• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 0C2 Zero Challenge Video Thread - DVD COMPLETE, ORDER NOW!!!

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I understand that this type of thing takes a lot of work and one may be busy with other things in life. But what is the best way to keep people from getting upset about vids that aren't coming?

Keeping us updated, even if it is to tell us that you can't work on them yet for another week.

As long as the person making the video keeps posting something so that everyone knows the vids haven't been forgotten, we can have infinite patience.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
our plans for the dvds

right now we are dividing the dvd work load onto the 4 of us if we have time we will work on it and make a compilation. Even I dont know if i have time to do this but ill try, other than that ill just do the layout and such when caotic gets back. If i cant help then my work load will be distributed among , those who can do it like pha, cao, or nealdt , that have more experience then me. So yeah be patience and let us make everyone something great. Oc2 was only i think 2 weeks ago, but man the memories are still there. It was a great tourney. The japanese had a great time and so did many of the americans. The matches were also intense. We have like 20 videos with tons of data on it so you can see why it takes time to encode i hope this clears everything for everyone. Also we might release a teaser like u said online soon. Teaser will be the (I dont want to say unimportant matches) we have too many good matches so even some good ones cant make the dvd due to size. So we will just put it online for everyone to watch.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
lol Hugo, I'm still not in Cali yet but when I am, rest assured i'm busting my a$$ off making videos for you. >3

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I hope the one of me and Hitsugaya vs PC Chris and Kaiser is on there >.>
Well lets just hope that video doesnt get currupted >.> lol
But I just hope I get to watch it again because I think it was the best I've ever played.
Everything was so exciting I forgot how it went or who they even used... I think they went Marth Fox then Fox Fox on us?

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Hey Manacloud! Quick question, how are you guys going to distrubute the dvds? I live allll the way in London so there was no way i could get to the OC2 but i would love to get a copy of the dvd. Just how could i go about it? Unless u guys are selling copies over ebay or something lol!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Hey Manacloud! Quick question, how are you guys going to distrubute the dvds? I live allll the way in London so there was no way i could get to the OC2 but i would love to get a copy of the dvd. Just how could i go about it? Unless u guys are selling copies over ebay or something lol!
dont worry when the time comes we will figure something out about sending the dvds overseas. Right now we are just planning to make it. We will have a meeting first and discuss this matter thats for sure.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
All the matches that don't make the DVD will be uploaded online right? Because if they aren't... well, not allowing people to take videos and then not even showing much of what was taken would just be stupid...

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

All the matches that don't make the DVD will be uploaded online right? Because if they aren't... well, not allowing people to take videos and then not even showing much of what was taken would just be stupid...
those will be released after the dvd if most of us feel we can encode some more else they wont be released.

we have over 400 hours of matches.

D1

Banned via Administration
Mana rocks I can't wait for the DVDs soooooooo much...but I will have patience.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
those will be released after the dvd if most of us feel we can encode some more else they wont be released.

we have over 400 hours of matches.
Well, seeing as you wouldn't let anyone record, I think the least you guys can do is try and take the time to upload everything you have. A lot of people aren't interested in the finals as much as they are in their friends' matches.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
???

Well, seeing as you wouldn't let anyone record, I think the least you guys can do is try and take the time to upload everything you have. A lot of people aren't interested in the finals as much as they are in their friends' matches.
hmmm we only had vcrs on main tv matches all the matches that we couldnt release are still not friend matches or the matches your thinking about. They are matches like south vs japan stuff like that. IF we cannot add them to the dvd because its too large we will take our time and if we do FEEL yes im saying feel like releasing them we will. Those who didnt go to oc2 thats your loss. Everyone that did, they got to see the majority of it . Also I also want to add nealdt, caotic, pha and me are college students. We arent just going to sit down every day and encode the matches if we dont feel like it. Thats why people must respect us and let us upload what we feel like is good and if we want to do it. If we get more complaints and people trying to rush us we just wont release anything , so like i said give us time and be patient.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Encode while you're at school or sleeping? I just find it BS that you didn't think ahead about these issues. I have nothing against the other guys you mentioned as they all kept a cool head the entire time the video problem was going on. You on the other hand seem to screwed over a lot of people who spent hundreds of dollars to come to 0C2. They don't even have videos of their matches!

I understand you want to regain your losses, but the people who flew out there spent a load of money too. The FC guys weren't as strict or unfriendly as you have been. Hell, Ken (nothing against him either) won singles and was on the crew that won crews. That should make for a good bit of money to pay off some of this event as well.

I heard a lot of attempts at compromise in that last thread and you didn't go for it. Think ahead next time you plan something.

PS: I'm not whining about the amount of time that the videos are taking to come out. I know it takes a LONG time to finish these things. What I'm whining about is the way you (manacloud) are going about the whole video issue.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
wtf

Encode while you're at school or sleeping? I just find it BS that you didn't think ahead about these issues. I have nothing against the other guys you mentioned as they all kept a cool head the entire time the video problem was going on. You on the other hand seem to screwed over a lot of people who spent hundreds of dollars to come to 0C2. They don't even have videos of their matches!

I understand you want to regain your losses, but the people who flew out there spent a load of money too. The FC guys weren't as strict or unfriendly as you have been. Hell, Ken (nothing against him either) won singles and was on the crew that won crews. That should make for a good bit of money to pay off some of this event as well.

I heard a lot of attempts at compromise in that last thread and you didn't go for it. Think ahead next time you plan something.
dude stfu, did you go? Did you plan the oc2, did you evne know wtf is going on. STfu, dont come on here and say **** you didnt know. You want videos go record your own because your not getting any from me. Its guys like you that gives guys like me a hard time. You think im going to encode at night turn on my computer just for your ***? I mean seriously stfu. Everyone that went to oc2 knows that ken only won his money back from even trying in the first place to get the japanese over, He broke even. The winning crew didnt get money we got trophies so seriously STFU.

edit: going on about what videos? It was not only me that said nobody can record at oc2. It was the entire staff so dont act as if it was only me. First off you didnt go to oc2, that gives you no right to complain. Second your talking as if you know whats going on. Third you dont know how long it takes to do this stuff if your a busy person as myself,neadlt,pha, or caotic. Finally all ive been saying is give us time scroll up if you want, your complaining like a little *****, i mean shut up.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
You want videos go record your own because your not getting any from me.
That's the problem. You didn't let anyone take those videos themselves. You have a responsibility to the people who spent hundreds of dollars to come to this event. Is that a responsibility to me? No, I decided to spend my money on tuition instead. There are many others who spent their hard earned cash and saying that you'll do it when you feel like it is not fulfilling that responsibility.

Calm down. Saying "STFU" again and again isn't going to get your point across. And good to hear that Ken was able to break even for bringing the Japanese over. I was afraid he might not. Of course that means that you're now on the same level as those at FC6 who didn't have these rules in place.

You guys still haven't made public how much in the hole you are? How much more do you need to break even or keep costs minimized? You're not the only ones who lost money after all.

EDIT: Heh, I always forget things. The encoding while you're sleeping/at class was only a suggestion. Don't jump on me. I find it useful to encode videos when I'm not on the computer because converting videos always takes a long time. I'd rather not be on the computer when that's happening. I also didn't know whether or not the winning crew got any money, my apologies.

Cort

Apple Head
mana just wants things to get done efficiently and without trouble. He's a really nice guy in real life.

You guys shouldn't complain, seriously. Especially if you didn't even go, hahahaha.

I'd like to see anyone else plan an international smash tournament and have it run as well as OC2 did.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Firestorm: either we give away the matches free and accept that we lost a lot of money (Ken isn't the only person who spent money on 0C2, by the way), or we spend a lot more of our time to try and recoup some of that money. There's no conspiracy to ruin people's fun, to screw them out of their money, or anything like that. You obviously favor the second, but the staff feels differently, and that's what matters.

And please don't compare this to FC. Things are a little more expensive out here in California than in Indiana. No way are we in the "same boat" as the Kishes... $4k venue rental + lots of expensive gas + hotel rooms + flights + cheaper admission fee + comparatively expensive food = :(.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
4 stock. I'm with Mana on this one.
I'm with him on the fact that he owes me nothing as well. I didn't pay to fly to 0C2. I didn't pay the entrance fee. Who I think he owes are the people who DID fly to 0C2 and DID pay the entrance fee. It would have been pretty easy to let people tape all their matches in pools or the early rounds of the tournaments and then say no recording for the final few rounds along with any International Crews. This would have gotten them the footage they needed for the DVD and the people who attended would walk off with a healthy amount of footage of themselves.

I also disagree with him thinking he has no responsibility to those people now. They should eventually get the videos he has of them playing. Definitely.

EDIT: I don't expect the matches for free. Don't worry, I know you all spent your own cash on this event. I know there's no conspiracy, but I think Mana could have handled things a bit better with regards to both his attitude and his policies. Especially how he seems to think he has absolutely no responsibility in regards to getting out videos. I just want him to remember that the staff wasn't the only ones to spend money on this.

And alright, no comparisons between FC and 0C.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
?

I'm with him on the fact that he owes me nothing as well. I didn't pay to fly to 0C2. I didn't pay the entrance fee. Who I think he owes are the people who DID fly to 0C2 and DID pay the entrance fee. It would have been pretty easy to let people tape all their matches in pools or the early rounds of the tournaments and then say no recording for the final few rounds along with any International Crews. This would have gotten them the footage they needed for the DVD and the people who attended would walk off with a healthy amount of footage of themselves.

I also disagree with him thinking he has no responsibility to those people now. They should eventually get the videos he has of them playing. Definitely.

EDIT: I don't expect the matches for free. Don't worry, I know you all spent your own cash on this event. I know there's no conspiracy, but I think Mana could have handled things a bit better with regards to both his attitude and his policies. Especially how he seems to think he has absolutely no responsibility in regards to getting out videos. I just want him to remember that the staff wasn't the only ones to spend money on this.

And alright, no comparisons between FC and 0C.
I dont see anyone that went to oc2 complaining except you. I owe it to the people of oc2 yes, im greatful they went. We all had a lot of fun, but we arent talking about that. We are talking about you trying to get us to release videos that you dont even know exist or not and your complaining. Once again give us time to do this.

edit: We also took everyone or the majority of people who didnt have rides back to the airport. Why dont you go look up online about how much gas was at the time, how much traffic there is, how many people went to oc2. We and when i say we, ken and me, housed the majority of the canadians, and did their laundry and drove them places.Plus my mom was cooking them dinner. Everyone was really greatful and nice. WE didnt even mind that. You tell me how fc compares to oc2. I dont mean any disrespect to other people who went to oc2 when i say this. People who stayed at my house got this treatment. Also the extra chicken we got, people had thirds for meals. Like i said you know nothing.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Yeah, they complain to me instead of complaining to you =P A few friends of mine online weren't happy with what went on. That's all I'm saying. And I don't know about you, but I was talking about the people of 0C2 and the fact that you said you'd only upload the videos if you felt like it. Something I feel is totally irresponsible.

Uh, neal already said that 0C2 and FC6 have totally different costs due to the area and I already noted my mistake. Why would you edit that part in... wouldn't it make more sense to edit it out?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
?

whos making the videos? whos uploading them? whos taking their time to make everyone a dvd thats worth something. Who made oc2 happen. We the staff, we have every right to release them when we want and when we feel like it. You complaining is only going to make it worst. Like i said before shut up so the rest of us can move on with our lives. This will be my last response to you, your annoying as hell.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Like you just said, you're staff. This means you have a responsibility to the people you're staffing. Obviously take your time to make it as good as possible. Just make sure to release everything you have in one form or another.

emubreath

Smash Journeyman
well this is completely off topic but I just keep laughing at mana saying "I know you guys are poor and everything in crystal city" in Rob$'s anaheim video lool

FalseFalco

Smash Master
ATTN:Firestorm88

I spent quite a bit of money getting my *** to OC2 I also endured many flight changes and cancellations as well as spent a grand total of 25+ hours in an airport or on a plane. Not to mention quite a few other things that went wrong with my vacation; the first day I got there my ear was ****ed up and I couldnt hear right, I was allergic to the family's cat, I had a cough from the pollution there, monster (the dog) got into my stuff, some brown crap from the roof got into my stuff, I got close to 30 minutes of sleep the first night and sat lying away for 6 hours , I went hungry some days, got 4 stocked, and I didn't even get a chance to play ken, chu, mana, isai, captain jack. But I'm in no hurry with the videos.

If you were there you could have seen the amount of work the staff put into everything, and I'm sure they will put the same amount of work into the DVDs as soon as they are able to. I went through quite a bit of trouble getting to and from cali and went through a fair amount of hardship during my stay, but I can still say the experience was worth every penny and that the players and staff (manacloud especially) were pleasure to be with.

That being said I find it hard to imagine someone who went through more trouble than me, and even harder to imagine someone who had no troubles but had a scarring experience.

As for the BC guys not liking it that is a total shocker to me because I was in the tent with them (which was awesome btw) and they were too fun to be with. Although I didn't do my shoutouts I can say without a doubt that they were the mellowest and seemingly content group of the entire tournament, so it suprises me and saddens to hear they might not have had a good time.

I may seem to come off a bit harsh, but my message to you is to let them speak for themselves.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Nah, you didn't come off as too harsh. Although you did misunderstand one thing. I wasn't talking about the BC guys =P Although I know of at least one who went that agrees with me about Mana's attitude. Like I said, my problem was with Mana's "I'll do it if I feel like it" stance on what I feel should be "I'll get it done some way or another once I can get some free time."

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Lol Carl... We should have traded spots! That first day I slept in that little corner in the tent lol! You remember! I remember Mike calling me hardcore because I slept on the cement with no blanket, a t-shirt, that stupid japanese bamboo pillow, the air matress was like over half my body, AND me being scared that Mike would roll off the air matress and fall on me lol.
But overall it was a fun experience that I don't want to do again.

And I had trouble at the airport too since I was on standby and all the planes were full. Ended up going to calgary then wait a few hours to get to a plain to Vancouver.

I had an awsome time there.
I am just dissappointed that I did really bad in the crews and didn't get any of that In and Out Burger.
I also learned that im not as bad as I think and glad that I did so well in doubles and singles.

As for the videos... No hurry. Hope it comes out sooner then later but of course you guys all are busy.

But you guys should just drop this thing your arguing about. It won't make the video come out any faster.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol actually

well this is completely off topic but I just keep laughing at mana saying "I know you guys are poor and everything in crystal city" in Rob$'s anaheim video lool
its not my fault really. All i ever hear from caveman and rob is how poor they are and where they are from "crystal city" so i mentioned it. Im sure cavemans told everyone his lifes story about how his family crossed the border and built their own house from scratch etc etc. Thats the only reason why i said that but after rob recorded me saying that he just made a joke out of it. Yeah its pretty funny if u watch what he did or dont know the situation but yeah its funny, but i meant no disrespect.

Cort

Apple Head
I understand that this type of thing takes a lot of work and one may be busy with other things in life. But what is the best way to keep people from getting upset about vids that aren't coming?

Keeping us updated, even if it is to tell us that you can't work on them yet for another week.

As long as the person making the video keeps posting something so that everyone knows the vids haven't been forgotten, we can have infinite patience.
Quoted for reiteration. *prods CAOTIC*

Top Bottom