• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I don't think Mewtwo is the worst character in the game. A pro level Mewtwo can compete with the best - I point to Taj's Mewtwo defeating King's Jigglypuff in NCT2. I don't think the likes of a pro Bowser, Pichu, and Kirby can achieve anything of the same calibre.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
^ ignore that post

I don't think Mewtwo is the worst character in the game. A pro level Mewtwo can compete with the best - I point to Taj's Mewtwo defeating King's Jigglypuff in NCT2. I don't think the likes of a pro Bowser, Pichu, and Kirby can achieve anything of the same calibre.
Yea, but isn't it just Taj's Mew2 who can do that? I mean, we have to consider the majority.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Check TAj's 1v1 vids i posted of him playing forward, it will further chaotics point which I agree with completely, as far as your point that hes the only good mewtwo.. the only god level pichu is chu, so its basically the same.. and ... Taj has vids on youtube where i'm pretty sure he beats gimpyfish who if i'm not mistaken the best or close to the best bowser right? I don't think mewtwo deserves lowest char either from knowing taj IRL and seeing him play in many matches even if he is the only good mewtwo player. I was also at NCt 2 and saw him play under pressure against kings jiggs which is amazing and 3 stock him in the 2nd round. I think it should at least be considered more than it is, and i'm pretty sure a few other peopl ecan play a decent m2, mow?

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
You can't base the strength of a character off of the best player with that character. Gimpy has a good Bowser, Neo has a really good Roy, etc. That doesn't make them good characters. If you look up vids of the best player with any character you will think that character deserves top tier, or at least high. But the tier list reflects how good the characers are when compared without player skill involved. If two equally skilled players faced each other, so that the outcome was solely determined by the characters they choose, who would win.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
My biggest problem with Mewtwo is why he's bad. Its kind of sad that he isn't very good since he is such a cool character. But anyway he had better be good in Brawl. What I have always seen as his problem(and if you disagree then please tell me your thoughts) is that he is basically a bad character with good moves. To people who play other fighting games that may seem like an odd concept, but in Smash there are so many other factors and Mewtwo is bad at all of them. He has bad weight, fall speed, size, etc. He has a good movelist though(in my opinion of course). I just wish he where good enough to make use of it.

Rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree no mo spams...
no more spams for me then.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
these list are just fuel for arguements, zelda pwnz all
end of story...
Well I agree with you on the lists being fueled for arguments, yet the whole Zelda thing I must disagree, now if you would have said Sheik I could maybe see where your going with it but Zelda? Please explain:ohwell:

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I mained Mario for quite a while and I believe he is at about the right place on the tier list. He definatley deserves middle tier, though maybe a little lower in it. I would put him as the lowest ranked in mid tier, because Ganon being there just seems wrong. Mario basically has trouble finishing the job. He has a ton of combo starter, and even more combo filler. He is a combo machine, plus he has a projectile, not a good one but at least its there. The obvious problem though is that he can't get KO's. He just builds up all that damage and can't do anything with it. He is almost entirely realiant on edge-guarding for kills, thankfully he is good at that. One of his other problems though is his terrible range. He has pathetic range on his normal attacks, and his grab range is just depressing, especially considering how much he relies on his great combo starting grabs.

So pretty much Mario gets locked into a war of attrition. For him to KO he needs to do more damage than the opponent does to him. Other characters can KO opponents at lower percents so they don't need to stick in for the long haul like Mario does. His range makes this an even bigger problem, since your opponent will often have more opportunities to hit you than you do to hit them.

But still he isn't all bad. The cape makes him above average by itself, and once you implement things like SHABAWD into your game, and learn to edgeguard well, he can become quite good. Still though his weaknesses are pretty big, and I couldn't see him moving any higher in the tiers.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Metal Reaper said:
that tier list looks like the popularity contest between the characters...think about it.. Link lower tier? year right...
Link is fine where he is. If you are saying that the tier list is just popularity contest, stop posting here. Seriously, people will start making gigantic persuasive posts that will drown your shallow, horribly bad grammar ridden posts.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
Don't mind him Lucky Sharmz. Looking at his posts, you can see that he's just another Roy fan boy.
FIRE FTW?

Zenith

Smash Ace
I'm a Roy fanbody too you know.

Roy is to Marth as Falco is to Fox.
One is good, but the other is better.

Like Falco, Roy is more of the offensive and not so much defensive as Marth.
Roy players are constantly in motion. Much like Falco players. Roy is a better fighter than Marth, but Marth is better due to his ability to tip and his jump which has more air time. This allows you to distance yourself from the enemy and attack hard.
Roy needs to stay close, which is dangerous. plus Roy is more of a fast faller.

I am not backing up the posts that say "Roy should be higher". I'm stating why he should, since they aren't man enough to say why.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Cmon, im dying to hear reasons why Mario should be lower and Roy should be higher? Cmon! Throw anything at me and i gurentee you that i will counter it with what i know no matter what.(except Zen)

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
I'm a Roy fanbody too you know.

Roy is to Marth as Falco is to Fox.
One is good, but the other is better.
Falco and Fox are close, Falco>Fox
but..
Marth>>>>>Roy

Roy isn't good; he's barely decent. How can you call a character that has horrible priority, knockback, lacking in decent setups and combos, etc. a good fighter?

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I would agree Roy is too high already. I would place him right above Pichu really. He has almost nothing going for him. I can't even fathom what the developers where thinking when they made him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom