• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 0C2 Zero Challenge Video Thread - DVD COMPLETE, ORDER NOW!!!

K@nG

Smash Rookie
I got my DVD but I don't know how to play this thing. I put it into my computer but there was nothing at E: Drive or D: Drive. So I put it into my DVD player and it showed a menu with four folders but all of them were empty. So can someone help me on this?

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You have a DVD drive on your computer, right? You just need to stick it in and then go to My Computer. Right click on your DVD drive and select Explore. That will bring up the file list.

Lemme know if that doesn't work.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
neal i almost broke my ankle running to my mailbox after hearing that all these people got their DVDs... thank god i didnt...

YES PEOPLE THE DVD IS JUST THAT GOOD

i got it wooot woot wooot

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
>_<. Because the DVD Video format (you know, the one that your DVD movie player uses) only supports around 2.5 hours of footage. Do the math.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
They've gone over this pretty thoroughly a couple times now. You can search for it if you wanna know the specifcs but it boils down to that fact that a DVD can only hold approximately 2 hours of "video" format if it is going to be used in a DVD player. However, if you format the content as "data" opposed to video, then you have a full 4.7 gigs to fill.

Let's say each match is 4-5 minutes. On a video formatted DVD you could hold 24-30 matches, which is roughly 8-10 sets (3 matches per set).

Now let's take the alternative, each match is approximately 20 mb (?). This mean you could around 235 matches, roughly 10 times that the video formatted DVD could hold.

So they could have formatted it for a DVD player, but you really wouldn't want that.

edit: Neal beat me to it

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yo

well i just received zivlyn banes check today, I hope my MESSAGE is clear, please send your checks now!! if you ordered by check.

as for the 2nd batch of dvds, guys im waiting for neals shipment of cases so i can put them in. So yeah you gotta wait till i get them.

As for people who cannot play the dvd. YOU NEED A DVD PLAYER hence thus its called a dvd disk. If you do not have a dvd player you can buy one on newegg.com and order it.

D1

Banned via Administration
um...Ebay user: d1_reaper also purchased the vids a few weeks earlier I just wanted to know if you guys received my payment? I payed by credit card thru Paypal...was that bad?!? X_? (non-agressive post btw)

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I got my dvd today, it smelled of really bad ham. Made me a little light headed. The dvd is great though, my only complaint is that during the crews is really hard to tell whos playing who. Since most people dont use tags.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
YES!! Just got home, and what was waiting for me but an OC2 DVD! Awesome shiz, yo. Neal, Caotic, Arash, and Mike, great job on making this. I can only imagine how much hard work and time went into this. Also a great big THANK YOU goes out to Ken and the rest of the OC2 Staff for putting together what was the greatest tournament I've ever been to.

Thank you all so much!!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hah

YES!! Just got home, and what was waiting for me but an OC2 DVD! Awesome shiz, yo. Neal, Caotic, Arash, and Mike, great job on making this. I can only imagine how much hard work and time went into this. Also a great big THANK YOU goes out to Ken and the rest of the OC2 Staff for putting together what was the greatest tournament I've ever been to.

Thank you all so much!!
im glad the dvds are arriving safely without issues. Remember the dvd is a DATA disk. When you put it in it will prompt a message, to view files you must go to your drive with the disk on it and right click. After right clicking click explore to explore the cd and you should be able to view matches =).

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zodiak-Lucien: most of the crew battles have accompanying text files that specify who plays in what order, at least to the best of my knowledge. I couldn't annotate some of the international crews, unfortunately, but the others should be documented.

As for the smell, yeah, I dunno why, but that's what the cases smelled like when we got em :\.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh, D1: eBay isn't working right now, so I can't check your order at this time. But I'm 90% certain I saw your name in the list of paid orders. I'll make sure in the morning.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey..Is it possible for me to burn this onto a playable DVD without reformatting it? Because I want to put this onto two playable DVD's.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I definitly have to software lol.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh if your willing to go that far

I definitly have to software lol.
yeah its possible, but i think its going to take more than 2 dvds maybe 4. You would have to use something like after effects to make the menu and just load which file u want to play from there. Hope you know how to use after effects.

mog87

Smash Ace
if its not too much trouble is it possible to get the tracking no? I ordered from mog87 on ebay.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
They don't smell THAT bad chester. And they don't radiate the smell. Just don't bury your nose in the case and take a deep breath.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
i found out why they smell

They don't smell THAT bad chester. And they don't radiate the smell. Just don't bury your nose in the case and take a deep breath.
before they shipped out the cases some guy accidently spilled his coffee into the plastic mix. Since it had such a strong coffee smell he put in his lunch which was beef jerky into the mix as well hopefully to cancel the smell. Then neal being the random buyer he was bought a batch of smelly cases.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lmao! That is great. I might be able to..I might just leave the menu off and make the skip feature skip the matchs -_-..I dont want to make a menu lol.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

Lmao! That is great. I might be able to..I might just leave the menu off and make the skip feature skip the matchs -_-..I dont want to make a menu lol.
if you dont make a menu then u would have to arrange it in a certain order where the matches people want to see end up first and the boring matches last and on top of that u wont have a tab of wheres what . meaning if you want to see ken fight m2k u would have to keep skimming or just sit and watch the entire dvd, which is just insane. I suggest a menu if you know how to do it.

TAK$

Smash Ace
err i accidently bought this when i was trying to get something else i'm sooo slow, @_@ lol i used the name mjj1960 or something like that (it's my friends), mind taking me off?

edit: i havent actually paid for it yet either, so lemme know >____>

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

Yay I just got it, boring cover. =P I found a hair in my case. lol
boring cover? lol i spent weeks on that, lol guess its just over shown, anyways im making a new cover with midna on it for the 2nd batch hopefully =). Maybe or maybe not who knows.

you found hair? didnt we tell you your dvd will be worth every penny. Each dvd is different and unique , i think some even has my remixes on it. Some has anime pictures and some just have the dvd content. So if your lucky youll find the golden ticket. Golden ticket = one night with the sexy arash.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heyyyy, I rather like the cover. I think it looks good with the black case and white DVD. Reminds me of the Beatles' White Album cover. Not everything needs to be fancy shmancy graphics ya know... there is such a thing as elegant simplicity.

;) (j/k btw)

We had a more active cover, but the colors didn't reproduce very well, and I decided to go with the simple one.

johnkim

Smash Journeyman
dude, isai was crazy in crews and 2v2s. i wish he had really tried during singles.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Just got mine. Its crazy.

hm....none of Tori's singles or doubles matches are in it....
dissapointing. I was pretty sure that he was on the list of matches....

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

Just got mine. Its crazy.

hm....none of Tori's singles or doubles matches are in it....
dissapointing. I was pretty sure that he was on the list of matches....
we mentioned that we were removing tori's matches because the dvd couldnt fit anymore. Those matches will be posted some where for download in the future or placed in the extended dvd for people who want it. Extended dvd = no matches mainly just footage of the event, japanese taunts, interviews , etc.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got mine the other day. Great job guys :).

Top Bottom