or both players gets stuck at some percent, and no matter how many times they get hit, they will stay at that percent. After this occurs, for any match that you begin afterwards, either one or both characters will not get higher than that percent.

For me, the matchup it occurs in is Link vs Peach and Link vs DK. I don't exactly know how to reproduce it, but it seems to involve Link. From what I can remember, it happened in:

Link vs Peach (don't remember which version)
Link vs DK (3.02)
Link vs DK (4.05)

Is this a known issue? It could also just be my system. Using Nintendont

Last edited:

FGUG2021

Smash Rookie

Milun

Smash Ace
Hey is there an audition process for character hacks? I wanna submit a few (plus an updated Great Bay made specifically for this).

DarkMarth

Smash Rookie
How can I set a color overlay for invincibility frames without going into hitbox mod?

drmarth

Smash Rookie
I think he refers to what is the name of the state he should put the color in.

There's a question of my own. Does the 20xx 4.05 support the hitbox freeze, grab oos, the action programmer etc listed in the in-game toggles? If so, how do I activate them?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
How can I set a color overlay for invincibility frames without going into hitbox mod?
Not a feature at the moment.
Hey is there an audition process for character hacks? I wanna submit a few (plus an updated Great Bay made specifically for this).
There is no audition process. Are you talking about costumes or moveset hacks? I think I mentioned this to you before, but a lot of the alt costumes in the Hack Pack are outdated because I wrote the alt costume code back in Jan. 2015 and haven’t changed the costumes since that point. A lot of good ones have been made since then, like that one Sheik vertex hack you did. I also just haven’t gotten to fully updating the third hacked stage select screen, which would use your Great Bay hack. In the meantime, please post the Great Bay update to the Stage Hacking forum - I'm interested to see what you've done. DRGN is helping me update the costumes.
DRGN DRGN
I actually have another question, what is the name Link's Zora Link costume in 20XX? I was thinking of replacing that one with this costume of dark link
Debug Menu --> General Codes --> Player Flags --> Subcolor : Black
I've run into a problem in both 3.02 and 4.05 where when one person picks Link, sometimes one or both players gets stuck at some percent, and no matter how many times they get hit, they will stay at that percent. After this occurs, for any match that you begin afterwards, either one or both characters will not get higher than that percent.

For me, the matchup it occurs in is Link vs Peach and Link vs DK. I don't exactly know how to reproduce it, but it seems to involve Link. From what I can remember, it happened in:

Link vs Peach (don't remember which version)
Link vs DK (3.02)
Link vs DK (4.05)

Is this a known issue? It could also just be my system. Using Nintendont
I've never heard of this. Sounds like the X+D-Pad Up toggle to freeze the max percent, but I've never heard of it automatically turning on. Let me know if you find a way to reproduce it.
4.05 gives me a black screen when launching using Dolphin. Tried both the xdelta and default methods. Any help?
Make sure cheat codes are disabled. If you ignored all your previous ISOs, downloaded the Root files in the OP and followed the README to generate your ISO....everything should work just fine.
Hey!
As whims stated, this is the thread for the Hack Pack and not Tournament Edition. I can answer your question though, which is "There is not." A feature like that would cause desyncs if the game was recorded without a fixed camera. Once a character leaves the view of the camera, they start taking damage. If you used Fixed Camera when the game was recorded normally, character's damage would desync once knocked off the stage and then everything would likely be screwed up from that point forward.
Stage file Question: How do I change the texture of the stage on 20xx 4.05? On 20xx 4.05 the file system for some stages, Dreamland for example, has multiple files ("GrOp.0at" "GrOp.kat" "GrOp.rat"). Which file do I replace if I want a different texture. This is not a problem with vanilla or 20xx 3.02 iso.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-update-3-17-16.351221/page-146#post-21051956
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 damage persent isn't int ?
Ganon's full charge UpshiftS-Smash is 32%. But if ganon attacked twice, damage will be 65%.

BTW, I want to see 4-digit number damage.
Damage is 32-bit floating point and not an int. 4-digit damage would be an insane hack - not something I'm willing to spend the time to try and make.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is there any way to add the "jump out of combo" functionality to AIs that are not Normal or Normalish? From my understanding only those two AIs have that behavior.

Thanks for all of the great work you've put in BTW! I finally updated after like two years haha
It's only Normal that has it, and there is not an easy way to make it apply universally yet. I'll try and add something like that in the future.
Achilles, how high up on your list is left/right smash DI from cpu's? Hax might not be playing anymore, but i and many other fox mains would greatly appreciate this feature.
I'm looking back into it. There's just weird nuances that present interesting challenges when making a "good" code for this.
I remember on an older version of 20XX I set a cpu to shield grab out of shield stun and could do nair -> grab with Falcon before theirs came out. I now am very sure that this shouldn't have been possible, can this be explained with some mechanic in how that toggle command worked?

Edit: I'm only talking about second hit of Falcon's nair, I would practice it while moving forward from a distance so first hit whiff.
It wasn't always a frame perfect grab OoS because 3.02 is garbage.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I first off wanna say I spend hours every day using 20xx and I can't say how much I appreciate this amazing thing you've created.

I have a few questions:

Setting spotdodge to 100% after tech is the single best thing I've done for techchase practicing. It's seriously amazing, it's way better than the idea i posted here about having a sound or something play if you get a true combo techchase.

The new ai is awesome for practicing edgeguards and other things, but makes practicing pure reaction techchasing a lot harder.

The normal advice for this is to change the ai type to normalish, but that breaks the spotdodge function.

So is there an ai type that the spotdodge after tech will work with that I missed? I think I tried them all but might have missed some. If not could you add this functionality in? It would be huge for me and I've heard others say they want something similar on reddit. Especially the "stay" ai which is super useful for setting up these kinds of techchase practice routines.

Secondly, is there any way to find out about new 20xx developments? I find all this stuff super fascinating and would love to hear more about the features you're working on before they come out and the process behind making 20xx.
The only AI type that follows the techchase options is "Normal". It's going to take a little bit of re-structuring code to add this and other things (like jump out of hitstun) to all AI types, but there should eventually be something to allow this.

I imagine if the AI was set to Stay but could still use techchase options, it would be similar to setting shield propensity to 100 (so sitting in shield instead of Wait). Granted the CPU will still move around sometimes, but this can be usually be remedied with save states.

There is no way at the moment to know more about 20XX than what I post here. Compared to other people in this day and age, I live in a cave coding in the shadows and just throw my work into the light when it is "finished".

Milun

Smash Ace
There is no audition process. Are you talking about costumes or moveset hacks? I think I mentioned this to you before, but a lot of the alt costumes in the Hack Pack are outdated because I wrote the alt costume code back in Jan. 2015 and haven’t changed the costumes since that point. A lot of good ones have been made since then, like that one Sheik vertex hack you did. I also just haven’t gotten to fully updating the third hacked stage select screen, which would use your Great Bay hack. In the meantime, please post the Great Bay update to the Stage Hacking forum - I'm interested to see what you've done. DRGN is helping me update the costumes.
Well... don't I feel silly now :facepalm:.

Nvious

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to get CPU's to recover and tech but not attack? I would like to use the latest 20XX for practice with edge guards on side-b's and stuff (with the recent additions) but for practicing purposes I don't want them to be hyper aggressive.

Basically, what's the best way to get a punching bag that will recover and tech?

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
Been a while since I updated because I was rocking SD Remix. Just updated and found that we can use SDR characters!

Balanced cast. Deal with it. :kirbymelee:

qKazoo

Smash Rookie
Is there a guide on how to update your SD card from the previous version to the new one? Don't want to mess up my 20XX, new to all this, thanks!

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
You can beat a level 9 fox by stalling on the ledge. Just letting you know https://youtu.be/-vx91Otjvfk (crappy mic)
At least it isn't vanilla Melee or PM. Those AIs were terrible.

The new AI isn't perfect, but no one is, within reason. Getting daired offstage by a CPU is both a "wow" and an "oh ****" at the same time.

And oh, Jigglypuff…rests…and never misses. :pow:

I just wish a few of the outstanding flaws were fixed:
  • Kirby must never use Stone. Ever.
  • Ness should learn to use PKT2 to recover. He should attempt to hold back and do it at an angle if he can. And more DJC bairs/dairs.
  • Jiggs should do less ground, more air. More Wall of Pain.
  • Pika and Pichu still doesn't know how to use Quick Attack. I want to see some stunts with that, because he still goes up then angled, not always to the ledge.
  • CPUs should also defend their recovery, but make sure Ness and Yoshi don't waste their jump. And Kirby should usually fair on each jump.
I also think that in the future, we could see, for the low tiers that have players, have their AI modeled loosely after that. Examples:
  • Triple R's Kirby (watch him, he is amazing)
  • HBox's Ness
  • M2K/Mango's Pichu
  • Axe's Pika
  • Green Ranger's DK
  • DJ Nintendo's Bowser
  • aMSa's Yoshi
  • Armada's YL
  • Shroomed's (and others') Doc
  • M2K's Mewtwo (or pretty much any character he plays)

Also, if there is any way to change the debug menu font textures, I will be happy to provide PNGs.

Last edited:

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
At least it isn't vanilla Melee or PM. Those AIs were terrible.
And oh, Jigglypuff…rests…and never misses. :pow:
Jiggs should do less ground, more air.
She has missed me a few times

Her ground mobility is great! why change it 8)

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
please no, lol

see simna's or mofo's or vrud's ness
BTW, what is your opinion of the SDR characters? I don't know if I like Ness or not. I can sorta play him in 64, but I am a Kirby main in all games except vanilla Melee and 3DS (he is a little hard to control IMO).

Sam'sAwakening

Smash Cadet
Hey, I have a quick question. I am trying to get 4.05, but my computer is relatively old and when I drag my ISO to the .bat, it doesn't work because (it says this) the xdelta is not compatible with my computer (Windows Vista, 32 bit). Can anybody help me? It would be greatly appreciated!

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I have a quick question. I am trying to get 4.05, but my computer is relatively old and when I drag my ISO to the .bat, it doesn't work because (it says this) the xdelta is not compatible with my computer (Windows Vista, 32 bit). Can anybody help me? It would be greatly appreciated!
use GCR

DarkMarth

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to set the cpu ai so that they don't attack you in neutral but try to escape from and punish failed techases?

qKazoo

Smash Rookie
I used the guide in the OP to hack my wii with 20XX 3.02 from an sd card, and I'd like to update it with the new version. What should I change? I tried to just change the game.iso in the games folder, and it returned "fatal error: apploader size is zero." I tried putting a disc in the drive, but all it did was make the error show up a bit later. The ISO is also showing with (FST) instead of (ISO) when I select which game to load. Is there any way I can fix this, and if I can, how do I do so? Thank you so much :)
I'm in the exact same scenario, let me know if you figure it out.

Doq

Smash Lord
Wait for PN4.0. Or find a 32-bit version of xdelta3 (PN3 has one... but I'm not entirely sure if I released it?)

Last edited:

whims

Smash Apprentice
Am I still able to load it through a memcard? I've tried at least 4 times and I get nothing.
that's 20xx tournament edition. www.20xx.me (see my responses to the next issue; it's related to your issue as well)
Is that the only thing you need to put noon the SD or do you need other files in there?
put a folder on the root of the usb/sd and name it "games". open that folder and put another folder inside called whatever u want. put the .iso in that folder and name it "game"
u will need to homebrew your wii first if loading through nintendont.

both of u can pm me no prob if u need to be walked thru doing that. i had a lot of trouble getting it set up at first, and i've done it a lot, so i can probably get it to work for u guys

BTW, what is your opinion of the SDR characters? I don't know if I like Ness or not. I can sorta play him in 64, but I am a Kirby main in all games except vanilla Melee and 3DS (he is a little hard to control IMO).
i can't play ness in any game except vanilla melee. the buffed ness hits too hard for me to combo. also, since his dair is his main combo setup, and the auto cancel works like peach's float cancel, that produces a very specific playstyle that sdr ness doesn't have since his dair comes out almost immediately. basically, all the sdr low tiers ruin the playstyle that ppl have developed, so no one wants to play them. i think it's a good concept, but the changes were too drastic and make most not want to play it.
Huh. Will see. Never heard of them.

Edit: WOW. Winners semis.
yeah, simna took 13th at evo 2007 (corneria was legal lmao). he's killed me on netplay a ridiculous amount of times, has been playing since the game came out and competitively since 2003, and has a deep, deep grasp of what ness can do.

mofo is a legend of a ness. watch this set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbq...n7QS1SqkkfsCA&index=78&ab_channel=WyntonSmith pay attention to 5:46 and 7:15. it's my favorite set ever, probably

vrud i haven't seen much of, but he's the second best i think? he's really good and i need to look into him more

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Somewhat (very) unrelated, does the Nintendo USB to GameCube adapter intended for the Wii U work for the newer Wii that does not have GameCube ports?

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
omewhat (very) unrelated, does the Nintendo USB to GameCube adapter intended for the Wii U work for the newer Wii that does not have GameCube ports?
No, it shouldn't work as far as I'm aware. Of course, you can pick up a 3rd party wireless adapter that converts the GC controller to a classic controller.

Vegerot

Smash Apprentice
fileskiller recently delivered on a request I made that makes landing lag doubled on a missed L-cancel.

Can this be a toggle for 20XX? I know that Project M fans received a similar mod for that positively.
I second this query. Does anybody know of a mod that does this in 20xx?

Quillion, the post you linked to doesn't even work in 20xx 4.05.

In 20xx 3.02, nothing happens.

In 20xx 4.05, the game crashes. I wanted to be punished more for missing an L-Cancel, but making my game crash is too much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom