• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2010 DK Tournament Results thread - (New update - 3/3/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Oh, you didn't mention he was DDD before. Small step might as well be an infinite, it's just as bad and puts you closer to the death barrier. B-R-O-K-E-N

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Once in teams losers finals we all went random for the first match. I got MK, DUB got falco. The other team got fox and pit. lulz.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
2nd/13 at ventura weekly 7

I can't give the full results because I didn't run the bracket this time, but I do have this.

Defeated Dragulze (Marth
Defeated RichBrown (Olimar)
Defeated JunkintheTrunk (Marth)
Defeated Typh (PT) - Winners Finals

Grand Finals
Lost to DSF (wario)
Lost to DSF (wario)

It was a pretty fun tournament, Typh pulled off a huge upset over DSF and almost beat him in losers finals (he went up 2-0, but then DSF started gimping his ivysaur and came back). I think I'm going to start doing a lot better in tournament, got rid of a few nasty habits and started reading people a lot better today.

going to backyard brawl tomorrow, I'll post my results when I get back.

ook

Smash Lord
Niiice :bigthumbu GL

I've got a small tourney tomorrow (it's in a chicken coop... that should give an idea of how big it is) but I'll see how it goes and post it

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
oh crap I forgot to record them

you guys get to miss out on my crazy DI (DI'd squirtles dthrow into a platform tech on PS1 at like 170, got me the last kill since he switched to ivysaur right afterwards, survived a wario waft at 140 on japes, and other moments of just retardedly high stock lengths, also, SDI'd out of charizards usmash for a free punch like 3 times)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
5th of 23 in Brawl Doubles, 3rd of 5 in Brawl Singles Pools, 17th of 32 in Brawl Singles Amateur Bracket, 25th of 32 in Brawl Singles Pro Bracket, 5th of 8 in TIE BREAKER at SCSA West Coast Circuit #3 - March 28th

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5204

13th of 29 in Doubles, 17th of 97 in Singles at Quiznos Presents Brawl IX - March 29th

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4928

Went all DK in both tourneys.

Dont know if this still gets updated but i thought id still post it here just in case. Glad to be back after an extended leave.

ook

Smash Lord
Yup it still gets updated, welcome back Jmex :dk:

3 of 16 at Chicken Coop Smash - 4/4/09
Didn't do as good as I hoped (I lost to a guy I normally beat) :( but oh well

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
going to TX's WHOBO. expected to have like 300 entrants.
My DK has been on fire...hopefully i dont get gayed!!WISH ME LUCK :O.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ LMAO

Also West Coast plays gay so be ready to be gayed.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Tell Him to post on this Grey.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
818 biweekly 4-5ish

1. Larry (Falco)
2. Bardulll (Marth/ddd)
3. HugS (ROB)
4. JONT (Snake/DDD)
5. Bigfoot (DK)
5. Jmex (DK)
7. UnknownForce (MK)
7. Rej (MK)

honorable mention 9. Big O (DK) A.K.A. the black guy

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I think his tag was PIGRO. It sucks I had to go against Jmex in losers. Charging Fsmash onstage vs DK = bad idea. Crews at the end were pretty fun too. It would have been an amazing comeback if I didn't mess up the ledge punch.

Big O 9th in singles at 818 biweekly 4, 13th out of 30 at UCLA 7 doubles, 49th out of 69 in UCLA 7 singles. I went to EVO but suicided at the end of pools.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I forgot the guys name also, the ness guy. But yea, he was pretty **** hard to hit. I didnt know Nesses forward air was so good. So also deceptively fast.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
LMAO, not to be cocky or anything, but thats how i play DK, i go for the crazy **** and it works.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
C4 galore

1. Ally (Marth/Snake)
2. Anther (Pikachu)
3. Judge! (Metaknight)
4. Capem (Metaknight)
5. Alphazealot (Diddy)
5. Xisin (Marth)
7. Omniswell (Ice Climbers/Wolf)
7. Shugo (Sonic)
9. Samurai Panda (Snake)
9. ook (DK)
9. Bowyer (Metaknight)
9. hateoni
13. Renegade (Snake/Ike)
13. Toph
13. Overswarm (Metaknight)
13. Ripple (DK)

I would have done better if I didn't have to play AZ in losers. AND I lost to NOJ which is dumb because he dropped out of the tournament right after that

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
how'd the teams go?

fantastic, we should team again ook. I guarantee we were one of the best teams there.

we made it to 5th round od of doubles. IDK how mant teams there were but we lost the round before quarterfinals to anther and samurai panda. and lost to Noj and judge the first round just barely

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whobo results: 140 people
1st: m2k aka mk
2nd: dojo mk
3rd: dsf: mk, snake, ddd
4th: lee: lucario
etc

33rd: Cyphus...bleh

i did alot worse than i think i deserved. In pools, i got 2nd seed to UltimateRazor (although i did go 1-1 with him.
brackets got made and my first oponent was Ozz, a good falco player. Our matches went pretty much as expected: laser camp, chainthrows to spike vs my DK. He won the first fight, i won the 2nd (CP'ed Yoshis), then he won the 3rd.
Then i fought someone, i forget, won...then i fought Error. He barely beat me with Ice the first match (we were both over 100% and he only had popo left- caught me with a f.smash while i was behind him, lol. I won 2nd fight, then he ***** me with Olimar.
I have alot of 'anti-olimar' tricks w/ DK, but regardless...i felt there was nothing i could do. I can't hit Oli with rising B.airs, cuz he's short, yet if i try to even space them on a fastfall, i get shieldgrabbed, i try to space with downB, but i still get pikmin'ed, which sucks cuz DK can't get them off easily. UpB approach is only good a few times, afterward it just got predictable and punished. I ran out of ideas. ironically i had lost a MM to him prior to our tourney set, so that was pretty coincidental and discouraging. :/

I did amazing in friendlies, went 1-1 with infinity, went 50/50 with KosMos's Peach (we played like 8 games), went like 50/50 w/ Hylian's GW.
i could have gotten so much further if i had almost any other bracket.

ook

Smash Lord
C4 galore

1. Ally (Marth/Snake)
2. Anther (Pikachu)
3. Judge! (Metaknight)
4. Capem (Metaknight)
5. Alphazealot (Diddy)
5. Xisin (Marth)
7. Omniswell (Ice Climbers/Wolf)
7. Shugo (Sonic)
9. Samurai Panda (Snake)
9. ook (DK)
9. Bowyer (Metaknight)
9. hateoni
13. Renegade (Snake/Ike)
13. Toph
13. Overswarm (Metaknight)
13. Ripple (DK)
Ya DK team was ****. Lots of vids too

We got 7th... out of 37 teams. Not bad... but prolly coulda been better :dk2:

I dunno what to do against Ice Climbers in singles... they ***** me. (especially on japes... I didn't realize they could kill you by hitting you with an ice block in the water. :embarrass)

Sonic too, lol. I lost to shugo's sonic 2nd round :dizzy:

it sucks getting knocked out early... I feel ya cyphus, lol.

then I MMd an olimar too... there was nothing I could do about the pivot grab either. Down-b takes too long, up-b gets pivot grabbed, and nothing else has enough range.... :ohwell:

oh well, enough johns for now. post updated

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
First tournie in ages

Sydney Can't Beat Novacastria- 12th April

Singles: 5th out of 20
Doubles: 2nd out of 10

got some more but they were earlier in the year (also late last year)

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
^ That would be great

I used to love the matchup too... then I played good olimars :p
I've been playing good olimars, backed up by results and the fact that the one I play the most is ranked 14th in socal. anyone in the top 15 is pretty much an amazing player too.

videos will be up eventually, along with the video of me and my olimar doubles partner taking two stocks off a metaknight in doubles in under 23 seconds

F_T_S

Smash Journeyman
From some time ago but ill report them anyway

Dont Come - 5th-7th of December 2008

Doubles: 5th out of 23
4v4 Crews: (if u really care) 2nd out of 11

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so ook, want to team for the next MWC:W event? I think we could win it, since no one from east is going

Count

Smash Champion
ripple/ook: when are the teams vids gonna be up! I was the diddy teaming with the lucario that always had to go 2v1 cause my buddy hasn't played a ton of smash. I was mounting a comeback when ripple ended it abruptly with an epic spike! Sorry to stalk you in here I just want to watch some vids of myself I feel like few were recorded..ripple our mm wasn't recorded was it?!

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
by the way olimar and dk are now officially the greatest team in the history of epic ****. I'll have videos up after this saturday (if the tournament has a recording setup)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ripple/ook: when are the teams vids gonna be up! I was the diddy teaming with the lucario that always had to go 2v1 cause my buddy hasn't played a ton of smash. I was mounting a comeback when ripple ended it abruptly with an epic spike! Sorry to stalk you in here I just want to watch some vids of myself I feel like few were recorded..ripple our mm wasn't recorded was it?!
they should be up tonight sometime on my account (roanoke884)

what round did we play you guys? second round or 3rd?

and we were trying to get a double punch off in the 2v1 and you know it.

Count

Smash Champion
they should be up tonight sometime on my account (roanoke884)

what round did we play you guys? second round or 3rd?

and we were trying to get a double punch off in the 2v1 and you know it.
First round you were..you guys had me in a grab lock thing..second round I had your stinky ape butts both on the ropes and then you spiked me.

You guys played us in the first round..we went 0-2 in doubles I played with my buddy from home who the only 'good' person he has ever played before is me so he really didn't know how to handle two excellent DKs such as yourself and ook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom