• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

NoahAbc12345

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoahAbc12345
3DS FC
0533-7503-7099
Switch FC
SW-6610-5519-8798
Criketune!

Would you rather have the original eight and the secret four or just the original eight in the base roster?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Original Eight and the Secret Four. That sounds like a movie title.

WYR see the return of Wobbling or the return of edgehogging?

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Original Eight and the Secret Four. That sounds like a movie title.

WYR see the return of Wobbling or the return of edgehogging?
Edgehoging easily. Wobbling is an infinite that can rack up imsane damage with good timing, while edgehogging is a strategy that can lead to KO's. I do not think wobbling is cheap, as it relies on being grabbed and can be avoided, but edgehogging affects all characters instead of just one and defines an aspect of the metagame.

Would you rather see Earthworm Jim as a playable character, or a Battletoad like Rash as a playable character?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Earthworm Jim

WYR make :4villagerf: the default outfit for :ultvillager:, or make :4wiifitm: the default outfit for :ultwiifittrainer:?
Make female Villager the default one. I can’t stand male Wii Fit Trainer

WYR have Ken and Incineroar or Black Knight and Geno as the last two characters

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ken and Incineroar

WYR have Geno and Minecraft Steve as the last two characters or Isaac and Skull Kid?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Geno and Steve

WYR have Waluigi revealed through a trailer that heavily teases Geno until a second before the splash screen, where it's revealed "Geno" was Waluigi in a costume, or have him revealed after the AT portion of a direct by Sakurai just saying "speaking of Assist Trophies, Waluigi will be making the jump to playable!", showing off his render and no gameplay?

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Geno and Steve

WYR have Waluigi revealed through a trailer that heavily teases Geno until a second before the splash screen, where it's revealed "Geno" was Waluigi in a costume, or have him revealed after the AT portion of a direct by Sakurai just saying "speaking of Assist Trophies, Waluigi will be making the jump to playable!", showing off his render and no gameplay?
The first one, IT WILL BE SO HILARIOUS XD !

WYR have a Wii Balance Board as a character or Epona ?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Fossil Fighters.

WYR have 2 new Zelda semiclones or 1 new completely unique Zelda character?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Fossil Fighters.

WYR have 2 new Zelda semiclones or 1 new completely unique Zelda character?
I'll take the two semi-clones, hopefully Impa is one of them.

WYR Have Squad Strike or Smashdown playable online?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Definitely Squad Strike

WYR have Mute City (Melee) or Pokefloats return?

D

Deleted member

A Fortnite character.

Would you rather have Luffy in Smash or Ichigo in Smash?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
A Fortnite character.

Would you rather have Luffy in Smash or Ichigo in Smash?
Luffy. He'd make for a fun character and we don't have any straight up pirates in Smash. (Ridley is a Space Pirate, but nothing about his design yells pirate. K. Rool owns a ship and was Kaptain once, but I consider him more of a king. Toon Link only worked with pirates)

WYR get Bubsy as a playable fighter, or The Noid?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
hard choice, I love both of those characters, but I'd have to go with the Noid due to better moveset potential.

WYR have be Shadow Mario, Tiny Wario, Peachette or Dr. Luigi? either way, they'll be an echo.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Peachette.

WYR (not including characters and stages that have already been announced) have the total stages in Ultimate be 150 with the total number of characters (excluding echoes) is 80 OR the total stages are 120 and the total number of characters (excluding echoes) is 100?

Last edited:

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Peachette.

WYR (not including characters and stages that have already been announced) have the total stages in Ultimate be 150 with the total number of characters (excluding echoes) is 80 OR the total stages are 120 and the total number of characters (excluding echoes) is 100?
100 characters / 120 stages, for sure! 20 characters is certainly worth more than 30 stages to me.

WYR have alternate costumes or new stages as DLC?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I couldn't even name 100 characters for Smash Bros, and I think even that is an excessive number considering Echo Fighters are not included. 80 seems like a reasonable number for the Ultimate Smash Bros to be perfectly honest.

Now stages on the other hand I really want more of, and it can help balance out the character to stage ratio from with in franchises. None of that 7:3 crap Fire Emblem brings, or the 4:1 crap Yoshi brings. No offense Zinith Zinith .

So I'm going with 150 stages and 80 fighters.

Would you rather have Hector or Viridi as a new fighter?

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Peachette.

100 fighters/120 stages
Viridi over Hector
New stages

WYR Get Lanky Kong or Slippy (from Star Fox)?

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Three people originally did the same one? Wow.

Well for the one above mine, I pick Slippy. Hopefully it's still above mine when this is posted.

Would you rather have Crash Bandicoot, or Rayman?

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Tails as a Sonic semi-clone with a different Up-B

Which stage WYR this song play on? Midgar, Bridge of Eldin OR Norfair?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Tails as a Sonic semi-clone with a different Up-B

Which stage WYR this song play on? Midgar, Bridge of Eldin OR Norfair?
What a random song, lol. I'd pick Midgar, as it only has 2 music tracks on it.

Would you rather be able to toggle which assist trophies appear in a menu, or have the stronger ones separated into a separate item like the Master Ball for Pokemon?

Room100

Smash Apprentice
Super Memey

WYR get the 30th anniversary orchestras for Zelda and Kirby as part of the soundtrack OR get parts of the Batman: Arkham soundtrack in Smash?
30th Anniversaries!

WYR have just Break the Targets come back but each fighter gets their own tailored stage, or have BtT/Board the Platforms/Race to the Finish come back but only have 1-3 variants?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Final Fantasy stages. They said they needed more songs, right? :troll:

WYR have the audience more involved in matches (i.e. have them throw tomatoes/stones at their least favorite fighter, give their most favorite fighter beneficial items, etc.) or play Super Smash Bros. in First Person/Virtual Reality?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Final Fantasy stages. They said they needed more songs, right? :troll:

WYR have the audience more involved in matches (i.e. have them throw tomatoes/stones at their least favorite fighter, give their most favorite fighter beneficial items, etc.) or play Super Smash Bros. in First Person/Virtual Reality?
I'd pick audience involvement, if only for the fact that Game & Watch would be OP in First Person. You wouldn't be able to see him!

WYR have matchmaking based on player performance on For Glory, or have tournaments, Squad Strike and Smashdown playable online?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
the prior.

WYR have a bigger emphasis on 3rd parties (with a notable amount of new Sonic characters), or a bigger emphasis on obscure Nintendo series? (StarTropics, Drill Dozer, Mole Mania, e.t.c.)

Top Bottom