• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Heads up: if you try and load an alternate stage with a computer on anything but the P2 slot, it freezes. Not that this really matters but it confused me for a few minutes,

D

Deleted member

Alright well I just tried CFG loader, did literally nothing as well. I'm going to redownload a blank melee iso but I am 99.9% sure it was a vanilla melee iso. If this continues after the next few things I'm going to do I'm just giving up, theres no hope

D

Deleted member

It seems pressing Down on the D-Pad alone when not on the character selection screen crashes the game every time.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Heads up: if you try and load an alternate stage with a computer on anything but the P2 slot, it freezes. Not that this really matters but it confused me for a few minutes,
Ahhhhh thanks for figuring out the problem. Hmm I'll have to think about why that is happening.

Btw, I just realized that I left Fourside out of the Random Stage Select when hacked stages are turned ON. I have fixed this issue and updated the download link on the first page. If you already have replace the files on an ISO, all you need to do is update the DOL file and not worry about extracting the whole disc or anything.

In GCR,

1) Image --> Open --> Load Melee ISO
2) open the "&&SystemData" folder on the file tree, right click "Start.dol" and choose Import --> navigate to the Start.dol in the hack file replacements folder from the new download

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
It's probably trying to load a save state which doesn't exist. And this would cause it to freeze. It does work to load save states if you have saved one.
I didn't realize that this hack wouldn't work if you didn't have a iso. so that was the problem. I always thought you loaded it from the actual Melee CD/SD Card. Sorry for putting you through all this trouble. I'm downloading a fresh iso now and giving it another shot. Thanks again Achilles for all your hard work you have no idea how much this is going to improve my Yoshi game.

D

Deleted member

Everyone,
If you were using the previous pack of codes and set your ISO loader to default boot with codes on, make sure you change it back to booting with codes off.
I turned cheats off, and now I'm having the issue Lunchables is having.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Wow thats a huge bug though, the game not loading if P3 or P4 are playing. Damn...I need to figure that out ASAP

Edit: narrowing it down. If P2 is not in the game, then it doesn't load.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Achilles, In the next release can you please change the input for saving and loading states to something a bit more complex to remove the issue of accidentally hitting the wrong D-pad direction mid-match? (ie L+R+Z+Dpad Down/Right)

Last edited by a moderator:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles, In the next release can you please change the input for saving and loading states to something a bit more complex to remove the issue of accidentally hitting the wrong D-pad direction mid-match? (ie L+R+Z+Dpad Down/Right)
The problem with that is that hitting those buttons would actually cause your character to execute an action while saving/loading which I didnt want to happen. I can add in some sort of check so that if you haven't loaded a state yet, then do nothing.

D

Deleted member

The problem with that is that hitting those buttons would actually cause your character to execute an action while saving/loading which I didnt want to happen. I can add in some sort of check so that if you haven't loaded a state yet, then do nothing.
Alright do that.
While you're at it, can you put back in the flash on L-cancel code, set random music's initial value to 0, and for modded stages, can you re-add 'no acid brinstar'?
Great work so far dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure why, but the 2P CPU (and possibly other cpus) with no actions applied to it will always air dodge out of hitstun when they should attempt to recover far off stage.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Amazing work here, really. Most everything works splendidly for me. Putting the instructions on the pause menu would be a great improvement as stated because it's impossible to remember all these dang commands. :)

As someone who's done this type of hacking and even has made some small contributions to this hack, I understand how much work went into this. Some of the details are awesome like the SSS changes, when you select Sheik it says her name at the bottom as well as says "Sheik." These little things are awesome.

Just a few comments though:

When loading a single player forced by pressing up on the CSS, the game froze for me when selecting a stage if time was on. If stock is selected, the game finishes immediately instead. I tried every code and this is the only thing that freezes except for dpad down on the SSS (which you addressed you should press that on the CSS, but it'd be nice if it was disabled so you don't accidentally freeze the game.)

I'm not sure exactly how your version of the CPU tech and DI thing is working, but you're gettting a lot of crazy SDI. Maybe you think this is fine, but it looks silly and is completely unrealistic for players to input SDI like this. I know exactly how to disable SDI or do DI without SDI'ing, so if you want I can share those details with you if you think that should be changed as I do.

Another thing that could be implemented pretty easily is loading DI just like you are loading other inputs. You can actually kinda do this already, but they will dash/jump/crouch. I could do this in Gecko code, but I'm not great with ASM yet, so if you want help with this I could help out. This could be used in conjunction with the "save state" mod.

The "save state" mod is pretty impressive, I had thought about this, and I think I could have done it, but I knew it'd be hard, and it feels like there's no point in trying when you are just gonna do everything better than I can (lol). There are still bugs with it though, as you likely know. It seems to not work if the opponent is offstage. This is problematic when you want to do a knee combo (for instance) because they are gonna end up off stage every time. I also found that there's some property not updated which I think is whether or not they are airborne. My test case is that if you hit them into the air and then use the save state while they are in the air and put them back on the ground, then stomp, they will go into the ground rather than pop up. If I jab them first, then this seems to reset this and they will be popped up like they should. This is a tough one to get completely right, I'd be willing to try to find the offsets you need to fix this if you give me the word.

That's all for now. I don't mean to nitpick, the hack is great as-is, but I just wanted to add a little feedback and offer help if you need it.

Foxdyfx

Smash Rookie
It would be nice if you had to press a d-pad button from the character screen to enable the ingame training stuff to work so people dont accidentally turn on things during matches

oksas

oak-sauce
wow holy **** the save state stuff really does sound revolutionary. downloading asap. thanks achilles :D

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have a feeling I know why matches won't load when P2 has no character selected. If the problem is what I'm thinking it is, then it's technically an easy fix but will require a few tricky things in modifying the DOL file. I'll try fixing this tomorrow. I need to get some sleep now.

Amazing work here, really. Most everything works splendidly for me. Putting the instructions on the pause menu would be a great improvement as stated because it's impossible to remember all these dang commands. :)

As someone who's done this type of hacking and even has made some small contributions to this hack, I understand how much work went into this. Some of the details are awesome like the SSS changes, when you select Sheik it says her name at the bottom as well as says "Sheik." These little things are awesome.

Just a few comments though:

When loading a single player forced by pressing up on the CSS, the game froze for me when selecting a stage if time was on. If stock is selected, the game finishes immediately instead. I tried every code and this is the only thing that freezes except for dpad down on the SSS (which you addressed you should press that on the CSS, but it'd be nice if it was disabled so you don't accidentally freeze the game.)

I'm not sure exactly how your version of the CPU tech and DI thing is working, but you're gettting a lot of crazy SDI. Maybe you think this is fine, but it looks silly and is completely unrealistic for players to input SDI like this. I know exactly how to disable SDI or do DI without SDI'ing, so if you want I can share those details with you if you think that should be changed as I do.

Another thing that could be implemented pretty easily is loading DI just like you are loading other inputs. You can actually kinda do this already, but they will dash/jump/crouch. I could do this in Gecko code, but I'm not great with ASM yet, so if you want help with this I could help out. This could be used in conjunction with the "save state" mod.

The "save state" mod is pretty impressive, I had thought about this, and I think I could have done it, but I knew it'd be hard, and it feels like there's no point in trying when you are just gonna do everything better than I can (lol). There are still bugs with it though, as you likely know. It seems to not work if the opponent is offstage. This is problematic when you want to do a knee combo (for instance) because they are gonna end up off stage every time. I also found that there's some property not updated which I think is whether or not they are airborne. My test case is that if you hit them into the air and then use the save state while they are in the air and put them back on the ground, then stomp, they will go into the ground rather than pop up. If I jab them first, then this seems to reset this and they will be popped up like they should. This is a tough one to get completely right, I'd be willing to try to find the offsets you need to fix this if you give me the word.

That's all for now. I don't mean to nitpick, the hack is great as-is, but I just wanted to add a little feedback and offer help if you need it.
Thanks for the comments. This is exactly what I am looking for when I ask for feedback. The issue you were having with freezing when playing a 1P versus match was probably what I just mentioned above. You could test this by plugging your controller in P2 and trying it.

And you're right. getting rid of the [sometimes massive] SDI would be good. I'll contact you tomorrow about this and feel free to send me the info / offsets that you know for disabling it, and I can start thinking of how to implement it in ASM.
It would be nice if you had to press a d-pad button from the character screen to enable the ingame training stuff to work so people dont accidentally turn on things during matches
I was thinking of adding in a toggle in the debug menu to do this. Technically speaking, they should never touch those button combinations in-game but yeah...I know what you mean.

Foxdyfx

Smash Rookie
it would also be nice if in the pack download you had alternate files for setting the default debug menu settings or if its possible have the game save your settings

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to improve falco spam laser ? As is it now, it's kinda impossible to train powershield, cause he spam too much.

Maybe by randomize the height of the laser, and the timing beetween 2 lasers. :)

D

Deleted member

lol yeah. that works with fox/falco any costume if you hold down A while starting the match :awesome:
You should try to hide those easter eggs better so people who want to play tournament matches on 20XX sets don't get annoyed with the little extras. :falconmelee:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
My CPU fox keeps drill shining in place even though I didn't input a command... :/ Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:

sarcasticdharma

Smash Rookie
oh my god this is amazing.

suggestion/request!
  • Salty Runback modification: Rapid-Fire Friendlies
    • wherein holding A+Y (or whatever) as the match is ending will automatically select the same characters, but a random stage?
i think this is a pretty frequent scenario for a lot of folks when playing against just one other person. most definitely for me, anyway.

thanks so much!

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I had an impossible time with the Gecko codes (never did get them to work). This worked on the first try! My loader is inconsistent though. Sometimes it loads and sometimes it doesn't. That's a discussion for another thread though. This is amazing! The states save/load feature seems a bit bugged still. It froze my game a couple times. Also, Classic and all Star Mode seem to be busted now. After going through a few stages the game won't load the next stage. I'm nit-picking though. This is great! 20XX is upon us.

Cloud7z

Smash Cadet
Thank you for this.
Is there a way of implementing thedashdance game and flash on mised L Cancel?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
The flash on L-Cancel and turn white during shield stun codes are two that I leave on almost permanently. Those two contribute a lot to the training value of the previous hack pack. I haven't set up 2.0 yet, but it looks like several people have mentioned they aren't included in this pack. Is this true?

Top Bottom