• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

LucR

Smash Rookie
Character that was never on a Nintendo system

WYR have playable Shovel Knight or Shantae?

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps I'm feeling sadistic at the moment, but I'd rather have Mallow.

Would you rather have custom moves for everyone, or a good Palutena?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Skitty

WYR have Pac-Maze or Reset Bomb Forest return as a stage?

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
Orbital Gate Assault. Considering how it apparently took the team over a year to develop, I feel kinda bad that had to be tossed aside for this game, probably cause of the Stage Morph.

WYR have Deku Link, Zora Link, or Goron Link be playable?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Orbital Gate Assault. Considering how it apparently took the team over a year to develop, I feel kinda bad that had to be tossed aside for this game, probably cause of the Stage Morph.

WYR have Deku Link, Zora Link, or Goron Link be playable?
It’s kind of hard: I like Zoras more, but Deku Link is more iconic...
I’m just gonna say Deku Link.

WYR have no more newcomers and a story mode or your five dream newcomers but no story mode?

Gimme my 5 newcomers! (I'll just imagine a story on my own) :p

WYR have a great stage builder or a playable Master Hand?

Last edited:

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
A great stage builder

WYR have the ability to play as assist trophies or a more versatile solo mode?

D

Deleted member

Versatile Solo Mode.

WYR have Spirits (the alleged solo mode) be a boss rush mode or a classic mode with a character-specific boss at the end (Dracula for the Belmonts, Rathalos for the Swordsmen, and so forth)?

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
more versatile solo mode.
classic mode with character-specific boss at the end.

A Story Mode with a really ****ing good story-- like, [insert your favorite movie] good. like, we're talkin' the kind of good that makes English teachers hand the game out as homework to high schoolers and college students 50-100 years from now. + One Newcomer of Your Choice + a free ice cream cone

OR

Smash Tour returns and it's horrible and buggy and all characters are locked behind it and is a nightmare to go through + 50 Newcomers of Your Choice + a free ice cream cone

Last edited:

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
Uh... I'll take the Story Mode than dealing with Smash tour

WYR have Staraptor or Talonflame?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Evee

Would you rather Double the DK and Kirby roster size or get to add unlimited Mother characters?
Double the DK and Kirby characters: Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Bashmaster the Umbreakable, Waddle Dee, Adeleine, and Rick-Kine-Coo will do their job.

WYR have Jody Summers or Black Shadow as a Falcon echo?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Celica bc I know more about her.

WYR play locally with someone who uses fox, stands at the edge, spams laser and says they're good for taking 0 damage, or get 0 newcomers from your favorite series next game.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Neither because I playing against people I know I'm going to lose against. But if I had to choose, ZeRo if only because I recognize the name.

WYR at the end of Ultimate's Story Mode, Metal Mario/Giga Bowser/Tabuu/Master Core/some other new villain kills everyone and Smash 6 has no returning veteran characters (literally nothing but newcomers, many of which highly requested), many of whom are slowly drip-fed back into the roster as time goes on.

OR

at the end of Ultimate's Story Mode, Thanos (who isn't a playable fighter) kills exactly half of Ultimate's roster and Smash 6 has the survivors as the starting roster, with all the newcomers (many of which highly requested) as unlockables.

Last edited:

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
Thanos better give me an apology video on youtube for the support I'm giving him.

WYR have Banjo-Kazooie as a playable character, but you also get Sans as a playable character.

or WYR have Banjo-Kazooie as a trophy, and Sans is nowhere to be seen.

Last edited:
Banjo, Kazooie and Sans (together as the same character)

WYR rather have a story mode where your choices influence the outcome of the story or have Sakurai as the final Boss?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Story mode where my choices actually influence the outcome of the story. I'd strive for best ending.

WYR be forced to play Ultimate with a Dance Pad or with the DK Bongos?

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
DC. As much as I'd love to see Black Panther in smash, I'd love to see Wonder Woman in smash even more.

WYR Ultimate brings back tripping OR Bayonetta keeps her OP-ness in Smash 4 and Brawl is reverted to his Brawl incarnation?

Last edited:

zeonie888

Smash Apprentice
I think I'll take the tripping, it'd be more funny x3

WYR have two more F-Zero characters or two more retro characters

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Two more retro characters. I always enjoy seeing how they're redesigned to fit Smash.

WYR your less-likely wanted character get in as an assist trophy or a Mii costume?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Assist Trophy. Mii costumes are saying "we KNOW you wanted to play as this character, but too bad."

WYR have Alph turned into an Olimar echo, or the Koopalings turned into a Junior Echo

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alph as a Olimar Echo, because I don't want 7 Echoes of Bowser Jr.

5 more Echoes that you like or are at least neutral about, or 1 unique newcomer regardless if you like that character or not.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Alph as a Olimar Echo, because I don't want 7 Echoes of Bowser Jr.

5 more Echoes that you like or are at least neutral about, or 1 unique newcomer regardless if you like that character or not.
5 new echoes. I can't risk getting some crappy newcomer no one asked for.

WYR Have the ability to create your own perfect Smash game with no one complaining and you're the director and head, or win a game show so that you get money every day: One cent, then two cents, then four cents, and it doubles forever (essentially infinite money until you die).

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The former, if it means I can guarantee Lip gets brought back and everyone has to accept our new fairy overlord. :p

WYR Bring back Mute City (Melee) or Rainbow Road (3DS)?

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
3DS Rainbow Road

WYR have another stage like Palutena's Temple (big, but relatively obstacle-free) or Pictochat (small, but it's packed to the brim with spicy death)?

The former, if it means I can guarantee Lip gets brought back and everyone has to accept our new fairy overlord. :p
Uh, excuse me? I already have a fairy overlord, thank you very much, and her name is-- *realizes what I'm about to reference, changes it at last second* Err, Tinkerbell... (phew! that was a close one!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom