• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think falcon is definitely getting more popular and maybe should move into high tier?
Considering MLG Orlando was won by Azen who played falcon against Chu's IC's (I don't know if this should REALLY count, considering it is Azen)... also with Darkrain and now Jiano and of course Isai and SS, Falcon players are starting to learn that Fox is no longer an impossible matchup. Falco, however, is still really tough.

Any thoughts of him maybe replacing peacH?
falcon has an easier time against falco than fox. u just hate falco so much! b4 u argue u must learn how to play aginst them. its not wise to judge character if u dont know how to play aginst them. peach against falcon. i say there arent too many falcons good agianst peach to judge that match up.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
nameless shadow said:
Also I believe Roy is being overlooked. He should be either middle or top tier. If Marth has reach and speed, Roy can match with strength and better repel. He can easily be made top or middle tier rather easily.
You think that Roy is good? LOL!!! Sorry, but speed and reach almost always overcome strength. Infact, Roy is WEAKER and LIGHTER than Marth. Marth is better than Roy in all ways. By the way, Roy is worse than Mario at KOing, and that is saying a lot.

But, other than that part, your post was good.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Yoshi should switch places with Roy because Roy is absolute crap.

I think Yoshi's placement in the tier list is simply ridiculous. He has strong aerials, good smash attacks, crazy DJC, and a nice grab range. He may not have a third jump, but his double jump drastically increases Yoshi's weight, making Yoshi as hard as a rock. Sure, his roll sucks, but thats why you wavedash instead.

nameless_shadow

Smash Cadet
rofl. wow. nubs love to criticize something they cant beat. and it sounds like a n00b-fest here!! XD I'd be willing to bet my Roy could easily handle what you throw at me. And lol... dont ask for videos...they prove absolutely nothing. :laugh:

Link-NY

Smash Ace
rofl. wow. nubs love to criticize something they cant beat. and it sounds like a n00b-fest here!! XD I'd be willing to bet my Roy could easily handle what you throw at me. And lol... dont ask for videos...they prove absolutely nothing. :laugh:
Your Roy cant easily handle no1 here. a good reason for that is because hes roy. Hes **** and every1 ***** him. Roy = **** tier.

REØ

Smash Lord
your roy against my falco MM for $20, deal?

Edit: after all you never back down from any challenges right

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Im sorry but this is just too funny! :laugh:

I'd money match your Roy with my DK everytime.

Aiser

Smash Lord
nameless_shadow the new sora? lol or nameless_shadow is Neo on another account looking for a good laugh.

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
I don't think Fox is that great. The problem with Fox is his lack of priority compared to other characters. I've played Captain Jack countless times at OC2, and his Sheik beat my Fox most of the time we played, but I won a little over half our Sheik dittos. When Jack fights my Fox he controls spacing EXTREMELY well. He outprioritizes most of my attacks with his Fair, Bair, and even Forward Tilt (Sheik's Forward Tilt eats through Fox's Nair if spaced right). If I laser camp him then he charges needles, and shoots them to get me when I land, doing much more damage to me than I do to him. If I try to Nair him he usually short hops backwards and does Bair or Fair. He also smash DIs my up throw Uairs much of the time so he gets hardly any damage from it, and he tech chases me very well. After he down throws me, if he sees me tech roll he dash attacks in that direction, and combos me or tech chases me to death with much success. If I tech in place he does various things to mix it up, but the most common is to Jab me for just before I can attack him. If I don't Crouch Cancel this Jab, it's basically another free grab for Jack. If I DI his attacks toward the center of the stage, he often does a few tilts to a dashing Up Smash (me expecting him to Fair me off the stage like most Sheiks do, so I DI into him many times because of this)

Anyway the point is, Sheik does good on Fox on many stages. I think Fox does good on Poke Stad, FD, and Yoshis Story, while Sheik has the advantage on DL64, Battlefield, and FoD.

And no Fox does not **** Sheik it's a pretty even matchup contrary to popular belief.

While Fox doesn't have any real counters besides Falco (I don't care what you say PC Chris) he has a lot of pretty even matchups.

The top 4 characters in the tier list, Falco Fox Sheik Marth, are all within like 99% as good as each other basically. Arguing over who's better by 1% just so they can have an excuse if they lose a matchup with them by that 1% advantage being the reason they lost is stupid, but is also a big reason why the Tier list is so argued for many people.

Interesting points brought about here. The thing that troubles me is that you say fox doesn't **** sheik. And I know that you're an awesome and one of the best foxes, but from what I hear you say I think that matches up come out awkward with your fox, and I don't think anything is wrong with it, but any way you play a character has some disadvantages. What I'm trying to say is your fox is no ordinary fox and not cause you're good, but as people say its very technical, and sometimes this is to your advantage and sometimes it isn't, most foxes play a fast pace game regardless of whether they shffl often or rarely, but you on the other hand are for the most part slow, careful, and more about mindgames. Perhaps speed is what takes care of his lack of priority.

Just curious do you play well against all sheiks or was this just with CJ? Also I think you're thinking this is like the old tier lists, its nothing like that, its what characters on average place high in tournaments, so if seeing fox on top of the list is what troubles that is probably why.

I for one believe that a tier list should be a list of characters in order that have the potential to be the best to worst. So the list would most likely start out ICs, fox or Fox, ICs in what I think is most everyone's opinion, and samus will probably be somewhere up in there.

The reason that I don't like this tierlist is because it is based on tourney results, I think the tierlist should be more of a stable/permanent list that by definition should be unchangeable if it is accurate.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace

LOL!!! I would gladly challenge your Roy with my Mario, but im not old enough to drive....:mad:

NEW JERSEY SUCKS!!!

REØ

Smash Lord
nameless shadow is probably sora's friend or something, LOL

nd watch 0ut 4 royz ph1r3!11!11

my pchu can probably kick this guys ***

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if you look at it, falco should be higher than fox because he has the same advantages except switch fox for peach (falco's even with peach but has an advantage over fox), which the advantage over fox over powers the advantage fox has over peach, and falco has an advantage over sheik, while fox has one over marth, so if you look at it...falco should be higher

ICs and falcon could move up into upper tier or make their own seperate tier because they do stand out as better characters in mid tier, and ICs surpass falcon because they do better on the fox, falco, and sheik than falcon does

other than that, it's based on overall tournament placement

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The only really good player in NJ is Mew2king. Dave is good too. Besides that NJ sux.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ryoko himself has admitted that M2K is leagues ahead of the rest of NJ. I'm really talking about NJ as a whole when I say NJ sux. But yes Ryoko is good.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
lol, you always think I'm beening a douche.
where's our black pride? :p

thank you Doodah
Hahahahaha I still got it. That's why I'm tryin to make sure we post the best, sir.

Anyway, this argument is so cyclical. It's never going to go anywhere. The Blackstar = top tier.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, even though I kinda understand Fox and Falco up there, I don't see why Marth isn't up there in the top as well. his swordplay skills and decent range still makes him a powerful character (maybe it's the range).

I'm glad that Peach is still in the high tier though. Her aerial recovery and powerful moves still kicks *** ^^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
roflmao... no Dk threats plz. THATs pathetic. And I'd love to play all of you. And prove my Roy will handle ya.
Your funny man. No you really are! :laugh:
DK eats Roy for breakfast. If you really where such a good Roy player, you'd knew that DK deffinatly has an advantage. That why I wouldn't play him agains you...

Pichu would be my character Vs you.
Or Mewtwo, it's your choice. ;)

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
I hear a lot about falco being on top of the tier list. However, I really see more foxes used in tournaments than falcos.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Your funny man. No you really are! :laugh:
DK eats Roy for breakfast. If you really where such a good Roy player, you'd knew that DK deffinatly has an advantage. That why I wouldn't play him agains you...

Pichu would be my character Vs you.
Or Mewtwo, it's your choice. ;)

Even a good Roy player like NEO believes that Roy isn't a good character.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Link should at least be middle tier, and I don't at all believe that Peach is that high up. She's ridiculously slow, and isn't that hard to knock off. You spike her or knock her into oblivion and she's done, and her Toad 'parry' is not that good.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Link should at least be middle tier, and I don't at all believe that Peach is that high up. She's ridiculously slow, and isn't that hard to knock off. You spike her or knock her into oblivion and she's done, and her Toad 'parry' is not that good.
Peach is that high up because of her D smash, extremely good aerials, float canceling which cancels more of the lag of aerials than L canceling, great recovery, turnips, stitch face turnip, a lot of good match ups, possibilty of pulling out a bomb-omb, and good smash attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom