• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
the prior.

WYR have a bigger emphasis on 3rd parties (with a notable amount of new Sonic characters), or a bigger emphasis on obscure Nintendo series? (StarTropics, Drill Dozer, Mole Mania, e.t.c.)
Obscure Nintendo

WYR get a ton of boss characters from Nintendo games as fighters (Marx, Dimentio, etc.) or you have the magical ability to reuse a fighter in Smashdown?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Obscure Nintendo

WYR get a ton of boss characters from Nintendo games as fighters (Marx, Dimentio, etc.) or you have the magical ability to reuse a fighter in Smashdown?
I'll take more playable characters over defeating the purpose of a gameplay mode, lol. I like playing with most of the roster anyways.

Would you rather have all assist trophies return, or all Pokeball Pokemon return? Neither of these count those that became playable characters.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
all ATs. anything to see Jill again!

WYR have your most obscure/unpopular dream character get a sudden groundswell of support, or have your most popular (in Smash communities at least) dream character get in the game, period?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
all ATs. anything to see Jill again!

WYR have your most obscure/unpopular dream character get a sudden groundswell of support, or have your most popular (in Smash communities at least) dream character get in the game, period?
With a reboot of the franchise with a reduced roster looming over the horizon whenever the next Smash game after Ultimate ultimately gets made, I'll take a popular character getting added now (Geno) rather than getting people excited for an obscure/unpopular character that may only have a slim chance at DLC in Ultimate. I'm pragmatic and don't like to gamble. Even after how popular Inkling became, they didn't get added in Smash 4.

WYR keep the content as-is, or cut the amount of music in half to add two (plausible, popular in the Smash communities) Smash characters playable to the game?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
keep the content as is. (also, I'd be ticked off it that reboot did become a reality, and I image 80% of the Smash fandom would agree)

WYR have Masked Man or the Plasm Wraith playable?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
keep the content as is. (also, I'd be ticked off it that reboot did become a reality, and I image 80% of the Smash fandom would agree)

WYR have Masked Man or the Plasm Wraith playable?
Masked Man (See Signature)

WYR get Magolor and Midna or Vaati and Fawful playable? (Thinking on the idea of magic users)

ChameleonD98

Smash Rookie
Masked Man (See Signature)

WYR get Magolor and Midna or Vaati and Fawful playable? (Thinking on the idea of magic users)
I'm gonna have to go with Magolor and Midna, because IMO, they're much cooler characters.

Would you rather have your most-wanted character as an Assist Trophy, or not in at all?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to go with Magolor and Midna, because IMO, they're much cooler characters.

Would you rather have your most-wanted character as an Assist Trophy, or not in at all?
Assist trophy, as my most-wanted character has virtually no chance of getting into the game as it is. Getting to see him with a 3D model and do a couple attacks before leaving would be cooler than nothing at all, and there's always that slim chance that they'd get the Little Mac treatment.

WYR Your main get a total rebalancing and new set of moves, or a current echo get tweaked and modified into a semi-clone?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
My main get a total rebalancing and new set of moves

WYR have Crash Bandicoot or Rayman playable?

D

Deleted member

Rayman.

Would you rather have Ragna for Smash or Scorpion for Smash?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Ragna. It'd be weird to have a toned-down Scorpion to fit into Smash's E-10 rating.

WYR have two villains from 3rd party franchises already in Smash as playable characters, or two retro Nintendo characters from currently-unrepresented series?

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Ragna. It'd be weird to have a toned-down Scorpion to fit into Smash's E-10 rating.

WYR have two villains from 3rd party franchises already in Smash as playable characters, or two retro Nintendo characters from currently-unrepresented series?
3rd party villains

WYR have Banjo, Conker, or Rash?

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Conker

Would you rather have every character from super smash bros lawl in smash ultimate, or have every character from smash 64 be removed?

Last edited:

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Gimme those Smash Lawl characters, I'm hyped to see Billy Mays dominate the meta.

WYR get a Bowser's Castle stage or an Airship stage?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Bowser's Castle

WYR have every fictional character, ever, join, or every US and Russian/Soviet leader since 1776 joins?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
*sigh* Every fictional character ever.

Would you rather have a character with extremely high damage output but extremely low killing power or a character with extremely high killing power but extremely low damage output?

By damage output, I mean how much damage a character can deal in a given amount of time, which is determined by the damage data of the character's moves, how easy it is for the character to land hits (particularly with their most damaging moves and their combo starters (with how easily a move connects being determined primarily by frame data and range)), and how well the character's moves synergize with each other and the character's attributes to facilitate combos. By kill power, I mean how easily the character scores KOs, which is determined by the knockback data of the character's moves, how easily the character can connect with their high-knockback attacks (which is determined primarily by frame data and range), and how well the character edgeguards. (And, yes, it is possible for a character to have high damage output but low kill power; low kill power means that the character struggles to kill enemies under 250% or something ridiculous like that.)

Last edited:

FNUStory

Smash Cadet
High Damage, Low Killing Power.

Would you rather bring back Icicle Mountain from Melee, or Rumble Falls from Brawl?

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Livin’ In the city

Would you rather have Every character be super fat, or have all the newcomers be spongebob characters?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
fat... for um... reasons... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

WYR have every character unlocked from the start, or all the newcomers unrevealed until launch, where they are the only unlockable characters?

D

Deleted member

All the newcomers be unlockable.

Would you rath give :ultlink: a new moveset where his right arm is a prosthetic arm that utilizes multiple gadgets such as a crossbow, hookshot like chain and sickle, arm blades, and fire/ice/electric blasts or give:ultsamus: a new moveset where she uses a gauntlet that has a chainsaw blade, create force fields, utilize telekinesis, and an “icethrower”?

Last edited by a moderator:

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
I'll go with the Samus option, it feels like more of a natural extension of her moveset via suit upgrades compared to Link's. Plus, Samus needs the moveset adjustment more.

WYR have an optional Noir or Vaporwave aesthetic filter available in Smash Ultimate (complete with music adjustments)?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Globglogabgalab and Seymour Skinner, the steamed hams memes alone would be worth it. I saw a Smash 4 mod on ZeRo's stream that turned Little Mac into Ned Flanders (complete with voice clips) and it was glorious.

WYR have the hazard toggle in Smash Ultimate only remove damaging effects from stages (e.g. Yellow Devil on Mega Man's stage, cars from Onett), or have the toggle also disable stage transitions (such as travelling stages or Metaknight's stage, you only play as what the stage starts as)?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The first one.

WYR have the Game Genie as a playable character with a moveset based on famous Game Genie cheats, or as an AT who messes up characters' controls, sometimes for better, sometimes for worse?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
The AT, I guess they need a new one if Skull Kid isn't reprising his AT role (still undetermined).

WYR be able to sort the stage selection screen, or be able to choose a song you want to play on the stage before the match (without having to adjust the probability sliders)?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Sonic, though that's only due to him having more options to work with than Pac-Man (that I can think of).

WYR get a new Punch-Out or Street Fighter AT?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Toxic Caves! Dang, that's one swanky beat.

WYR get Guzma's Theme or Gladion's Theme to represent Gen 7 Pokemon music?

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
ya boi Guzma, of course!

WYR have Ultimate's opening be done in a really well-drawn 2D animation or done in the really good CGI that Blizzard uses for the WoW trailer cinematics?

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Ms Pac-Man. I'll wait to see the fanarts of all smash girls in Ultimate drawn with Ms Pac-Man being in.

Would you rather have a Fortnite default character being in or a default Roblox character ?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Roblox Character

WYR have PokeTopia (from Pokemon Battle Revolution) OR Mt. Battle (from Pokemon Colosseum and XD) as a playable stage?

Top Bottom