• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Tails with a moveset based on his gadgets from Moden Sonic games

WYR have Micaiah or Bandana Dee playable?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
If the profit character from the Hebrew bible, Micaiah. Otherwise, Bandana Waddle Dee. It'd be nice for the latter, because I know many Kirby fans would love him to get in.

EDIT: Forgot. Would you rather see demos for one game of each represented series (by character), meaning there'd be a four to five minute playable demo of say (selecting at random), New Super Mario Bros. Wii, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest/Donkey Kong Country Returns, Ice Climbers, Wario Land 4, Bayonetta, etc., or... would you rather see Dr. Mario made faster?

Last edited:

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Master of Disguise, I'd like the chance to try it out.

WYR all characters get new side special moves or down special moves?

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
Headdy and Beat.

WYR first indie game fighter be Shantae or Frisk?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
(Aww man, Alex Kidd would be awesome! And Shantae feels like she should be in because of those ties to Nintendo, being the face of the Nindies page on the 3DS eShop, being on the front page of Nintendo Power in the second last issue, starting off as a Nintendo exclusive franchise all the way on the Gameboy Color... and just being an awesome character who'd make for an extremely fun and unique character.)

Returning Assist Trophy.

Would you rather have 64 Mario playable (but Paper Mario made into an Assist) or a Tekken rep?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Crash with Banjo-Kazooie as an AT.

WYR have Lightning or Noctis as the next final fantasy character?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Every character available from the start.

Wanting to unlock characters that you already know beforehand just doesn't make sense to me. I get that some people find enjoyment out of it, but I can't say I feel the same.

Would you rather unlock characters via "capturing" them in real life like Pokemon Go or only be able to unlock them via the "matches played" method?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I always use the matches played method anyway (unless there's a character I want to instantly access), so it's pretty obvious what my choice is.

WYR have your most wanted announced with a single tweet and not a trailer, or have your most wanted teased in a trailer, only for it revealed to be some character you've never heard of in a mask?

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Tweet

WYR have your most wanted be deconfirmed but your next 5 most wanted confirmed, OR those 5 deconfirmed with your most wanted confirmed?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My most wanted is Waluigi, and I'd go with the prior since he's more likely for future instalments than my other 5 most wanted.

WYR replace FLUDD with the backflip from Donkey Kong '94, or replace Luigi's fireball with the Poltergust?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I'd replace Luigi's Fireball with the Poltergust. It would make him more unique, although I like the fireball more.

WYR have only the even-numbered or the odd-numbered characters in Ultimate?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Overwatch. A lot of people see Paladins as an Overwatch clone, so they're going to be outraged that a Paladins character made it into Smash before an Overwatch character did.

WYR have Ultimate get delayed twice or not have a scheduled release date at all?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
OVERWATCH!

Reaper is my second most wanted character behind Xurkitree!

WYR have characters he unlocked via an ingame shop (using ingame currency earned via battle) or unlocked via lootboxes (Overwatch method)

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Радије бих крваво Стевеа над Спонгебобом. Нови Теен Титанс је бољи од оног смеће. Међутим, ово није повезано.

Master Chief would be a bloody blast, I'd love to see him in! He's iconic, his games (pre-4) are great, he'd have a cool moveset, he's not getting in, he'd be unique for the series, his Final Smash could bring in the Warthog!

Would you rather a playable Nintendo DS (with a Final Smash showing the DS Lite, DSi XL, New 3DS and 2DS joining in and attacking the opponent), or would you rather the Squid Sisters, Callie and Marie as a Pokémon Trainer-esque character?

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
The DS, it will be so hilarious and will piss off so much fans !

WYR have 3Gen Pokemon or a 5Gen Pokemon ?

D

Deleted member

Gen 3 Pokémon.

WYR get Superman as a fighter, or the Fantastic Four?

D

Deleted member

Superman, because he's actually been in good movies.

WYR have Rayman's series symbol be the circle on his shirt, a Rayman 2 Lum, a Rayman Origins Lum or a silhouette of his head?
The circle, just for curiosity towards the reactions.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
(Sceptile, Wurmple or Gardevoir would be an awesome Hoenn rep. Haxorus would be a cool Unova rep, who could borrow a lot from Charizard to be easier to develop. Which other Unova reps would be good?

Also, I'm not really sure how the fans would react to the DS being playable, given how happy most people are with R.O.B. being playable, and Duck Hunt Duo definitely grew on people, even Wii Fit Trainer did. It would surely cause a hilarious reaction initially, though, most shocking newcomer since Snake!)

Gen 3 Pokémon.

WYR get Superman as a fighter, or the Fantastic Four?
Superman. The idea of having characters that didn't originate because of games is very bad, but Superman is preferable in that scena-
Oh, new post.

A Rayman 2 Lum, and I'd love for a lot of his representation to be based on Rayman 2, even though Origins/Legends representation is more likely. Just imagine having this music in Ultimate... it's a beautiful thought.
Again? Thankfully there's no question so I can safely post this reply.

Would you rather Dixie Kong, Funky Kong and Cranky Kong all added, but Cranky becomes the new Meta Knight/Bayonetta, or Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong get added?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dixie, Funky and Cranky.

let's say you're granted all the knowledge and equipment of a veteran game dev in a single night, but your first game has to be one of two things: WYR it be a reboot of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, or a reboot of Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion?

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Reboot of PSABR

WYR have a new Smash game with a bunch of third parties like Master Chief and Kratos but still focused on Nintendo, OR a fighting game with a large roster of "video game all stars", but with Goku and Sans?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
New smash game with third parties. I also want Goku and Sans to stay the hell away from Smash.

WYR have your most wanted Pokémon newcomer enter the fight as its baby form, or your most wanted newcomer get shafted for one of your least wanted characters?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Retro Sega rep. Alex Kidd. I'd cheer if he was announced.

Would you rather Sylux (Metroid) or Medusa (Kid Icarus)?

D

Deleted member

Sylux all the way.

Would you rather see a Tropical Freeze stage, or the Distortion World?

Top Bottom