• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Link should at least be middle tier, and I don't at all believe that Peach is that high up. She's ridiculously slow, and isn't that hard to knock off. You spike her or knock her into oblivion and she's done, and her Toad 'parry' is not that good.
True about her toad shield, but she's not a useless character. She's not slow like Ganon or Bowser, but she isn't that strong either. The fact that she had powerfull C-button moves makes her a rival character. And that's the thing, you have to actually knock her off instead of making her fall off a cliff. Her aerial ability makes it difficult to knock her out. So yeah, Peach deserves to be up there.

woody72691

Smash Ace
yes link should be a middle tier but the problem is his speed which u should need and peach should remain a high tier

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
actually peach's toad counter is easily one of the best moves in the game, even if she is slow you can use the toad to block ANY attack thrown at you! I agree that Fox is really fast and that he has long reach like Rockin said with his special moves but if you use mindgames you can make these fox players run into the Toad and then you can go in there and punish with your downsmash, if they hold down, downsmash will do like 70 percent... peach is too good!

Aiser

Smash Lord
Peach has broken priorty and is just yeah wth why wouldn't she be high? shes good. lol

REØ

Smash Lord
Yea I hope brawl won't need a tier list so all the characters can be equally close as possible.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
My god, I can't believe this topic almost died.

Anyways, I think Mewtwo should be above Pichu. I know about his complete trash stats, but atleast he has a killer and a few combos unlike Pichu.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know that Pichu can kill most of the characters at around 60% with a Fsmash right?

REØ

Smash Lord
Pichu can also combo well and has a strong up smash(6th best in the game). Pichu has great recovery, speed, he's a small target so it's a littel difficult to hit him, but what pichu lacks a LOT is his range.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Pichu can also combo well and has a strong up smash(6th best in the game). Pichu has great recovery, speed, he's a small target so it's a littel difficult to hit him, but what pichu lacks a LOT is his range.
Yeah, that's exactly what Pichu is lacking. Good job, because I always thought it was moves that don't do damage to itself and not being light/floaty enough to get killed at 75% by half the smashes in the game.

Diddy Kong: Pichu's Fsmash is really powerful but it's also REALLY laggy.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Yes it is true according to many of the Mario users(including me except im not good at all). Pichu's F smash can be DIed out of, meaning you won't even be hit by the strong part. That reduces Pichu to having nearly no KO moves.

Marth05 said:

Whats the point in having a great recovery if you are gonna die in less than 60-65%? Just because he is a small target, doesn't mean he can't be combo'd easily. I know that Mario, Doc, CF, and Gannondorf because of easy U air and Knee combos.

REØ

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's exactly what Pichu is lacking. Good job, because I always thought it was moves that don't do damage to itself and not being light/floaty enough to get killed at 75% by half the smashes in the game.
Didn't feel like posting an accurate list of everything on pichu, but here is a list off the top of my head:

Pichu

Cons
*-Lightest character in the game/Gets KO'd easily
-Some moves inflict damage upon use to pichu
-Forward smash can be easily DI'd out of(not exactly a con but just felt like posting it)
-Really bad range
-Lack of priority in most moves

Pros
*-Lightest character in the game/somewhat difficult to combo and can escape combos fast
-Fast
-Small target
-Incredibly strong Up smash and Forward smash
-Good recovery
-Good Roll

REØ

Smash Lord
I thought we were arguing on the debate of pichu vs. mewtwo for 2nd to-last on the tier list. This isn't just pichu vs. mario, doc, ganon, and falcon. Also just because those 4 specific characters can combo pichu well with up air and falcons knee does not mean pichu loses his ability to be comboed less than others.

Edit: Also anyone wnat to back up mewtwo on why he should be above pichu on the tier list with solid facts?

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Mewtwo's attacks have more range, he doesn't hurt himself, he has a safer recovery and isn't as light as Pichu, Mewtwo can sort of U air combo Pichu (pretty hard though), and all parts of Mewtwo's F smash can knock Pichu back pretty far.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
For mew2 to get a kill he has to get a grab or somehow land a smash attack or fair. Against Fox Falco Peach Marth and especially Shiek, this is impossible.

Pichu has a way easier time against those 5, that's y he is higher than mew2.

Kirby should be bottom bottom. He's horrendous. No kill moves, no good grabs, he's light, has an OK recovery, and a crappy projectile, plus he can't combo.

Samochan

Smash Master
Kirby should be bottom bottom. He's horrendous. No kill moves, no good grabs, he's light, has an OK recovery, and a crappy projectile, plus he can't combo.
Kirby does have a decent amount of kill moves, namely bair, uair and dair, but with proper mindgames his fsmash, dsmash and usmash do have some decent KO'ing ability. Bthrow sets up nicely for edgeguarding, also breaking out of it and not reacting fast enough results in a bair in da face. Dthrow leads into techchase and in many cases, another free grab. Pal version fixed the lightness problem pretty well imo, NTSC is just broken version. :/ Cutter is actually pretty good for edgeguard and suprising people on above platforms, then sending them away, but should not be listed as a projectile anyway. And you should definitely watch the german smash vid for some kirby comboes if you think he lacks the combo abilities. ;D With Kirby being a small target and dodgy as he is, he's tough to fight against when he dodges all of the attacks. I did as well with my peach as I did with my kirby vs the most technical player's sheik here on finland and I did have easier time with my kirby than with my peach, purely because kirby is a tough character a fight against without any experience in the matchup. And no, he isn't a noob or anything, he's one of the best players on finland and was also once called the most technical fox in the whole europe. :/

And something kirby has over other characters, da kirbycide!!!111 Never forget the true power of kirbycides. >:o

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Every character has something going for them. Kirby just has comparitively a lot less than just about every other character in the game. In fact, Kirby is at a disadvantage against nearly every character as well. The only character which I would deem worse is Mewtwo, because Mewtwo can't kill worth a ****.

Essentially what StripesOrBars said. Oh, and G&W for top tier too.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Kirby does have a decent amount of kill moves, namely bair, uair and dair, but with proper mindgames his fsmash, dsmash and usmash do have some decent KO'ing ability. Bthrow sets up nicely for edgeguarding, also breaking out of it and not reacting fast enough results in a bair in da face. Dthrow leads into techchase and in many cases, another free grab. Pal version fixed the lightness problem pretty well imo, NTSC is just broken version. :/ Cutter is actually pretty good for edgeguard and suprising people on above platforms, then sending them away, but should not be listed as a projectile anyway. And you should definitely watch the german smash vid for some kirby comboes if you think he lacks the combo abilities. ;D With Kirby being a small target and dodgy as he is, he's tough to fight against when he dodges all of the attacks. I did as well with my peach as I did with my kirby vs the most technical player's sheik here on finland and I did have easier time with my kirby than with my peach, purely because kirby is a tough character a fight against without any experience in the matchup. And no, he isn't a noob or anything, he's one of the best players on finland and was also once called the most technical fox in the whole europe. :/

And something kirby has over other characters, da kirbycide!!!111 Never forget the true power of kirbycides. >:o
None of that is true. Kirby is the suxzorz.

Not here on Finland, one mains y.link and can win over the best here since he spams so well and other one uses him quite nicely too. ;D
Finland must really suck then.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, im surprised on Ganondorf's placement. Falco belongs up there somewhat, his lasers are so detrimental to his opponents mindgames. Its hard to draw turnips as peach. Also surprised at shiek's placement, I'd think she'd be better then falco, oh well.

Samochan

Smash Master
None of that is true. Kirby is the suxzorz.

Finland must really suck then.
You being plain ignorat about the facts doesn't make kirby any worse in the eyes of players that play him, so why even bother bashing him? ;P And I do think that seeing a kirby combo video with my own eyes does prove something unlike your biased statement. It also helps that I know the best competitive kirby players and I play against the best of Finland myself.

But you know what, I do not take it lighty that you insult Finland and finnish players. Come here and prove we suck, then I might actually buy it. Unless you've somehow magically visited here and played with the best, keep your own opinions to yourself. The comment had nothing to do with how good Y.link is, it's just that we don't take any character lightly like most do, but we respect them and their character choices, especially when the best finnish player uses Ness and Luigi and is plain amazing with them, just ask EK or Helios or any other player who knows him. It's no use to bash lower tier characters because they still have the potential to **** if used correcly. :/ Just look at Chu Dat and Azen.

Aiser

Smash Lord
samochan don'tbother, reasoning with him islike trying to talk to a brick wall. lol.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
His reasoning might be wrong, but Kirby still sucks. I main Kirby, so it's not to say that I don't know what he's capable of. He just isn't very good.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Just cuz someone can be good with Kirby or Young Link or Mew2 or even Bowser, doesn't change the fact that they're still horrible characters. There are only like 10 good characters in this game. Kirby is NOT one of them and is no where near it.

And if what you say is true about Finish players being good with low tiered characters, then I would like to see some Finland tournament results. Cuz like I said, it means Finland sux. Or maybe FInland is the best? LOL. yea right...

And Aiser stop trying to make friends via smashboards.

Edit: And Samochan: I'm so tired of being in arguments about low tiered characters and hearing people play the "azen and chu card". They don't count. They've been playing competitively since the game came out. Of course they can "****" with ANY character. However if they play some1 of equal skill with say, KIRBY, they will without a doubt get wrecked. That's why Azen plays only Marth in BIG tourneys.

Broken characters ftw.

Samochan

Smash Master
And if what you say is true about Finish players being good with low tiered characters, then I would like to see some Finland tournament results. Cuz like I said, it means Finland sux. Or maybe FInland is the best? LOL. yea right...
The best Ness on Europe and one of the best Luigi's on Europe disagrees with you, along with the people who know him, Faab being one of them. Vilness is **** good and him winning the tournaments doesn't mean finland sucks, he's just too good.

1 Vilness Winnings: $33,60 (Ness, Luigi)
2 Coco Winnings: $9,60 (Peach, Samus)
3 Best Winnings: $4,80 (IC)
4 Strutsin muna Winnings: $0,00 (Y.Link)
5 KVF (Marth, Sheik, Fox, Falco)
5 Julle (Marth, Sheik)
7 Ijuka (Sheik, Fox)
7 Udikku (C.Falcon, Marth, Sheik)

And so on...

Oh, and I never said that kirby is amazing, he got horribly nerfed from the original and sucks compared to other characters. My original post was just to make clear that Kirby does have something going for him, he does have kill moves and uses for grabs, can combo ect. unlike what Stripesofbars was implying. Since he indeed has something on him, one can't argue with the facts that Kirby's uair is a powerful move and his bair has decent knockback, sex kick and reaches far enough to avoid 60-70% characters shieldgrabs even. Plus other stuff I don't bother repeating here.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Samochan said:
The best Ness on Europe and one of the best Luigi's on Europe disagrees with you, along with the people who know him, Faab being one of them. Vilness is **** good and him winning the tournaments doesn't mean finland sucks, he's just too good.

1 Vilness Winnings: $33,60 (Ness, Luigi)
2 Coco Winnings: $9,60 (Peach, Samus)
3 Best Winnings: $4,80 (IC)
4 Strutsin muna Winnings: $0,00 (Y.Link)
5 KVF (Marth, Sheik, Fox, Falco)
5 Julle (Marth, Sheik)
7 Ijuka (Sheik, Fox)
7 Udikku (C.Falcon, Marth, Sheik)

And so on...
Hmmm I haven't heard of any of them. Besides Vilness, but he's made combo vids and combo vids can be very misleading(no offense).

And what does he disagree with? That low tiers suck? I dare him to come play a tourney in the US(where characers are broken). You guys have the pvssy version of smash(PAL).

Samochan said:
Oh, and I never said that kirby is amazing, he got horribly nerfed from the original and sucks compared to other characters. My original post was just to make clear that Kirby does have something going for him, he does have kill moves and uses for grabs, can combo ect. unlike what Stripesofbars was implying. Since he indeed has something on him, one can't argue with the facts that Kirby's uair is a powerful move and his bair has decent knockback, sex kick and reaches far enough to avoid 60-70% characters shieldgrabs even. Plus other stuff I don't bother repeating here.
He has no kill moves n00b, please for the love of God just stop. A kill move is Falco's F smash, Falcon's knee, or Marth's Tipped F smash. Kirby's Bair is horrendous and his Uair's hitbox is ******** and doesn't kill til high percentages, those are not kill moves. And LOL at Kirby having a good sex kick.

He has no good grabs. Every character can tech chase from grabs so that's invalid(plus kirby has a horrid tech chase game).

And yes Kirby can combo, not like the other 25 characters, but he can.

The only thing Kirby really has is he can duck under most grabs.

Kirby sux and has nothing going for him. Please just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom