• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaomen

Smash Cadet
I'm having a weird problem about CSPs right here...

I've downloaded a lot of textures, and made my own CSPs (since most of the time they aren't included, sadly). Everything works, no errors, no freezes when those CSPs load in-game.
Someone got a few of these CSPs from me, but it doesn't work for him (Note: He doesn't use every CSP I have, but it does seem the one I gave him doesn't work). He gets an error:
ERROR: falco is too big
You should reduce the amount of colors in modified portraits.
So I check the amount of colors, which is 72.
Then I try to create the files using only that CSP, and I get the same error.
I change the amount of colors to 64, still the same error.
Then I put in all my CSPs (including the falco6, which gave the errors), and everything's fine.
Note that it was the exact same file. Even the file name is the same.

So... What caused the error, and how can it be fixed?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
How long is it going to take for PW to finally fix the code so the mu_menumain.pac works with it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm having a weird problem about CSPs right here...

I've downloaded a lot of textures, and made my own CSPs (since most of the time they aren't included, sadly). Everything works, no errors, no freezes when those CSPs load in-game.
Someone got a few of these CSPs from me, but it doesn't work for him (Note: He doesn't use every CSP I have, but it does seem the one I gave him doesn't work). He gets an error:

ERROR: falco is too big
You should reduce the amount of colors in modified portraits.
So I check the amount of colors, which is 72.
Then I try to create the files using only that CSP, and I get the same error.
I change the amount of colors to 64, still the same error.
Then I put in all my CSPs (including the falco6, which gave the errors), and everything's fine.
Note that it was the exact same file. Even the file name is the same.

So... What caused the error, and how can it be fixed?
Give the portrait a smaller palette. Sometimes, you may have to use less colors for the big portraits, especially when doing Kirby portraits, Jigglypuff portraits, or even Emerald texture portraits.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
What do you name a file that is replacing an effect texture? Such as the color of the sword swipes for Marth or MK.
Either FitMarth.pac or FitMarthMotionEtc.pac for Marth, for example. For slashes, I THINK it should be "FitMarth.pac", but I've yet to figure out a foolproof method for figuring it out, so if one doesn't work, try the other.

i have a question. how do you use photoshop to make character textures? the only thing i know how to do is basic coloring of the .tga files if that.
Basically you just edit the textures the same way you'd edit anything else, to your liking. Then, when saving it, be SURE to save the .tga as a 16-bit file, and make it compressed. (Assuming your Photoshop is the same as mine.)

n00b question here.

My song for Yoshi's Island turns off and on, switching out with another song on the game. Is there something I have to do to make it consistent?
I'll refer to the OP for this:

About Yoshi's Island (Brawl) Obstacle Course: When you replace E06 you must also replace E07 and cut the song at its half point. What's the reason? Well, if you just replace E06, when it changes to Winter Obstacle Course will still play! Then when it changes back to Spring or Summer, it goes back to the song you replaced E06 with. Why cut it in half? Because the season will change and if you don't, then the song will just start over again when Winter comes... and that won't sound pretty. Or you could also just change E07 to a different song and have 2 songs on YI (Brawl) Obstacle Course.

The other solution for this is to use Phantom Wing's My Music Swap code to switch Obstacle Course with a song you haven't changed yet and then replace that song accordingly on YI (Brawl) and than you won't have to deal with E07 at all.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Either FitMarth.pac or FitMarthMotionEtc.pac for Marth, for example. For slashes, I THINK it should be "FitMarth.pac", but I've yet to figure out a foolproof method for figuring it out, so if one doesn't work, try the other.
Here's a foolproof method: If it's a physical item (Such as a Yo-Yo or a Cape), then it's Fit___MotionEtc.pac. Otherwise, go with Fit___.pac.
Although entrances go under Fit___Entry.pac and Final Smashes go under Fit___Final.pac.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Here's a foolproof method: If it's a physical item (Such as a Yo-Yo or a Cape), then it's Fit___MotionEtc.pac. Otherwise, go with Fit___.pac.
Although entrances go under Fit___Entry.pac and Final Smashes go under Fit___Final.pac.
I've tried that, though, and it doesn't seem to pan out for me. For example, I have a texture for both Fox's Up B and Falco's Up B. You would think they would both be the same texture -- Fit___.pac, as it's not a physical item, but Fox's is MotionEtc and Falco's is the FitFalco.pac. Also, the Ike slash I have is MotionEtc, but I would think that would be FitIke.pac.

Unless I'm calculating it wrong or something, which IS altogether possible. I mean, my current method seems to work out pretty well, albeit slightly less convenient.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I've tried that, though, and it doesn't seem to pan out for me. For example, I have a texture for both Fox's Up B and Falco's Up B. You would think they would both be the same texture -- Fit___.pac, as it's not a physical item, but Fox's is MotionEtc and Falco's is the FitFalco.pac. Also, the Ike slash I have is MotionEtc, but I would think that would be FitIke.pac.

Unless I'm calculating it wrong or something, which IS altogether possible. I mean, my current method seems to work out pretty well, albeit slightly less convenient.
I never tried the Fox and Falco, but for Ike, I'm 100% sure that is FitIke.pac, since I've made a couple of those.

mdr

Smash Rookie
Giga Bowser

is there a certain character key # for giga bowser or is it the same as bowsers?:confused:

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
I need help starting on CSPs,

I had made a ton in the past for myself, although I was having issues with game freezes. Before I ever figured out what was wrong, I lost my SD card and had to start over. I recovered most of my textures, but I have to start over on making CSPs for them.

Here's the problem: I downloaded CSPTools and I did all the steps up until step1_extract. When I do that part, I get an early error that includes something to the effect of:

could not find CUPASH-mod\neededfiles\002.pac

and

could not find CUPASH-mod\neededfiles\*.tmp

this may not be the exact wording. Anyway, it continues extracting and later in it keeps saying "invalid table offset, press any key to continue" and after a while it just finishes. When I go to the templates folder, I'm missing several tgas. What's going on?

- BlueFoxXT

x Mackadotious

Smash Rookie
this is BlueFoxXT

I tried on my friend's computer, and I guess i just didnt get the problem on this one. So nevermind.

For those with this issue, try on another (better) computer?

Atex-Error

Smash Rookie
um sorry if this has been asked before but where is Ness' hands when doing a texture?

i can't find it

i just want to give Ness Gloves but how?

Zanza125

Smash Rookie
The +1 textures are giving me a hell of a lot of trouble for what I want to do.

All I am trying to do it make Fox's Blaster black and white, no colors.
That part I can do easily.

But when I have to index the image(s), I am not sure how to do this. I have tried many ways, and I can even get the +2 textures to work, but the +1's are a hassle.

ASH gives me the lines (when I type yes, as to add the texture file) :

Code:
error:
TCSetPalettes: file 01BLASTER001\TEX#00_09+1.TGA has no palette

total alloc: 528556
total freed: 528556
created tpl 01.tpl
(and the same for the second blaster part)
Fox's headgear works fine though.

How can I solve this?

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
So I feel stupid for even asking, but after 3 hours of searching smashboards and google I still have no answer.

Topic: effect texture hacks on certain toons

Example: mario white cape

What do I do with this pac file?

I read to put it in his fighter folder. I did. Labeled it fitmario.pac, no effect. Labeled it fitmario00.pac, no effect. Dropped it in with it's downloaded name of whitecape.pac, no effect.

I'm stumped. And have most recently found something stating I may need to make a new folder in my pf menu?

How do I make mario's cape white? Or use mewtwo's charge balls?

I've become desperate, given up, and taken the easy way out of asking people who have been at this much longer than me. I appreciate you! Thanks!

P.S. Yes, 3 hours. And countless searches using the search engine here for "effect texture" and "effect texture hack" and "effect hack" and all brought me to this thread...go figure!

Edit: Okay, so fitmariomotionetc.pac worked. White cape check. Sword effects for anyone still not working, nor is the shadowball. :(

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Okay, so fitmariomotionetc.pac worked. White cape check. Sword effects for anyone still not working, nor is the shadowball. :(
Sword effects are the Fit___.pac. Same with Shadow Ball (But you might as well just download the Mewtwo PSA hack for that, since it has more darkness effects).

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
do i need to rename the .pac i get for stages? wen i download a stage/boss its usually completely renamed to somthing like "gaytabuu.pac" do i need to rename it (im preety sure i do) if i do where can i find out what to name it too?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
you need to rename it to fitcharacter0X.pac where character = name of the character and X = number corresponding to the costume you want replaced. there's a list in the OP.

kirox777

Smash Apprentice
no. a stage i kno how to add a character already but what if i get a stage that is fully renamed how do i kno what to rename it to like tabuu is 920801.pac

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
no. a stage i kno how to add a character already but what if i get a stage that is fully renamed how do i kno what to rename it to like tabuu is 920801.pac
There's lists floating around that have those kinds of things.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
is there a certain character key # for giga bowser or is it the same as bowsers?:confused:
All 6 Bowser textures use the single Giga Bowser texture; FitGKoopa00.

Likewise, all 12 Wario textures use the single Wario-Man texture; FitWarioMan00.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I have a problem.
For CSP's, I'm trying to convert my TGA file into the .brres to put into my SD Card.
I try to run step run, but it doesnt want to cooperate and says i have an error :(
May someone help me please? Or even better, is there someone who is willing to convert it for me?

hiROI

Smash Lord
So, I made my own CSP, and when I run it through the homebrew, everything is fine until we are in the stage selection screen. When I select the stage, it freezes. help?

flaw

Smash Apprentice
I'm using brawl+ nightly, which has the 3.5.1 code in it. I've setup the directories like I'm supposed to. Everytime I go to use a character texture, it doesn't work in the game, but brawl+ works fine minus some random freezing.

The weird part is if I go back to the card, my texture files are being renamed to like old school file system file name limitation. For example, if I try to use a FitSZeroSuit01.pcs texture, it gets renamed to FITQZE~1.pcs which isn't even a proper abbreviation (wtf q?). Same thing for other characters. Characters I don't use are not renamed by the Wii. If I run a chkdsk after the cards been in the Wii, it throws a fit and comes up with tons of errors.

Is this the 3.5.1 code? Should I try 2.1a? or b? I only want costumes.

I've made sure there is no gamecube memory card, my SD Card is 2Gb and not SDHC, and I've tried both fat16 and fat32 formatted cards. Tried different cards and card readers.

EDIT: I tried only using 2.1a and some textures worked right away. But then I tried to use them in a second game and it stopped working and sure enough, I checked the card and they were all renamed. Does it matter much that I play zerosuitsamus?

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Step 8 says to type the name of the song, but when I type the name of the song, it doesn't say press enter. Whats wrong?

Meccs

@Meccs_
Still need help trying to get my CSS and SSS to work without having to first go into "with anyone"... can anyone help? I need help by like 5ish...
edit: found out that one of the codes I had on there, I think it was the SSS was messing it up.

Eljin

Smash Ace
i tried doing it the way posted but wen i put my sd card back in the wii gecko OS didnt even pop up thru homebrew nd it froze the wii... now my blue light died on my wii cuz of that. n e who i got brawl + 2 work again so thats good, but can sum1 help me with texture hacking via AIM plz?

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Can you get banned from Online if you use Texture / Stage / Replay hacks? I heard something about that...

Jeps

Smash Cadet
I've used textures online with anyone and I've never been banned before but I do get disconnected from a match after a few seconds

Atex-Error

Smash Rookie
"I THINK" the only thing that could get you banned are probably music replacements like switching music around because people could actually hear it, being Wario Man, Giga Bowser and i believe hacked stages.

textures won't get you banned because YOU can only see them, if you use textures online, you will see the texture but the other players would not because it would Desync.

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Is the music part of this guide so that I can turn my Metallica songs into game songs? Or is it a guide on how to switch songs that are already in the game so it pops up at different stages (which is what I'd like)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom