• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

whims

Smash Apprentice
If this is the wrong place for troubleshooting i'm sorry but not sure where to post. I am following the steps to get 20xx installed on my Gamecube memory card and i can get the GCI from the SD card onto the memory card. After this step i put in my melee disc and it comes up saying there is no save and need to create one. Any ideas?
20xx 4.05 or 20xx tournament edition by dan salvato?

Dorito Remix

Smash Rookie
Achilles, how high up on your list is left/right smash DI from cpu's? Hax might not be playing anymore, but i and many other fox mains would greatly appreciate this feature.

teh_faucet

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to note that there a few problems with the bash script for building the 20xx iso. The variables outfile and delta are both missing a "$" before the {version}. Without that character the script will not complete successfully. Also it must have been written on a Windows machine because it uses CRLF line endings that didn't play nice on my Linux system. That's quickly fixed with dos2unix though so it's not a big deal. Figured I'd share since some people may be using Mac or Linux but not be able to figure out for themselves. Cheers.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Can someone make an ISO direct download? Thanks! :joyful::joyful::joyful:
No. We are not allowed. Just download the Root files, follow the included instructions, and you will have the ISO in a matter of two minutes.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Another question,

In vanilla Melee there is this texture that shows up in the background of the SSS:

But in the hack pack, it's invisible despite the file still being in the textures.

How can I re-enable this texture for all of the stage select screens? I always liked it.
This is a quote from TheRealest that I followed a long time ago:
6D250 – 80 80 80 FF B3 B3 B3 FF FF FF FF FF 3E 99 99 9A 42 48 00 (weird background things)
  • So the "weird background things" can be made transparent and it makes the SSS look so much better.
6D250 – 80 80 80 FF B3 B3 B3 FF FF FF FF FF 3E 99 99 9A 42 48 00 (Original)
6D250 - 00 00 00 FF 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 42 48 00 (Transparent)

Achilles1515 Achilles1515 How can I know what item I'm summoning when using the develop menu for items in gameplay. It gives me point values and other stuff instead of item names, even if the items spawns regardless?
You'd have to map them out yourself. The item/pokemon names were intentionally overwritten with Magus' Physics Display Code.
I used the guide in the OP to hack my wii with 20XX 3.02 from an sd card, and I'd like to update it with the new version. What should I change? I tried to just change the game.iso in the games folder, and it returned "fatal error: apploader size is zero." I tried putting a disc in the drive, but all it did was make the error show up a bit later. The ISO is also showing with (FST) instead of (ISO) when I select which game to load. Is there any way I can fix this, and if I can, how do I do so? Thank you so much :)
I just have SD:\games\GALE01\game.iso

There is nothing else within the the GALE01 folder.

Kem0therapy

Smash Rookie
So i have 4.05 and i noticed recently that the legal version of yoshis island 64 is on the 3rd css menu but going there send me to vanilla yoshis island 64. Would also like to note it does this for all of the 3rd css's "legal" stages, is there anyway i can re add legal yoshis, and possibly put it onto the 2nd page?

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Any idea around when all the features will be transferred to 4.05?

The Dead King

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dragoncore39
So im haivng an issue with 20xx, my blasters, lazers, and various other projectiles and weapons are not appearing, if anyone knows how to fix it would be greatly apprciated

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Is it OK if I download it via micro SD with an adapter?

JStensrud

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help, but when I removed everything else from my GALE01 folder (the sys folder, which included apploader, bi2.bin, and boot.bin), dios mios stopped showing the 20XX ISO entirely from the viewer. However, the option to boot the disc drive worked, which is an improvement from before. Do you have any suggestions or should I try again to redownload everything?

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the help, but when I removed everything else from my GALE01 folder (the sys folder, which included apploader, bi2.bin, and boot.bin), dios mios stopped showing the 20XX ISO entirely from the viewer. However, the option to boot the disc drive worked, which is an improvement from before. Do you have any suggestions or should I try again to redownload everything?
yea switch to nintendont. Dios Mios is old and unsupported.
Nintendont is easier to use and has more features. If you need assistance setting up nintendont i will gladly help.

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Yo Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I had an idea today for 20XX that i thought was pretty good.
Would it be possible to implement an input buffer? Like how there's the input assist in PM that makes everything easier by 3 Frames.

I think this would be a great thing for players that want to transition into or learn Melee
I know the game can be especially daunting to Sm4sh / Brawl players, Maybe even PM.
So it would be cool if you could set a frame buffer that buffers between 0-10 frames. Cause smash 4 has a 10 frame buffer And i remember hearing on stream once that PM accounts for hitlag when L-canceling. The more they play and practice, the more they can lower the input buffer until they're comfortable with no buffer at all.

BONUS DLC IDEA: Make it so you can set the buffer per player. So if you play with friends who arent the best, are learning, or are casual, they can have a buffer while you dont. This would be great with L-canceling too c:

I feel like this can really get more people playing Melee and that it would be great for the community overall.

I believe in this idea so hard that I'll donate $50 if you can implement this into the next release of 20XX.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I assume you are saving the state when standing right next to the opponent. Jump and save a state when you are falling airborne about to hit the ground, instead of actually standing on the ground.
if possible, I hope state saving can also hold characters' ground/air borne...

Absolome

Smash Cadet
If this is the wrong place for troubleshooting i'm sorry but not sure where to post. I am following the steps to get 20xx installed on my Gamecube memory card and i can get the GCI from the SD card onto the memory card. After this step i put in my melee disc and it comes up saying there is no save and need to create one. Any ideas?
Your question is about 20XX TE, which can be put on a gamecube memory card and is an entirely different pack than the one this thread is about.

Tawkos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tawkos
can you not make the cpu hold shield anymore to practice shield pressure?

s0nicboom

Smash Rookie
I love this mod, but I have 3.02 and when I try to use alternate costumes the game crashes. Does anyone know a solution?

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Can someone tell me where the offset for Stadium is in the dol? I tried searching GrPs.usd but im not finding anything /: all im getting is grps1, 2, 3 and 4. and those are the transformations.

EDIT: i found it. i think its 0042F60C.

EDIT 2: nope thats not it :c

Last edited:

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Hey homies, so i've spent my day learning stage swapping stuff for 20XX.
I know that legal great bay and legal temple dont work when you select it, so i fixed it!
Also, there's smash 4's FD unused among the games files, so i made it when you pick FD on the second page of the stage select screen, it goes to that. I also included a png for you to import with dtw so when you're on the second page it shows the right FD. Make sure you import it into MnSlMap.2sd
And finally, i included a modified iso.hdr so it says "SSBM 20XX 4.05" on nintendont or whatever loader you're using (except dolphin)
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzG00kQGMqBQTUdYV09Ec3czUk0/view?usp=sharing

just extract the contents of the 20XX stage fix into your root of 20XX and you should be good to go
<3

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
For what parts of the download do I need an SD card? Only the Homebrew Channel?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
If I want to use a micro SDHC card that I use for my phone, is it OK that I keep all the files that are on the card? Or will it mess something up?

SJ Zodiac

Smash Rookie
I remember on an older version of 20XX I set a cpu to shield grab out of shield stun and could do nair -> grab with Falcon before theirs came out. I now am very sure that this shouldn't have been possible, can this be explained with some mechanic in how that toggle command worked?

Edit: I'm only talking about second hit of Falcon's nair, I would practice it while moving forward from a distance so first hit whiff.

Last edited:

dreamhouse

Smash Cadet
I remember on an older version of 20XX I set a cpu to shield grab out of shield stun and could do nair -> grab with Falcon before theirs came out. I now am very sure that this shouldn't have been possible, can this be explained with some mechanic in how that toggle command worked?

Edit: I'm only talking about second hit of Falcon's nair, I would practice it while moving forward from a distance so first hit whiff.
I know @Druggedfox said before that cpu grab oos code was actually 1 frame slower than frame perfect. I'm too lazy to look up the actual framedata but lowest nair is -1 right? So if it's a frame slow and you had lower port(giving you grab priority) and did it frame perfectly then your grab would win.

Last edited:

dreamhouse

Smash Cadet
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I first off wanna say I spend hours every day using 20xx and I can't say how much I appreciate this amazing thing you've created.

I have a few questions:

Setting spotdodge to 100% after tech is the single best thing I've done for techchase practicing. It's seriously amazing, it's way better than the idea i posted here about having a sound or something play if you get a true combo techchase.

The new ai is awesome for practicing edgeguards and other things, but makes practicing pure reaction techchasing a lot harder.

The normal advice for this is to change the ai type to normalish, but that breaks the spotdodge function.

So is there an ai type that the spotdodge after tech will work with that I missed? I think I tried them all but might have missed some. If not could you add this functionality in? It would be huge for me and I've heard others say they want something similar on reddit. Especially the "stay" ai which is super useful for setting up these kinds of techchase practice routines.

Secondly, is there any way to find out about new 20xx developments? I find all this stuff super fascinating and would love to hear more about the features you're working on before they come out and the process behind making 20xx.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this hack almost makes me feel like I'm good at melee.

It certainly gets a thumbs up from me.

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is there any way to add the "jump out of combo" functionality to AIs that are not Normal or Normalish? From my understanding only those two AIs have that behavior.

Thanks for all of the great work you've put in BTW! I finally updated after like two years haha

Barcode

Smash Rookie
Is there an easy way to upgrade versions or do you basically have to do everything from scratch? I would like to keep all my custom stages and costumes and stuff when upgrading if possible

Top Bottom