• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

That's Gay

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Worst point ever. All that means is that all the gay ones are hiding it, because they know there's probably no one who would actually accept them. If you went to a religious school full of straight people, do you think you'd go around saying you're gay?
I'm sure there are people who struggle with that problem on our campus, but they don't act upon it, and if there here, they're probably trying to get better (go straight). If you are gay you aren't allowed in and you are kicked out if you are. It's a private school after all. I don't make the rules, that is just the way it is.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm sure there are people who struggle with that problem on our campus, but they don't act upon it, and if there here, they're probably trying to get better (go straight). If you are gay you aren't allowed in and you are kicked out if you are. It's a private school after all. I don't make the rules, that is just the way it is.
You're allowed to be gay, just not allowed to act upon it. But they won't deny you for being gay.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm sure there are people who struggle with that problem on our campus, but they don't act upon it
Then they're gay. It doesn't matter if they've had sex with a member of their gender. They're gay (or bisexual) if they're attracted to a member of their own gender.

Denying that they are gay is like saying a straight person isn't straight unless they've had sex. It's bull****.

and if there here, they're probably trying to get better (go straight).

"Get better"? What makes you think that being gay is anything that needs to be made "better"? It's not a disease, okay. There's no need to cure it.

What makes you think that being straight is any better than being gay, other than blind faith in your religion?

If you are gay you aren't allowed in and you are kicked out if you are. It's a private school after all. I don't make the rules, that is just the way it is.
Sounds like a horrible place for someone who happens to be gay.

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
I myself once traveled the ex-gay path, and met plenty of lovely people with wonderful hearts along the way. To be honest, I do believe that some of the people who go that way end up in honest, fulfilling heterosexual relationships. I think sexuality is much more pliable than any of us would like to think.

But I'm inclined to agree with Mediocre. It's not really for everyone, and christianity most certainly doesn't warrant the mistreatment of homosexuals. Nobody should have to live in such repressive circumstances.

Edit: Also, it should be said that the ones who hide their true sexuality because of fear of judgment from others, are going to be hurt much worse by the negative treatment of homosexuality. If someone who's struggling within themselves to know who they are, is constantly being told by others that being gay is bad and stupid and wrong, it's going to hurt them severely. It doesn't matter if they've acted on it or not, they will interpret every one of those comments as "you are bad, you are stupid, your are wrong."

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
I agree a lot with Aruun, sexuality isn't a clear cut thing. I personally find it very awkward that so many people consider themselves straight or gay. Is a person's body really that much more important than their soul?

The rain falls on homosexuals the same way it falls on straight people, and the wind pushes both the same as well. Nature doesn't seem to really care, so why should anyone else?

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I cant help it. I call everything gay. On my first day at my job. I was working really hard and just about finished when about thirty people came in. I was like, "this is gay". I didnt know my boss was gay and I just kept calling everything gay.

P.S. he didnt get offended.

Decoy Octopus

Smash Apprentice
Jesus ****ing Christ.

I'm sorry, but I have no respect for a closeminded, tunnel-visioned little ignorant bigots.

I may sound like I'm being harsh, but you have no right to put your lifestyle on a pedestal just because a book (a book written by men) says it's the only way to live. Christianity teaches you to love thy neighbor, not to exclude and ostracize, and it doesn't matter if you do it with a smile, you're doing just that when you tell people their feelings are wrong.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
^It's also just a piece of literature, like Harry Potter. You don't have to read it :)

Decoy Octopus

Smash Apprentice
Uh... I'm not sure what you mean by that. If that was meant to somehow reverse my points, I never made any attacks on the Bible itself, bub. Reading comprehension -- it's fun!

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Uh... I'm not sure what you mean by that. If that was meant to somehow reverse my points, I never made any attacks on the Bible itself, bub. Reading comprehension -- it's fun!
Context clues are more fun though.
A lot of the strife that comes with feelings of sadness etc. stem from people's views that are based on this book "written by men". A lot of people don't think that 's what Christianity is about though. I'm glad you do, neighbor~ :)

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Worst point ever. All that means is that all the gay ones are hiding it, because they know there's probably no one who would actually accept them. If you went to a religious school full of straight people, do you think you'd go around saying you're gay?
When you tell homosexual children "Homosexuals are sinners and go to hell" or something like that, more or less direct. Then that is REALLY going to affect the homosexual children. In their minds they are "God hates gay people, I'm raised with a religious priority. Therefore, I must not be gay." They then will try to get ANYTHING that has to do with homosexuality out of their heads. Ofcourse this does not apply to all gay children, but most I assume. Religious school sucks.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I believe in the bible 100%, and it was written by men, yes, but they we're listen to God while they wrote it.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I believe in the bible 100%, and it was written by men, yes, but they we're listen to God while they wrote it.
Also the Council of Nicea was listening to God when they decided what books were canon, and all the monks were listening to god while recopying it and all the people who translated it were also listening to God--but he spoke in their language that time obviously.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Me too (at least I try to believe in the Bible), but I'd don't mind gay people.

If God says being gay is a sin, then fine, I won't be gay. I guess, luckily, I'm straight, so I never had to struggle with the problems gay people face, especially Christian gays.

There are lots of sins besides being gay. Getting drunk is a sin (though drinking alcohol isn't); hating someone is a sin. But I don't ostracize people who get drunk or are full of hate. Likewise, I don't mind the company of gays. I'm friends with a few.

The Bible specifically says not to force your ways onto other people. You are supposed to be an example to others--they are supposed to see you and think, "I wish I could be more like that guy." You shouldn't tell them what to do.

I bet kids at sugarpoultry's school have premarital sex. That's condemned in the Bible. But I doubt they're expelled for it.

It angers me that people have latched onto condemning homosexuality as if were the worst thing in the world. It's no worse than being a chronic lier in God's eyes.

Dibs

Smash Lord
That's Black
That's White
That's Mexican
That's Indian
That's Asian
That's Oriental
That's Hindu
That's European
That's Australian
That's ********
That's Gay

spKz

Smash Ace
By saying some thing is Gay and mean it is Bad Stupid Crap , The list goes on, is implying that you think that homosexualty is that same.

Which means you are a homophobic , and you believe Homosexuals do not belong within our Community, which is raciest to say the least.

Thats wrong, i do believe everyone should have their opinion, but some should not express in such ways, how about using other words to fill that gap, and be more courtesy to other people.

To sum it up, you can say what you want, its a free world, freedom of speech and all, you should be careful of what words you choose, because you dont know what kind of company you will be with.

Ryusiodo

Smash Apprentice
That's straight....in a bad way. Additionally, sucks and screw don't exactly differentiate one person from another. The words suck and screw may refer to people who do certain stuff...but when you say them you don't single out a group and label them as "bad".

Blackadder

Smash Master
Sorry, I know this is flogging a dead horse, but that's a pretty homophobic view. That's pretty gay! :flame:
But seriously.
How is it becoming straight is "better"? What’s wrong with being gay? I know some gay people, and many of them are the nicest people you'll ever meet. Their sexuality takes nothing away from how good a person they are. And the school KICKS people OUT for being homosexual? I highly doubt that. I'm assuming you’re strong Catholic or Christian or summat. I go to a Catholic school (I'm agnostic anyways, I have no idea how I ended up there :laugh:) and the school has some gay people. But...we don't kick them out. It’s called being accepting of all people. *Gasp* even if their gay!
Incidentally, southern American was racist not 60 years ago, and now it’s (Mainly) different. I’m sure you wouldn’t hate on a black guy, so why hate on a gay guy?

I think you're in need of opening your eyes. Nothing is wrong with being gay at all.
Oh yeah, on topic:

I don't find it offensive to gays, as it's kinda taken on a new meaning, and I know gay people that say "Damm, that's gay!". I think it's fine to say, really.

It's just the latest word to say. I'm sure in 70 years some new word will be around.
"That's croosh!" or something.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
That's Black
That's White
That's Mexican
That's Indian
That's Asian
That's Oriental
That's Hindu
That's European
That's Australian
That's ********
That's Gay
I don't know if you were trying to make me laugh but you did.

Dibs

Smash Lord
If I'm making the someone laugh while he's too naked for words.. Then that is what I intented.

Jammer

Smash Lord
It's just the latest word to say. I'm sure in 70 years some new word will be around.
"That's croosh!" or something.
You know what? I've always wanted something to say besides "that sucks" or "that's gay" when I don't like something. So now I'll say "that crooshes" or "that's croosh" instead. Thank you so much, Blackadder.

Blackadder

Smash Master
You know what? I've always wanted something to say besides "that sucks" or "that's gay" when I don't like something. So now I'll say "that crooshes" or "that's croosh" instead. Thank you so much, Blackadder.
No, thank YOU Jammer.
I got a good, long chuckle from reading that. :p

Well, my day has been made.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
For the record, I try to change it up and say "That's George Michael" or "Rosie O'Donald gay" (back when she claimed to be straight and it just was a reference to her large girth. Why? Habit mostly. It was so in grained in my head that being called "Gay" was a death sentence and in fact I was even attacked in Elementary school because these two kids would start calling me that, then said they'd kill me. It was odd.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Some people even say "that's so Brokeback" nowadays, which to me sounds really sad.

The word gay itself is something I don't agree with. It's such a short 3 letter word but it has so much meaning behind it and affects many people upong its utterance. Some people don't use that word and are, by definition, "gay", but it's associated with a social culture that's totally distant from what they believe in.

What's irritating is people referring to "girly things" as being gay. Why not just say that's so girly instead of immediately calling it gay. For example, a "straight" guy dancing flamboyantly to a Britney Spears song is apparently "gay" and not "girly" or simply "flamboyant".....stereotypes huh?

Ice Puff

Smash Cadet
Calling something gay isn't the same as saying it sucks because even if you have nothing against gay people, it can still have negative effects. Someone around you might be bigoted and take it as a sign that such bigotry is fine and normal. It could also effect an actual gay person. If they are not out to you, they could feel unsafe. If they are out, they still probably hear it as an insult allot and hearing you say it doesn't help either, even if they know you have nothing against you. Some take it with a grain of salt. Some can be really hurt by it.

(I'm gay, by the way)

Ice Puff

Smash Cadet
That's Black
That's White
That's Mexican
That's Indian
That's Asian
That's Oriental
That's Hindu
That's European
That's Australian
That's ********
That's Gay
All terrible, terrible things to say. Unfortunately, the bottom two, where I live at least, are normal insults and put-downs.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
someone(too lazy to scroll) said, "why is being gay bad?"

it's not natural. two humans of the same sex can't reproduce. Yeah, some people can't help it, but that doesn't mean being gay is normal

that statement was so Eor

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I remember watching ugly Betty and these guys saw something nerdy and said "that's gay" and the gay guy pops out of nowhere and says "no it's not". I lol'd.

Ice Puff

Smash Cadet
someone(too lazy to scroll) said, "why is being gay bad?"

it's not natural. two humans of the same sex can't reproduce. Yeah, some people can't help it, but that doesn't mean being gay is normal

that statement was so Eor
Just because we can not reproduce with a same-sex partner does not make us unnatural. We are born with our orientation and can not choose it, same as any heterosexual. To us, being with a same sex partner feels right, and being with someone of the opposite sex would feel unnatural. Calling our feelings and orientation unnatural just because we can not reproduce is an overdone argument with no realsubstance.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
All people are born with attractions to both sexes, experience leads to what you choose.

I'm not saying being gay is really wrong, just not normal. I'm ok with gay people, I know a few, I just can't agree with their sexuality. Well, I understand why other men might be totally hot for ME, but others?

Top Bottom