• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah, you go to the regular one and fixed it so the first 5 character works, either by adding the first 5 of the normal one to the ASHed on or removing 5 characters from the ASHed one so it works.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you go to the regular one and fixed it so the first 5 character works, either by adding the first 5 of the normal one to the ASHed on or removing 5 characters from the ASHed one so it works.
Sorry if I'm disturbing you, but I still couldn't make it work. I made a comparison here, check it :

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9822/compared.jpg

(Direct link because image was too big)

Am I doing something wrong? Again, sorry if I'm disturbing you. :(

Wanky

Smash Rookie
Hey, I got a regular SD card and the Brawl+ 4.1 Premade SD package. Anyone know if this already comes with the codes for textures, or if I need to add it in? If so, how?

Okay. I am in need of serious help. I haven't a clue how to use the code manager. Where exactly do you paste the codes, and input the name and stuff?
Thanks in advance :D

glasscitysd

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna give you a generic guide because its a very broad subject.

Neogamma might have a feature in its options to use codes. This would be Gecko OS 1.07. If so, just put the codes in the regular location.

Remember, there is a 256 line limit. Therefore, you have to use loaders for this. Use a double .gct, with a Dynamic SD Loader for your codes .gct, and the Brawl+ one in the pf folder. Then there is snapshot, where you export a snapshot loader and make the code into a snapshot on your SD card.

cIOScorp has an installer and is a Homebrew app but is worse than Softcorp and allows you to play backups through Gecko OS regularly or through the disc channel if the update is patched.

Off to play tennis :)
wow i guess all this is harder than i thought... i dont know how to do a double gct or whatever or what a dynamic sd loader even is.. i just made my gct byw copying the code putting it in a txt file then loading it thourgh the cheat manger app in hombrew then made it a gct file through that? but im confused is this guide for playing the codes through a retail disc on gecko or playing them through a usb loader? if anyone could help me with these questions it be GREATLY appreciated..

ajisai

Smash Rookie
Could someone please help me? This is a question about character texture swapping.

I have gotten the codes to work but when I go into vs mode nothing new comes up. I switched through each color for the character texture I modified, link, and nothing came up. I thought that it might be just the character icon that did not change but that was not the case as when I entered battle nothing was different again.

Here is my folder setup - is there something BLATANTLY wrong that is visible here?

Thanks for the help.

Wanky

Smash Rookie
It comes with the code for textures.
Okay, now I have a new question.

The textures didn't work the first time, so I went back into my pf folder and found that my textures for link were named "fitlink00.pcs". Does it have to be "FitLink00.pcs"? (Is it case-sensitive)

ajisai

Smash Rookie
Could someone please help me? This is a question about character texture swapping.

I have gotten the codes to work but when I go into vs mode nothing new comes up. I switched through each color for the character texture I modified, link, and nothing came up. I thought that it might be just the character icon that did not change but that was not the case as when I entered battle nothing was different again.

Here is my folder setup - is there something BLATANTLY wrong that is visible here?

Thanks for the help.
Nevermind this post. I found out my problem. I was using SDHC. I am using my 2GB instead of my 4GB stick and it works fine now.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Nevermind this post. I found out my problem. I was using SDHC. I am using my 2GB instead of my 4GB stick and it works fine now.
Omg, you are the pinnacle of new users. You show exactly everything with a screenshot, find your issue, and ask it in the proper place. We need more people like you asking questions lol.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
wow i guess all this is harder than i thought... i dont know how to do a double gct or whatever or what a dynamic sd loader even is.. i just made my gct byw copying the code putting it in a txt file then loading it thourgh the cheat manger app in hombrew then made it a gct file through that? but im confused is this guide for playing the codes through a retail disc on gecko or playing them through a usb loader? if anyone could help me with these questions it be GREATLY appreciated..
Ok, I'll give you the complicated guide:

Many good programs are closed source. Open source is released for old versions but new versions aren't always released open source. Gecko OS is like this. Its latest open source version is 1.07b I believe, if not its 1.07.

Anyway, this means any program with codes built in has Ocarina or Gecko OS 1.07 built in, not one of the newer versions. Because of this, all USB Loader's, backup loaders and other things with built in codes can't handle more than 256 lines, while the latest regular GeckOS version, which works for discs and channels, can handle any number of lines.

However, 1.07 has SD support, which is very useful and helps people load longer codes. There are 2 ways to do this: Snapshot loading and double .gct.

Get the Brawl+ Tweaker and go to the loader codes and export either the Dynamic SD Loader or the snapshot hack one. For the snapshot hack, your gonna need to get Wii keys. You would export the snapshot code to the codes folder and use a Brawl+ or long code .gct and convert it to a .bin file, and put it in the snapshot folder named "al_[something].gct". Go into the game, go to the album, go to SD snapshots and open the garbled image and you have those codes activated.

The other method is very simple if you have textures set up. Simply export the Dynamic SD Loader 1.1 to your codes folder and put the long code .gct in your pf folder, with both being named RSBE01.gct (depends on region but it could be RSBJ or RSBP). Now, when the game starts, the long thing will be loaded.

Now, texture codes for snapshot hacking have to be put in the loader .gct because they have to load on startup for a few things.

Okay, now I have a new question.

The textures didn't work the first time, so I went back into my pf folder and found that my textures for link were named "fitlink00.pcs". Does it have to be "FitLink00.pcs"? (Is it case-sensitive)
Nope, it isn't case sensitive.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I just got a texture for pokemon trainer... but it doesn't have any pac files. I was under the impression that these are still necessary for the transforming characters PT, ZSS/Samus, and Zelda/Sheik.

In case you are curious, it is the Metroid Trainer from Stacksmash

Am I going to run into the default texture whenever I die/transform? or has this been fixed in a later version of the code

Adapt

Smash Lord
@ illinialex: So it's just the usual story of dropping the pcs into lz77ex and then renaming the .out.pcs to .pac?

And what were you referring to when you said "yeah it is" I could read that as pacs being necessary, or as it being fixed in the latest version of the code.

(answering an 'either/or' question with 'Yes' is never clear...)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
So it's just the usual story of dropping the pcs into lz77ex and then renaming the .out.pcs to .pac?

And what were you referring to when you said "yeah it is" I could read that as pacs being necessary, or as it being fixed in the latest version of the code.

(answering an 'either/or' question with 'Yes' is never clear...)
Pac's being necessary.

And yeah, drop it in and your fine.

max 2000

Smash Rookie
When I win (or loose) a match in the Brawl mode, the game sometimes freeze at the result screen, he stays here and doesn't go to the character selection screen Oo
I think it's the new texture&music code. How can I fix that?

(sorry if it has been already asked, busy to read 201 pages oO)

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
When I win (or loose) a match in the Brawl mode, the game sometimes freeze at the result screen, he stays here and doesn't go to the character selection screen Oo

I've actually been experiencing the same thing. Anyone know the solution?

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Would it be alright for me to use file patch 3.5.1 code on my NTSC-J copy of SSBB?

Exziron

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble with this:

I have Gecko v1.9. On the Code Manager I just put:
"File Replacement" in the 'add a code/comment/catagory' square (bottom left corner) and for Game ID I put "RSBE01"
for Game Name I put: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
and for the code I put in the one from NTSC and under that I click the button that says "Store Modifications", then under that I click "Export to GCT" then it goes on my SD Card... once I put in the FitCaptain01.pcs it doesn't work in brawl .. Help?

Yes I am opening brawl through the HomeBrew Channel
Yes I added the texture I wanted from downloading it from Stack Smash

Please msg me!!! Thank you!!!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm having trouble with this:

I have Gecko v1.9. On the Code Manager I just put:
"File Replacement" in the 'add a code/comment/catagory' square (bottom left corner) and for Game ID I put "RSBE01"
for Game Name I put: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
and for the code I put in the one from NTSC and under that I click the button that says "Store Modifications", then under that I click "Export to GCT" then it goes on my SD Card... once I put in the FitCaptain01.pcs it doesn't work in brawl .. Help?

Yes I am opening brawl through the HomeBrew Channel
Yes I added the texture I wanted from downloading it from Stack Smash

Please msg me!!! Thank you!!!
Good, are you loading it through GeckOS 1.9 in Homebrew? It sounds like the exporting it worked fine, did it say "Applying codes..." after saying SD codes found or did it say neither? That would point to a bad codes directory, and if its fine, it points to an SDHC or a bad pf directory.

teamrocketspy621

Smash Cadet
It depends on it, everything is inside the "item" folder in the pf folder. Want an example?
Uh, yeah, sure. I think I knew that Pokemon and Assist Trophies went in "item," but I didn't know if I needed to create any other folders within "item" for them.

Also, w00t Smash Child. I need to post more often.

max 2000

Smash Rookie

The Game sometimes freezes when I try to go to the Brawl mode too.
Any ideas?

Etarip Naisa

Smash Rookie
Need Help.

So I just hacked my Wii and installed Brawl+. I really wanted this texture.

http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=4131

After reading this guide, I create the directory "private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/marth" on my SD, relabel the .pcs as FitMarth01.pcs, and put this file into the "marth" folder.

Newby question #1: I can't switch to this texture when using Brawl+. What could I be doing wrong?
Newby question #2: (related) What do I do with the CSP folder?

Thanks in advance for any help! :-)

Etarip Naisa

Smash Rookie
Oh ok, so you already had textures working?? So its 4.1B?
*facepalm* So when I thought that the texture didn't work, I wasn't going any further than the CSS. OK, so the Kefka texture works. However, it came with a CSP folder with two files. What do I do with those? (I assume that they will let me see the texture in the CSS?) Thanks for all your help! :-)

EDIT: *Celebrates texture hack by using it as avatar*

Isoku

Smash Rookie
I've downloaded the brawl plusery official set 4.1 that supposedly includes textures for competitive play. I just copied everything onto my SD card don't see any texture changes for the characters included. I've waited for the characters to load, the directories are correct and correctly named, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could someone help?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Phantom Wings is reading this, but could you fix the problem of not reading the mu_menumain.pac file on the SD card?

Isoku

Smash Rookie
I've downloaded the brawl plusery official set 4.1 that supposedly includes textures for competitive play. I just copied everything onto my SD card don't see any texture changes for the characters included. I've waited for the characters to load, the directories are correct and correctly named, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Could someone help?
I figured out the problem :)
I was using an SDHC card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom