• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Hmm maybe so, but if your close and go for a power slash your still going to get hit my it. As long as your moving you will get it by it. Do you not know how the Rest KO works?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i thought that my near-flawless explanation about the tier list in various posts in this thread would bury all controversy in this thread. *see all posts by g-reg*.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
g-regulate said:
i thought my near-flawless explanation about the tier list in various posts in this thread would bury all controversy in this thread. *see all posts by g-reg*.
I guess we missed it.

Anyways, IC's are also good against Puff. Why?

FreddyP said:
There's ****ing two of them!
What happens if you Rest Nana, but not Popo? Then Popo gets to have some revenge by killing you in your sleep, meaning that he's gonna charge up a F smash or grab you. The IC's are also pretty hard to Rest even when there is two of them.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
What if both were pro's?
Azen and Chillin are both pros.....like I said before, Azen's Pikachu can beat Chillin's Fox.....but Fox is the better character and ***** Pikachu....
Kinnda narrow minded there eh?
You're an idiot
I haven't played a good IC no but I have seen many. I also have seen a pro Puff and the Puff would win.
I'm not convinced that you are an idiot. You may of "seen" a pro Puff but you have never faced one are saw one up close. It seems you've never played a pro/experienced player....videos don't mean much....
Why is it the worse thing to focus on the player. Every character can we can't they. Some have advantages yes but that doesn't mean they are better? They have better match-ups? What? I think you should re-think this my friend.
So.....someone 4 stocking there little sister's Sheik with Link means Link does well on Sheik?

anyways...

Haven't you noticed the lack of Puff players doing well in competitive tournaments...........
lol...and you're from Canada.........(Canada sucks)
yea....don't post in reply to me anymore. I don't really want to take part in your discussion.

I leave you with this quote:

"Your logic is wrong, just because you like or use a character doesn't mean you think he's that good. Maybe you just enjoy using him? Maybe you just have the most experience with him? There are other good explanations besides yours which holds true to many people." - Mew2king

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I find you more ignorant than anything els. I have played a Pro Puff before that would probably put you away with ease. I'm a idiot well that shows your maturity, I've played enough experience players, and for you to say that it shows you like to controdict yourself. Canada Sucks? Well I like America more myself, but why does it suck, lose one to many to Canadian players?

Thats fine I myself find it a waste talking to immature/narrow-minded people such as yourself. So once you learn to stop controdicting yourself, and learn some respect and get to have a open-mind then I suggest you lean away from stating your opinion. Thanks and that is all.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Canada sucks because of the lack of [well known] good players.

The point of a tier list is to determine a character's usefulness. Not how good a player is with a character.

Saying it's narrow minded to compare characters using their attributes and how well they stack up against other characters is like saying it's narrow minded to test every possible option. Since player skill is a variable that cannot be controlled when making a tier list, people use the hard, cold, set in stone statistics. A player may be infinitely good with a low tier. Good for them. It doesn't make the character any better, though. The character is just as good as it was when the developers made the game.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
I find you more ignorant than anything els. I have played a Pro Puff before that would probably put you away with ease.
Who is the Pro Puff player? Last time I checked, there is only one (King) and he lives in America.
Also, I'm pretty sure a Pro anything would probably put me away with ease ROFL. They're called PRO for a reason.
I'm a idiot well that shows your maturity, I've played enough experience players, and for you to say that it shows you like to controdict yourself. Canada Sucks? Well I like America more myself, but why does it suck, lose one to many to Canadian players?
You're really bad at making coherent sentences... but just keep in mind that most American smash players look down on Canada. It's something that's widely accepted; they simply lack good players.
Thats fine I myself find it a waste talking to immature/narrow-minded people such as yourself. So once you learn to stop controdicting yourself, and learn some respect and get to have a open-mind then I suggest you lean away from stating your opinion. Thanks and that is all.
lol, it's funny how serious people take things from random people on the Internet, especially over people who play a video game. It's also funny how you IGNORED everything I said in that one post EXCEPT the line "Canada sucks", kinda shows how sad you are.
That is all.

Canada sucks because of the lack of [well known] good players.

The point of a tier list is to determine a character's usefulness. Not how good a player is with a character.

Saying it's narrow minded to compare characters using their attributes and how well they stack up against other characters is like saying it's narrow minded to test every possible option. Since player skill is a variable that cannot be controlled when making a tier list, people use the hard, cold, set in stone statistics. A player may be infinitely good with a low tier. Good for them. It doesn't make the character any better, though. The character is just as good as it was when the developers made the game.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
Being light is a very bad thing. It's much worse than having no third jump. In fact, Yoshi still has a chance of getting back on the stage because his weight drastically increases during his double jump, making him nearly invincible.

For Pichu, what's the point of having a good recovery if you can't even use it? Pichu's recovery isn't even that good. Pichu's KO percentage is always 60 to 70, and that is a pretty early death percentage.
umm the reverse can be said why is falco heavy enough to live to high percentage if he can't even live because of his recovery?

And if being light is a bad thing why is fox so high, i mean sure he doesn't die at 60-70 (can actually by falco and marth tips maybe lower), so yah.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Who is the Pro Puff player? Last time I checked, there is only one (King) and he lives in America.
Also, I'm pretty sure a Pro anything would probably put me away with ease ROFL. They're called PRO for a reason.

You're really bad at making coherent sentences... but just keep in mind that most American smash players look down on Canada. It's something that's widely accepted; they simply lack good players.

lol, it's funny how serious people take things from random people on the Internet, especially over people who play a video game. It's also funny how you IGNORED everything I said in that one post EXCEPT the line "Canada sucks", kinda shows how sad you are.
That is all.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
There is more better Puff players then you know. That's fine they can look down at Canadian Smashers, I myself find that funny. Seeing how most of them are geeks and act like the're gods. I myself look at the player. I seen lots of American players that are awsome, I also saw lots of Canadian players that would do just as good.And about there being a lack of "good" players I think you have to search harder? I ignored most of your post because its pointless, and narrow-minded. I also thought that you weren't replying to me anymore? Yet again controdiction you're really bad at doing that...

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
There is more better Puff players then you know.
We're talking about PRO Puff players....
I seen lots of American players that are awsome, I also saw lots of Canadian players that would do just as good.
That's funny, how come whenever Canadian players get ***** whenever they come to America?
I ignored most of your post because its pointless, and narrow-minded.
Like leafgreen said, explaining why Puff isn't a top character and why you must look into the character rather than the player isn't narrow-minded. You seriously think that the line where I said "Canada sucks" was less pointless/narrow-minded? That was what you should of ignored...just shows how sad you are.
I also thought that you weren't replying to me anymore? Yet again controdiction you're really bad at doing that...
I told you to stop replying to me....try to read a little harder next time, YEH???
cb Marth further proves my point about Canada.

(Canada sux).
:ohwell: Canada sucks

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
That's funny, how come whenever Canadian players get ***** whenever they come to America?
And you said he sucked at writing coherent sentences?

I don't want to start a fight or anything, but I just want you to realize how immature you yourself are. If you disagree with him, just back off, alright? There's no need to start flaming him and discriminating his nation. Just chill; you guys disagree, you've stated why you disagree, and you could've left it at that.

And cb Marth, I'm sorry that there are elitists at this forum who just like making fun of people like you.

Cort

Apple Head
I'm glad this is my first post in this tainted, smelly topic.

Ness is underrated, but not really that much. *is done contributing*

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
... why don't you just get over CB marth's posts, No one from east coast have seen him in any tournament?

People should learn to reply to the credible posts and ignore the posts coming from people such as cb_marth.

OR you know, you all can just get over my post and continue to argue about nothing important such as a smash tier list with noobs, arrogant noobs, pros and arrogant pros.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
First off this a cruel and immature race war. What do you have against Canada, I think you've seen the South Park movie to many times. "Blame Canada, Blame Canada", good song, bad moral. Grow up.

Other than that it seems like alot of the debate lately has been about weight, and overall defensive ability. It seems to me that in Smash offense is more important than defense. The top tier characters are top because they get easy, early, kills. Fox has crazy combos, can build damage quickly, and has the best vert kills in the game(I think). Falco is the same but with smaller combos, no good vert kills, but a spike to offset that. Marth can get fairly early kills with his spike if used properly, and his tipper fsmash can do the job pretty well too. C. Falcon has the knee, etc. etc. The only character that actually has "good" defense in the top half of the list is Peach. Pretty much the point is if the enemy is dead they can't kill you. A strong offense is better than a strong defense. So some characters can get kills at 70%-80%, but can also be killed at about those same percents. Overall I would consider that a good thing. The only exception is Pichu. He dies early, but can also get early kills with his sweetspotted fsmash. But it just isn't enough to make up for the rest of his problems.

As far as Jiggs goes, he's a hard character to master. I think at the level most gamers are he isn't very good, but once mastered he is great. And you don't have to be Pro to be good, their are plenty of good players that aren't Pro. They aren't as good as the Pro's but still good none-the-less.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Nobody can judge how "PRO"'s are until they play them.
This thread is starting to turn very very dumb.

Back on topic: Tipman alone makes Ganon deserve a higher spot on the tier list (beating chillindude's fox AND marth. gg)

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
You guys are missing the point.

People like cb Marth, who have never even been to a tournament, come into this thread and say stupid ******** things like, why is Pichu so low???

Some characters sux n00bs. Get over it. Every character under Gannon on the list is horrendous(with the exception of maybe Luigi and Link). There's no way around it.

Jiggly puff is fine where she is. She's too light, and for that matter, dies way too soon to make up for her good offense.

So please n00bs, stop coming in here and trying to say low tiers and mid tier characters should be higher(only maybe ICs and possibly C Fal, POSSIBLY).

But Fox should still be under Falco and Shieksies.

(n00b ******s)

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
And you said he sucked at writing coherent sentences?
one sentence, nice job :) and English isn't even my main language
I don't want to start a fight or anything, but I just want you to realize how immature you yourself are. If you disagree with him, just back off, alright?
um, shouldn't he be the one backing off? I told him why he was wrong but he's being arrogant about it....so...why defend him?
And cb Marth, I'm sorry that there are elitists at this forum who just like making fun of people like you.
LOL, I'm not enjoying this. I find it extremely annoying to deal with persistent inexperienced players.
... why don't you just get over CB marth's posts, No one from east coast have seen him in any tournament?

People should learn to reply to the credible posts and ignore the posts coming from people such as cb_marth.

OR you know, you all can just get over my post and continue to argue about nothing important such as a smash tier list with noobs, arrogant noobs, pros and arrogant pros.
<3 :love:
First off this a cruel and immature race war. What do you have against Canada, I think you've seen the South Park movie to many times. "Blame Canada, Blame Canada", good song, bad moral. Grow up.
I don't have anything against Canada (most of my family lives there)...it's simply the fact that they lack experienced players...um.... WE'RE TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO PLAY A VIDEO GAME. Grow up?

so....
Can people stop caring? It's an internet conservation guys.
You guys are missing the point.

People like cb Marth, who have never even been to a tournament, come into this thread and say stupid ******** things like, why is Pichu so low???

Some characters sux n00bs. Get over it. Every character under Gannon on the list is horrendous(with the exception of maybe Luigi and Link). There's no way around it.

Jiggly puff is fine where she is. She's too light, and for that matter, dies way too soon to make up for her good offense.

So please n00bs, stop coming in here and trying to say low tiers and mid tier characters should be higher(only maybe ICs and possibly C Fal, POSSIBLY).

But Fox should still be under Falco and Shieksies.

(n00b ******s)
<3

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Just so you know I wasn't including Jiggs when I said offense is better than defense. I should have added that one to the exceptions list with Pichu. And I also didn't mean to imply that defense meant absolutely nothing, just that it is less important than offense. On a scale of 1 to 10 if a character had a 6 in offense and a 4 in defense it would be better than the other way around. But obviously it does still help to survive for a long time. If defense where completely pointless than Peach would be bottom tier.

Edit: Oops someone posted before I got this one in there. As far as my comments toward the Canada thing , sorry, I assumed you meant it more cruely than you apparently did, and I shouldn't have come after you claiming to be starting a "race war". My bad.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I think Eureka Seven should be higher on the tier list.

highandmightyjoe said:
Just so you know I wasn't including Jiggs when I said offense is better than defense. I should have added that one to the exceptions list with Pichu. And I also didn't mean to imply that defense meant absolutely nothing, just that it is less important than offense. On a scale of 1 to 10 if a character had a 6 in offense and a 4 in defense it would be better than the other way around. But obviously it does still help to survive for a long time. If defense where completely pointless than Peach would be bottom tier.
What if Jiggs plays a Fox? Fox kills Upward. Or what if Jiggs plays a Falcon?One down throw to Fair from Falcon when Jiggs is at 50% and she's dead sideways on any stage but DL(With god DI its like a 70% death). And Marth Kills puff from a tipper at anywhere from 25%-60%.

The only time Jiggs survives past 80% is on DL against like Peach or Maybe Shiek. The only way Jiggs wins matches is by camping a WoP and extremely godlike spacing or gettin a couple lucky rests.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Well maybe we have a different view on what exactly defense is. She has crazy recovery, can projectile spam to avoid confrontation, and has a mean CCC with her downsmash. The only things she really has going for her offensively is really high(bordering on cheap) priority. And even that could be considered a defensive skill, seeing as how if you break it down its really just another way of avoiding hits, with the added bonus of throwing one of your own in there. But, obviously I don't main Peach, so I probably missed something. If you would like to point out exactly what these great offensive tactics of hers are then please go ahead.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
If you would like to point out exactly what these great offensive tactics of hers are then please go ahead.
[14:15] <dope> she sucks **** for coke
[14:15] <Wozzy> she's white
[14:15] <pdk> that's pretty offensive
[14:15] <NJ'zFinest> ROFL
[14:15] <dope> well shes a dirty dirty hooker
[14:16] <dope> who doesnt even get paid
[14:16] <dope> she just ****s
[14:16] <dope> cause she can
[14:16] <pdk> bowser can attest to this
[14:16] <Wozzy> she has a big ***
[14:16] <Wozzy> but thats probably not offensive
[14:16] <dope> her vag is as wide as a skillet
[14:16] <dope> that i cook eggs on
[14:16] <pdk> peach is such a mad nympho, you ever wonder why she keeps toad at hand?
[14:16] <mog877> shes a brickhourse
[14:16] <mog877> shes mighty mighty
[14:16] <dope> jus lettin it alll lhang outttt
[14:16] <dope> i think
I think it's best to take the opinion from a highly competitive player such as Dope.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
peach is a jerk and i hate her

Pete, Jigglypuff doesnt die THAT easily. Yeah, on certain stages ie FD and YS, she gets owned by usmash. I dunno, Fox is probably her hardest matchup because of her weight, but i think she has a fine sideways recovery, making her pretty good vs falco. Fighting fox with jiggly is pretty ridiculous though.

But jigglypuff can hold her own vs almost every other character, incl. marth. It's not impossible to land rests on marth okay D; ducking *****!!

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Wow where to began? I mean a full page of nothing. I mean I could careless if you like Canada or hate it. I mean I'm not the one that is sitting on here fighting over something so stupid;). I mean you guys are still going on about this LOL.Get over it losers. People disagree it's nature. Yet you still have to go on and on about it. Listen I could careless what you have to say. As far as I see it you haveing nothing on me in any which way or forum. You may feel proud of what your saying over "A Fourm" I must add. wow your cool. I mean what is the point of me continuing this convo when there's what 4 of you agenst me. I had one person that had some sense. I mean I got a rep saying Children shouldn't talk to adults online LOL. Wow well your right..I mean How old are most of you 20-21? I think you guys need to meet a girl and move out of you moms basement don't you think? It's a game, a fun game at that but you guys make it out like a pro sport lol. Chill out..I have never once said I knew more then anyone I just said my opnion which I think is free yes I do beilieve it is. I also believe thats what a forum is for. Is saying your opinions. Now do you have to agree no, I could careless but do you have to go on like a 8 year old until you get your way? Grow up.**** I have nothing agenst American's I think there the nicest people to meet, But atlest we don't take games to heart and go on like 8 year olds.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
If you didn't care you wouldn't take the time to post your thoughts.

(****** n00b).

Edit: and Jiggs only true counter is Pikachu. Fox is not her hardest matchup. It's like 2nd or 3rd, right after Shiek.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
cb_marth you sure as hell are posting a lot for someone who 'doesn't care'.
bringing up someone's age as an argument, further complimenting it with saying 'get a girl' is basically the argument of a desperate man.

yeah, pikachu is ridiculous for jiggs -_- depends on who the jiggs player is though, i remember i asked King who his easiest matchups were and he said falcon marth and sheik i think
and i asked killaor and hes like i hate falcon!!!!

thats why smash is awesome, because you can have 2 people be great with the same character but have completely different playstyles B]

cb_marth

Smash Ace
And you would know this how? I don't care yet if this is going to continue on then why not? I mean it doesn't bother me. (****** noob) Wow that shows your maturity and respect. I sure hope you arn't like this normally, yet why not most cowards say things like this. I am no noob I can tell you that. Yet there is no point for me to get into that seeing how that is irrelevant to anything.

Desperate? No just pointing out the obvious;) thanks for the concern though.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
OMG Wak isn't even this bad.

Wak please come in here and show us Canada doesn't suck THIS bad.

Oh and cb Marth what is the square root of 574330 divides by 64633 times 48585 square by 2 tangent 7 and times A+B divided by 2 with the quotient divided and spaced by integers of 2 and 5? Exactly, shut up, n00b.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Wow you can do math which I'm sure know the answer. Sorry Math isn't my special yet I hope you feel happy about yourself..noob.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
And you would know this how?
The 2006 Tier list 10-30-2006 02:38 PM because you know anything about me right?
Your principal argument seems to be ''you know nothing.''

that was the principal argument of the thinker ''démocrite'' (I think), he said we all knew nothing.

but man, we're on smashboards, stop being a stupid thinker and tell us WHY you think that.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Yet again you show ignorance and immaturity, man grow up.

Wak I think I have told my opinion on Puff. It wasn't a very hard concept. Someone at your level should get it pretty quick.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
n00b ******s
I wish i was as cool as you.

I came back into this thread expecting a nice discussion about the tier list, but find some guy spouting off about why his e-peen is so huge.

I guess this is smash boards..

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Desperate? No just pointing out the obvious;) thanks for the concern though.
Yes because you most certainly know if StripesorBars or myself are currently in relationships or have "gotten some". You're an idiot. Please don't bring up stuff that is mere personal attacks. Like I said, the sign of a desperate man losing his faith in his side of the argument.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I wish i was as cool as you.

I came back into this thread expecting a nice discussion about the tier list, but find some guy spouting off about why his e-peen is so huge.

I guess this is smash boards..
LOL you said e-peen.

I love n00bs. MmmMMmmMm...

Ok so sb Marth will shut up(or die), I think Marth is broken.

Sighrax said:
Yes because you most certainly know if StripesorBars or myself are currently in relationships or have "gotten some". You're an idiot. Please don't bring up stuff that is mere personal attacks. Like I said, the sign of a desperate man losing his faith in his side of the argument.
::pukes:: LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Ha you sound like me. No it's not a personal attack at all. It's actully pretty simple, I can probably garentee most of you haven't seen a giri in awhile. And like I said I'm not desperate, do you think I would start useing something like that? Not counting why would I be loseing? It's just a matter of opinion's being shared isn't it?
LOL you said e-peen.

Ok so sb Marth will shut up(or die), I think Marth is broken.
cb* thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom