• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Acryte

Smash Ace
Also, I haven't tried it out, but I noticed stratocaster didn't mention getup-attack... does his code use it?

Kou

Smash Apprentice
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I tested "L+D-pad" on Character select screen codes for 1.00 on Wii.

"Toggle" of these didn't work at all. :(
The effects of codes is always on and can't be off.

And, D-Pad Up Force Loads the Stage Select Screen also didn't work.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Wow....well I just lost like 2 hrs of work because of a blue screen + server maintenance at the same time. I'm assuming server maintenance deleted my draft??? Talk about depressing.... I guess I'll get this up tomorrow. But it will be later in the day after work. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow....well I just lost like 2 hrs of work because of a blue screen + server maintenance at the same time. I'm assuming server maintenance deleted my draft??? Talk about depressing.... I guess I'll get this up tomorrow. But it will be later in the day after work. Sorry guys.
Owch, that really sucks.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
No worries man. We know them feels. The wait will be more than worth it!

Kou

Smash Apprentice
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I have an idea for "Spoof Controller Plugins" code.

This is a convenient code, but I think this will become better if this code is disable only on result screen.
When we don't use "skip result screen", we need to change controller port to quit result screen.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
sorry to hear that man :(
its happened to us all

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , I have an idea for "Spoof Controller Plugins" code.

This is a convenient code, but I think this will become better if this code is disable only on result screen.
When we don't use "skip result screen", we need to change controller port to quit result screen.
This shouldn't be a problem with that code. It's the fact that the moment you quit out of the game, P2 is a human controlled character.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
2. The flash on L-cancel is great, but it would be a billion times better if it flashed on a failed L cancel instead.
This this this this this this.

And I am so grateful to all of you who are putting your valuable time into something like this. It's amazing, thank you <3

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Finally....Well, clearly, I was interrupted by server maintenance again before finishing the main post last night. I will, without a doubt, be releasing the files for the pack tonight after work. Everything on the OP is included, along with one more very special new code. You guys will certainly enjoy it.

enCouRaging Bear

Smash Journeyman
are there any codes for crouch cancel shenanigans available? like if you make crouch the natural state then the code for p2 action spam can coincide so you can practice options against cc grab/shine/dsmash etc

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Amazing work Achilles

Edit: Found the random teching part + the fox dair/uair part. Beyond excited.

Last edited:

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Hey I'm having trouble getting codes to apply at all. I'm using an SD card to boot a melee 1.02 iso and tried applying GALE01 to all the codes folders in WiiFlow, Dios mios booter and CFG Loader. I'm using the latest version of the USB loader and turing Ocarino "on" in all of the above apps.

Pls send help D:

Last edited:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm having trouble getting codes to apply at all. I'm using an SD card to boot a melee 1.02 iso and tried applying GALE01 to all the codes folders in WiiFlow, Dios mios booter and CFG Loader. I'm using the latest version of the USB loader and turing Ocarino "on" in all of the above apps.

Pls send help D:
Just hold on till the end of the day or tomorrow a huge update is coming out which fixes that problem. Confirmed by OP himself.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
ugh, that's so far though xD
yeah the new version will make this obselete, but just in case you're super impatient:

- do you have a USB drive you're also using? some of the loaders will only check for codes on the USB drive
- as you noted, there are a bunch of places it could be looking for the codes. try putting them in all of them.
- CFG usb loader should be able to dynamically build a .GCT file from the GALE01.TXT file. make sure that file is in ALL the codes folders and is named EXACTLY that.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
I'm only using an SD card.

I put the GALE01 everywhere (within reason).

I'll try using the putting the .txt folder in the codes folders.
okay, i think you have something setup pretty wrong. just to make sure, you have melee working through your loader right?

there should be a folder (in /games/ IIRC, could be wrong, at work, so all these paths are off the top of my head), which is called GALE01, this should have the actual melee ISO in it, and some other stuff. the codes file (GALE01.TXT) SHOULD NOT go in here.

GALE01.TXT should be the codes file, it should go in the codes folder. try putting it in /codes/ as well as /apps/YOUR_LOADER_HERE/codes/
and any other folders named codes that seem applicable.

there should NOT be a folder in codes (and definitely not one named something with a .txt extension, this will definitely confuse the **** out of your loader)

and once again, make sure the codes file is named exactly "GALE01.TXT"

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
<--- unclear about how to use DOL mods

ninja edit: I can go back to using Dios MIos Booter since I don't have to edit/use the GCT file, right? I think I remember it booting faster

edit2: Will [this pack of modified files] be a DOL?

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace

I don't have to use CFG USB loader anymore since I don't have to edit the GCT file, right?
roughly correct. you'll be modifying the ISO on your computer, there will be no GCT/TXT file to use anymore. all the codes will be in the iso. you'll still need something that can load gamecube ISOs. or you can burn it to a DVD and load it with a backup launcher.

cquinn357

Smash Rookie
Will the new hack pack still include flash on L cancel? It's been pretty useful to me in the past

SuperUltraDX

Smash Rookie
It's GCRebuilder. You'll use GCR to build a hacked Melee ISO using Achilles' hacks once they're released.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Omg, you really did the "custom CPU spam input" oO

Congrats !

DO you think its possible to register more than one input ?
Yep, and you're the one that sparked the idea. Thank you.
What do you mean by more than one input? Do you mean more than one action? Like a string of actions?

are there any codes for crouch cancel shenanigans available? like if you make crouch the natural state then the code for p2 action spam can coincide so you can practice options against cc grab/shine/dsmash etc
I think this is a good idea. There needs to be some sort of training against crouch cancelling. I'll need to do some experimenting with it, though.

I could easily write a code to have P2 always hold down and then shine/dsmash once hit. Ideally, I think it would be better if this was integrated into the P2 CPU and was done on reaction of P2 getting hit. I'd have to do some experimenting though to see how possible this is and to see how it would play with the random DI. I'm aware of a value that changes from 0 to 1 whether or not the character is in the air and that could be the key to the solution.

ninja edit: I can go back to using Dios MIos Booter since I don't have to edit/use the GCT file, right? I think I remember it booting faster

edit2: Will [this pack of modified files] be a DOL?
it will be a DOL files a few others.

Will the new hack pack still include flash on L cancel? It's been pretty useful to me in the past
It currently does not. There have been a few recent suggestions of color mods that I would like to implement in the future at some point. Flash on L-cancel would be in this pack (or a variation of this code).

Granted, you can totally just run the flash on l-cancel code with the modified ISO if you're familiar with the applying cheats process.

What is GCR?
Yeah, its GCRebuilder, as SuperUltraDX stated. But ignore what I have written there in the OP. It's kind of just used as a placeholder. I probably won't use GCR anyway. I think it will be overkill.

I'm thinking I'll be home in about an hour and a half to start working on the last bit of this stuff, btw.

P 1

Smash Cadet
Hear me out on this pls :^(

Some custom stages retain the way the camera scaled in the previous stage, even though the scale has completely changed. it's obnoxious.

this problem could be solved if there were a minimum zoom to the camera. some (really good) custom stages zoom in way too much once you get kind of close to each other (FourSide for one). idk if the information is known to create this code, but it would make several custom stages feel much more comfortable.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Yep, and you're the one that sparked the idea. Thank you.
What do you mean by more than one input? Do you mean more than one action? Like a string of actions?

I think this is a good idea. There needs to be some sort of training against crouch cancelling. I'll need to do some experimenting with it, though.

I could easily write a code to have P2 always hold down and then shine/dsmash once hit. Ideally, I think it would be better if this was integrated into the P2 CPU and was done on reaction of P2 getting hit. I'd have to do some experimenting though to see how possible this is and to see how it would play with the random DI. I'm aware of a value that changes from 0 to 1 whether or not the character is in the air and that could be the key to the solution.

it will be a DOL files a few others.

It currently does not. There have been a few recent suggestions of color mods that I would like to implement in the future at some point. Flash on L-cancel would be in this pack (or a variation of this code).

Granted, you can totally just run the flash on l-cancel code with the modified ISO if you're familiar with the applying cheats process.

Yeah, its GCRebuilder, as SuperUltraDX stated. But ignore what I have written there in the OP. It's kind of just used as a placeholder. I probably won't use GCR anyway. I think it will be overkill.

I'm thinking I'll be home in about an hour and a half to start working on the last bit of this stuff, btw.
GCR is likely overkill. you could diff the files and provide patch files which would let people patch their ISOs (and wouldnt have any copyrighted content, so its 100% legal).
you'll probably want to post:
- md5 of vanilla melee 1.0.2
- md5 of melee with the 20xx patched (so people can verify they did it correctly)
- the patch file in several different formats. im not super up to date on what the most commonly used / most cross platform formats are, but some googling with likely help

Top Bottom