• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
@Cactuar it is true that flash on l-cancel and white on shield stun are not included in this pack. This is a dol mod and you can use additional codes or dol mods (if the space is available.) Your existing codes may still work with this. I think they should be included as a toggle in the debug menu like some of the other things. I think they are omitted so far because this hack seems to try to both be good for training and for convenience in tournament sets with striking and such. Those can effect gameplay a little. The in game toggles aslo need a feature to be locked in order to be used for real sets.

@Life this mod loads an iso from an sd/usb. You don't need the right disc, you just need to "find" a 1.02 iso and apply the changes as instructed in the download's readme. Then you have to figure out how to load an iso on a wii. This shouldn't be difficult if you already have the homebrew channel.

awoh

Smash Rookie
My game freezes when I press down on the DPAD at stage selection screen to try get alternate stages. I'm running this on dolphin. Does anyone know why?

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
Is the P2 CPU random DI/tech just totally integrated into any CPU? Because I don't see a toggle unless I'm missing something...

EDIT: Yeah it's all built in! Awesome stuff Achilles!

Last edited:

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
My game freezes when I press down on the DPAD at stage selection screen to try get alternate stages. I'm running this on dolphin. Does anyone know why?
You have to press it on the character select screen, then hit start.

Last edited:

SuperUltraDX

Smash Rookie

I kind of sort of don't have any idea what to do. Is this happening to ANYONE else/is there a known fix?
It could be your SD card. I'm forced to use my USB hard drive because everything loaded ridiculously slowly when I used my SD card. Seriously, slow is an understatement. I was curious, so I walked away from the Wii for 20min while a stage was loading. It didn't finish loading for another 5 min after that lol.

Earlier in the thread, Achilles posted the SD card he uses.

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
is this possible to have an image like project M for stage striking ?

Cause the whites squares doesnt look that good. ( I dont know if its possible change the image, or if the whites squares are generated by code)

Few more suggestions :

Add others toggles codes in the debug menu, like :

Flash on l cancel
White overlay when shieldstun
Free Camera on pause

I really donno about how many time you needs to convert an gecko code into ASM, how much is it on average ?

Noone have ever asked but is it possible to create more than 4 letters nicknames ?

Is it possible to change the camera in Homerun stage ? it's kinda weird, not like regular stages.

Theses are only suggestions, the 20XX training pack is already awesome :p

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Qual, I've seen someone (Sham Rock I think) do 4+ letter nicknames, but there were some problems with getting it to be centered over you head in the box. It's possible, we'll see if anyone can perfect it.

The homerun stage follows P2 because usually that's the homerun bag. The default camera mode needs to be fixed for this stage.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
2 issues that I've seen:

• d-pad down on character select or stage select freezes the system
  • music is messed up, e.g. onett music on FD, brinstar on battlefield, battlefield on PS, jungle japes on dreamland, etc.
other than that, it's great :D

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
The boot to character select screen seems to be a bit bugged. All the tournament legal stages are not automatically setup. My guess is because "Random Stage Select" isn't actually unlocked until you go back to the Game's splash screen. Also, is there a way we can only include certain parts of the hack in our .iso? For example, I'd like to remove the "boot to character select screen" hack.

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
Qual, I've seen someone (Sham Rock I think) do 4+ letter nicknames.......
That wasn´t me.

is this possible to have an image like project M for stage striking ?
Cause the whites squares doesnt look that good. ( I dont know if its possible change the image, or if the whites squares are generated by code)
When using it as a gecko code, it´s white squares only. In a dol mod it can be any solid color ,but not a special icon sorry. Gonna release more intel on the stage striking code next week.

hariooo

Smash Apprentice
can you run these codes on dolphin on a raw 1.02 iso without having to rebuild it?

Endeby

Smash Cadet
NNID
Endeby
Are there plans for a PAL release? Not that it matter that much, I will make use of this anyway.

Thanks a lot!

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
thanks for everyone's motivated efforts at bring this about!

for those wondering, until toggles are added for other codes, you can still use cheat codes from txt/gct files like flash on l-cancel with this mod. i took the text file of cheats from the previous version and removed any that became obsolete with hack pack 2 and posted it on a google doc. i haven't tried a lot of the codes, but i can confirm that flash on l-cancel works when i use it with dios mios and nintendont. feel free to update the google doc with different codes you may want. then all you need to do is Download as Plain Text (.txt) from google drive and put it wherever your loader needs it. something to note is that if you enable Turn White During Shield Stun, the P2 action codes won't work. the cpu will just stand there doing nothing.

also, would there be a way to remove conflicts between the toggles in this pack and the toggle that are enabled when you set dblevel to develop in the debug mode? not a very high priority concern, but if it is done, it would get rid of a minor nuisance. also, if you l-r-a quit when in develop mode and p2 action codes toggled on, you get stuck on the results screen since p2 can't press a or start to get past the results screen.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 can you explain the differences between your random di code and stratocastor's? honestly, i thought stratocastor's worked great for practicing tech-chasing. the one built into the hack pack seems less random and not as effective. when i enable stratocaster's over top of the hack pack one, i feel it gets better, but still not as random and effective as just stratocaster's. i've only messed around with it for a little bit, so maybe it's all in my head, since i haven't gotten a long sample of everything, but if you can confirm or deny if there are differences, that would be great!

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
yeah sorry, im not that good in english.

What i mean, is : instead of referring to a file to draw it over stages icons, is it possible to hardcode every pixel of an icon in the memory and then draw it ?
Icons are copied from the file into the ram byte by byte when the load up the SSS, you can theoretically change them however you want from there.

Last edited:

crush

Smash Master
is there any way of playing this hack in 480p? i tried running the iso off of SD, USB, and DVD-R and the game lags/slows down if i run it in 480p

edit: you have to use the built in 480p setting for backups, but its possible to run 480p by holding B at the nintendo logo when booting up the game. cant do this though cause it boots straight to CSS. this means for all the people using evo monitor its gonna lag more cause it has to do more processing to 480i than 480p.

Last edited:

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Icons are copied from the file into the ram byte by byte when the load up the SSS, you can theoretically change them however you want from there.
So maybe it's a workaround to draw custom icon instead of the white square ?

I really dont know all of that stuff work :/

Foxdyfx

Smash Rookie
thanks for everyone's motivated efforts at bring this about!

for those wondering, until toggles are added for other codes, you can still use cheat codes from txt/gct files like flash on l-cancel with this mod. i took the text file of cheats from the previous version and removed any that became obsolete with hack pack 2 and posted it on a google doc. i haven't tried a lot of the codes, but i can confirm that flash on l-cancel works when i use it with dios mios and nintendont. feel free to update the google doc with different codes you may want. then all you need to do is Download as Plain Text (.txt) from google drive and put it wherever your loader needs it. something to note is that if you enable Turn White During Shield Stun, the P2 action codes won't work. the cpu will just stand there doing nothing.

also, would there be a way to remove conflicts between the toggles in this pack and the toggle that are enabled when you set dblevel to develop in the debug mode? not a very high priority concern, but if it is done, it would get rid of a minor nuisance. also, if you l-r-a quit when in develop mode and p2 action codes toggled on, you get stuck on the results screen since p2 can't press a or start to get past the results screen.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 can you explain the differences between your random di code and stratocastor's? honestly, i thought stratocastor's worked great for practicing tech-chasing. the one built into the hack pack seems less random and not as effective. when i enable stratocaster's over top of the hack pack one, i feel it gets better, but still not as random and effective as just stratocaster's. i've only messed around with it for a little bit, so maybe it's all in my head, since i haven't gotten a long sample of everything, but if you can confirm or deny if there are differences, that would be great!
you should remove peoples ability to edit it

Sham Rock

Smash Apprentice
So maybe it's a workaround to draw custom icon instead of the white square ?

I really dont know all of that stuff work :/
Sorry, doesn´t work that way.
I tried to incorporate a custom icon fist, but there was no easy and clean solution for that.
The icon is actually never changed, the code just changes the settings how the icon is going to be displayed.

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
So you dont change anything for each icones but only draw them on the screen with differents settings ?

if you had x value to each bytes, would it be possible to blend them in a color ? It would be the same icon, but displayed with differents settings ?

(e.g :all striked stages are blended in red)

Sorry if i dont know how it works, i just think this is very interesting :yoshimelee:

D

Deleted member

It could be your SD card. I'm forced to use my USB hard drive because everything loaded ridiculously slowly when I used my SD card. Seriously, slow is an understatement. I was curious, so I walked away from the Wii for 20min while a stage was loading. It didn't finish loading for another 5 min after that lol.

Earlier in the thread, Achilles posted the SD card he uses.
I actually left my wii on over night to see if several hours of loading would load it, nope.

Alright so I went ahead and tried CFG loader (cause thats how I have to load pm) and I loaded the iso from my flash drive instead of my sd card... STILL the same result. Also I think I've already said this but my iso works when I load it on dolphin, so I'm starting to get really mad

Last edited by a moderator:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
you should remove peoples ability to edit it
why remove edit ability? i think that kinda defeats the purpose of putting it as a google doc rather than just uploading the txt file somewhere.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I have a 1.01 disc, what do?
Get 1.02

I am having trouble playing this on DIOS MIOS =( I have alternately had it freeze in Wiiflow when selecting it, freeze in Wiiflow when launching it, freeze in DIOS MIOS when launching (Green Screen), and freeze in DIOS MIOS with the message "area! al error app_entry is not within the apploader."

I have tried it with and without "installing it" via DMtoolbox. I have enabled and disabled NMM and No Disc patch. Other games continue to work properly on the same thumb drive, and the 20XX iso works correctly in Dolphin.

I believe I have DIOS MIOS 2.10 but it could be 2.08

Any tips?

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet

I kind of sort of don't have any idea what to do. Is this happening to ANYONE else/is there a known fix?
Yes, this is happening to me as well, but curiously only when I use D-pad up to force load to character select for a solo match (regardless of time setting, though it loads for stock matches and immediately ends as it should). I can use this code to start regular, legal matches just fine, as well as a match with multiple people (myself and a P2 CPU on the same team, for example).

I don't know how to fix this unfortunately, but as solo practice without name entry glitch was one of my major motivations to get this pack, hopefully based achilles or some other knowledgeable person can figure it out soon ^^

Also this pack is amazinggggg tytyty achilles. Tested everything and almost all but that one case of boot to character select worked. Aside from this, another weird thing I encountered was having the collision bubbles not work on the alternate falcon costume (first toggle did nothing, second made him invisible....but when I just tried testing this again, they worked fine, so it's probably not a big deal?).

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is intentional and the way it was coded, but stage striking doesn't update the random stage select list. For example, if I strike all stages but Rainbow Cruise, some random legal stage will still come up instead, and if I strike to only legal stages, then strike all of them but Yoshi's and BF, it'll still randomly select one of them if I press start rather than go only to Yoshi's or BF. Not sure if this is known and just the only way to implement stage striking, to have to manually select the stage out of the remaining ones, but if it were possible, it'd be neat to be able to have the random stage selection be dependent on the stage striking (maybe including the non-default tourney stages too, so that striking all but some weird stages would still just make random select choose between those?). The last thing in terms of feedback that I'd have would be to second a request to try and find a way to make the codes lockable, for purposes of playing serious/tourney matches, and also since this may make it possible as well to solve the issue with debug mode conflicts (i.e. lock the 20XX codes to be able to input what would normally be a conflicting code in debug mode, then maybe turn them back on to do stuff in debug mode, if that's even possible).

Last edited:

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I fixed my issue. If anyone else has a similar problem, confirm you have a working 20xx iso in Dolphin, then install it to your storage device with DMtoolbox. It may be something as simple as having the file titled "game.iso" instead of something else, but I'm not sure.

I'm still super excited. Thank you so much for your hard work, Achilles, and let me know if you'd like any help.

theproject2212

Smash Rookie
Great hack pack! I am running it off of my wii using Dios Mios Lite

some feedback:
L R Dpad Up doesnt work for most characters or is atleast glitchy
L R Dpad Down freezes the game pretty often for me
Dpad Down for alt stage freezes the game
random stage doesnt work unless you go back to the opening screen
no results screen after the match

Wishlist:
flash on lcancel
white during shield stun

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the 1.02 DOL mods for flash on L-cancel and shield turns white during stun? I want to add them to my training ISO since this pack doesn't have them.

ιota [UPSB]

Smash Cadet
I had some issues like that, but it was because i had some netplay code enabled.
hm, thing is that I have no ocarina codes or w/e on my SD card, just the patched iso, and I'm booting on my wii using the same SD card achilles has except 32 GB, via DML + Dios Mios Booter (had issues getting it to work with wiiflow, so I haven't tried a different booter, but I don't get how that would affect it if most of the things work, just not this one code .-. )

D

Deleted member

Alright so I went ahead and tested some things. My Issue is I can't get the game to load ANY stages.

I tried loading through my SD Card
I tried loading through my flash drive (dios mios, not dios mios lite)
I changed from my 2.1 dios mios build to a 2.6 dios mios build, no dice
I got an ISO that was tested and works on another wii
I let the game even sit over night to see if it will EVENTUALLY load the stage
I tried crying
Also one of my friends on facebook messaged me saying they got the same thing.

Things to note:
The ISO I've been trying to use loads through dolphin fine
I used the old 20XX pack with diosmios on my sd card just fine (Yknow, where I put in the codes instead of a .dol injection)
I've also cried. A lot.

Unless I can come up with any other answers, I give up. Rip 20xx melee (for me)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I made an infographic with all new codes :

i've sent you the .psd if you want to do further modifications.
This is great!! Love the overall design. Did you make the buttons yourself? The background is sick as well.
suggestion/request!
  • Salty Runback modification: Rapid-Fire Friendlies
    • wherein holding A+Y (or whatever) as the match is ending will automatically select the same characters, but a random stage?
i think this is a pretty frequent scenario for a lot of folks when playing against just one other person. most definitely for me, anyway.

thanks so much!
If I can change the stage selection mode on the fly, then yes. It was a modification of the Skip Results Screen that Sham Rock made. I did have one issue with the game freezing, but it would be worth testing again. A Debug Menu toggle would be good as well....
Thank you for this.
Is there a way of implementing thedashdance game and flash on mised L Cancel?
Yes, I could. I'll think about adding it. I did really like that minigame and could add much more now.
Qual, I've seen someone (Sham Rock I think) do 4+ letter nicknames, but there were some problems with getting it to be centered over you head in the box. It's possible, we'll see if anyone can perfect it.

The homerun stage follows P2 because usually that's the homerun bag. The default camera mode needs to be fixed for this stage.
Name Tag Info.

I've never looked into camera modes for specific stages.

Last edited:
Top Bottom