• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

unlimitedd

Smash Rookie
Ok so how do i run 4.05 on my wii. I can get 3.02 to work fine but when i try to run 4.05 nothing shows up.

I'm using dios-mios. I've tried replacing the files for 3.02 with 4.05 but i get nothing when i boot up diosmios.

I'm sure that the problem is just me being ******** but I don't really know what to do.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Ok so how do i run 4.05 on my wii. I can get 3.02 to work fine but when i try to run 4.05 nothing shows up.

I'm using dios-mios. I've tried replacing the files for 3.02 with 4.05 but i get nothing when i boot up diosmios.

I'm sure that the problem is just me being ******** but I don't really know what to do.
Make sure the iso is named game.iso

D

Deleted member

Which version did you download? I need help as well

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I don't know how many people have tried to use Music Manager, but whenever I use it, it causes my Captain Falcon Red alternates to freeze the game. I have tried several things to fix it, but nothing has worked. Does anybody have any suggestions or has had this happen to them?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I don't know how many people have tried to use Music Manager, but whenever I use it, it causes my Captain Falcon Red alternates to freeze the game. I have tried several things to fix it, but nothing has worked. Does anybody have any suggestions or has had this happen to them?
Are the files even still in the filesystem of your ISO?
PlCaRr.usd & PlCaRl.usd
Is there a way to access the language menu? Or is this something not implemented into the mod yet?
No. It will be forever deleted, and most of the Japanese files have already been removed from the filesystem to free up space for more content.
http://prntscr.com/bc4m5k

What exactly is the problem I'm having?

Note: I have the correct melee version and I've downloaded the most recent version of the 20XX converter.
Idk. You're supposed to drag the vanilla ISO onto the BAT file. Or just ignore all previous ISOs, download the Root files from the OP and follow the included instructions.
Two problems:
1) For some reason my music files are messed up and I have no idea why. Sometimes the game will be playing music and the song it's playing will repeat a certain part over and over again, after it does this for a while it makes weird "pumping" sounds, I can't really describe it. After this the music will just stop. Any ideas on why this is happening?
2) Whenever I try to change CSS colors on the debug menu the colors just change to black. Also, if I try to click on the "View Color" thing it doesn't do anything.
Thanks in advance!!
1) Some people's setups have problems with the custom HPS files. We still don't know exactly why the problem exists, but changing the block size seems to fix it. I'm presuming the vanilla tracks always play just fine?
2) It doesn't sound like you are actually changing the color values. Red, green, and blue, all with a value of zero creates black.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
1) Some people's setups have problems with the custom HPS files. We still don't know exactly why the problem exists, but changing the block size seems to fix it. I'm presuming the vanilla tracks always play just fine?
2) It doesn't sound like you are actually changing the color values. Red, green, and blue, all with a value of zero creates black.
Ill try out the CSS stuff. But for the music, all my music files are the vanilla ones. That's why it's so weird to me.

EDIT: CSS works perfectly now, thanks!!
EDIT 2: I downloaded a fresh copy of 20xx and replaced the "audio" folder, everything is *mostly* perfect now except if I salty run back enough times it happens again.

Last edited:

Shiftyy

Smash Cadet
Can anyone take the time to outline which AI types in the debug menu actually change the cpus, and what each type does to them?

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone take the time to outline which AI types in the debug menu actually change the cpus, and what each type does to them?
I think normal and normalish are the only ones that are advanced. dont quote me on that tho.
The rest i think you can find if you search for it. I would do it for you, but im really tired man sorry lol

Last edited:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
Are the files even still in the filesystem of your ISO?
PlCaRr.usd & PlCaRl.usd

No. It will be forever deleted, and most of the Japanese files have already been removed from the filesystem to free up space for more content.

Idk. You're supposed to drag the vanilla ISO onto the BAT file. Or just ignore all previous ISOs, download the Root files from the OP and follow the included instructions.

Yes, both PlCaRr.usd & PlCaRl.usd are still there. Is there any other files I should check? I have checked most/all the ones labeled Captain Falcon in DAT. I would guess it freezes for everybody, I have tried it numerous different ways from a 20XX iso and the result is always that those two alternates freeze the game. The only way it doesn't is when you use Music Manager to modify a root and not a iso, but then I can't rebuild it because it is too large for gcr.

Last edited:

Lykon

Smash Cadet
Are these the same as in 3.02? As in is blue the same, red costume red swing, black is gold, etc.? Or is it different?
Nope they are different, a preview of the colors is shown in the thread, but you can change the colors, the thread shows you how

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Nope they are different, a preview of the colors is shown in the thread, but you can change the colors, the thread shows you how
Has anyone made the 3.02 ones yet? I'm not so good at hacking so I wouldn't want to try, sorry.

easyaspi314

Smash Rookie
20XX is amazing. The CPU is a lot more fun to play against, alternate stages are greatt, and the options - wow.

I would like to point out a few issues and add some suggestions.

• If we can replace the announcer clips and play what we want (I am pretty sure SDR Lite says "Success" when you activate the exploit), there are some free slots, see this list of unused clips. Maybe, we could get the Project M announcer, a famous Smash commentator, or somebody to record them saying "PAL", "SD Remix", "NTSC", "Metal", etc and the character names. There may even be enough to say the character costume names.
  • You can switch all characters to PAL, but not to SD Remix. :(
  • Special Melee's descriptions are off.
  • IDK if this is possible, but since you already have lowercase name entry, could there be a Unicode or emoji in the Japanese ones?
  • Debug menu becomes 20XX Settings; description: It is your 20XX. Change what you want. Little graphic on the side: Master Hand turning the shine in 20XX's logo like a nut and bolt.
  • Also - 20XX ASCII art needs to be updated to look like the new logo. ASCII Shine FTW.
  • Taunt canceling on the revival platforms pleaaaase? Perfect for a stylish sacrificial KO.
  • Mixing the CSS modifiers: Gray BG (or chosen metal color) = metal, alt. costume = blue BG, yellow ring = PAL, red ring = SDR. That way, we can show which is on and which is off.
  • Choose the roll punish: None, sleep, OHKO, 10% damage, shield drain (although that would be brutal to Jiggs, who uses rolls as approach), faceplant (you get the roll, but you are face down and can't tech.), special fall lag, announcer says, "Failure!" To name a few.
Thanks for the mod! I hope my suggestions help.

Update: New(?) glitch in Chess Melee:
Try back throw Kirbyciding (Use SD Remix Kirby against a CPU, they can't mash out). Instant "Game!" with Kirby having one stock (if you haven't lost one.).

Last edited:

thefury500

Smash Rookie
Could you make ones like the 3.02 files for me?
NS23 NS23 I got you.

xpost from here by me

I worked on some color schemes. All should run cleanly with 4.05. Attached both the dol files and the code.

The first is all normal blue and white for every costume, but this is using the code from @Decipio-Carmen. Perhaps this could be useful for anyone writing a code to toggle between sword swing colors.

The second is the colors from this gif, created by achilles for 3.02 (or maybe earlier), but is now working with Decipio-Carmen's code for 4.05.

The third is the same as the second but with the colors inverted. That is color 1 becomes color 2, so for blue Marth, white is on the hilt of the sword and blue is on the tip. I thought this would give more emphasis on the tip, and I think it turned out pretty well.
Some pics.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Achilles1515 Achilles1515
I've been thinking about a certain idea for 20XX for a while and decided I would finally post it. Here we go - In vanilla Melee as we all know, each CPU level is different, level one doesn't do much, but as you increase the level they CPU's get better and better.
My idea is to implement this into 20XX. How? Each level would do something different. Here is what I thought of:
Level 1 - Only recover
Level 2 - Vanilla Melee Level 1
Level 3-7 - ???
Level 8 - Vanilla Melee Level 9
Level 9 - 20XX 4.05 CPU
As you can see, it still needs a lot of ideas.
Anyway, would this be theoretically possible to add to future versions of 20XX?

Last edited:

の 。の Felon

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjaketheman
Probably a stupid question, and not smash related. In all my research I haven't been able to find a way to add other GC games to my library without having to go through this process again with slight alterations (every freaking guide changes it) What is the best way to do that with this hack without having to download a bunch of other software to my wii? If this isn't alright to post here sorry.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Probably a stupid question, and not smash related. In all my research I haven't been able to find a way to add other GC games to my library without having to go through this process again with slight alterations (every freaking guide changes it) What is the best way to do that with this hack without having to download a bunch of other software to my wii? If this isn't alright to post here sorry.
Probably not the best place to post, but it's OK (I think...) anyway, what I do is - Download the game you want, name it game.iso, then make a folder called the name of the game, for example of you're getting Mario Kart name it "Mario Kart: Double Dash" then put the game (game.iso) in that folder (Mario Kart: Double Dash). Now open up your SD card or USB and drag that folder to a folder called "games" should load up and be ready to go!
Hope this helps! If you need anymore help feel free to let me know.

Sabre

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I'm trying to get 20xx for dolphin, and when I try to import the file to my memcard(which is what it sees like I'm supposed to do), it says that my memcard already has a save for this file, and I can't figure out how to get it to work. Has anyone had this problem/know how to fix it?

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I'm trying to get 20xx for dolphin, and when I try to import the file to my memcard(which is what it sees like I'm supposed to do), it says that my memcard already has a save for this file, and I can't figure out how to get it to work. Has anyone had this problem/know how to fix it?
I don't think you have to do it that way, just download the root, rebuild with gcr, and then drag it into dolphin. You don't need a memory card to play on a computer using dolphin.

lobstaarr

Smash Rookie

I'm having the same problem...
I've just followed the guide to start-from-scratch my new wii for the pinned homebrew/booters/OS things
4.05 works when I load it on dolphin but when I copy the game file to my sd card it won't load on the wii, it still loads 3.02.

Any help?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Carpslayer22

Smash Rookie
I recently got the hack pack which honestly is more than I could have hoped for, but I'm having a hard time changing the stage selection. If I switch it from "ON" to "RANDOM" and then go to the css and back, nothing changed. Not sure if this is a common problem, but I couldn't find anything on it.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Achilles1515 Achilles1515

I wanted to make a playlist for the fourside smashville stage. Would it be possible for me to change the stage one of these playlist correlate to?

Last edited:

Uno

Smash Journeyman
Any timeframe on adding the in-game CPU toggles (hold shield, action spam, etc.) to 4.0? Those are my favorite features of 20XX and I can't get earlier versions to work for some reason.

Top Bottom