• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicLink

Smash Rookie
the wii freezes when i boot ssbb with gecko OS and ocarina... just a black screen...
are these codes for the PAL version?

Marshtomp8

Smash Rookie
and it seams Phantom has had no luck finding any porters. Everyone who wants a PAL port, go out and find one or better yet, find someone willing to teach us how to port, thus increasing the pal porters and the number of PAL accessible codes.

Unless Phantom HAS found one, and they are working on it. I for one am still going to go on the hunt for solution 1 and 2 and urge you to do the same as it is greatly unfair that america gets the code and the rest of the world can rot. (I know you cant do anything about this American users but it is still greatly unfair)

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Here ar some names:
paprika_killer
Link
Fred

These ar three pal porters.

I don't now where you can fnd Fred and Link,but you can find paprika_killer in the Gamespot forum

Marshtomp8

Smash Rookie
I couldnt find anything on Paprika Killer. if you can contact him then please do so Batandy. I've already asked "Master Hand" and "GaryGXJk" However I fear Gary may be too buisy with his Homsar MUGEN charicter...still, Im currently waiting a reply from both of them.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Question: If I'm not playing with Smash Balls on, do I need the pac files for Samus/ZSS, Bowser, and Wario?
I don't think you need them then, but ZSS doesn't work without transforming unless you have a custom select screen. Either way, I made .pac files for every character I use. All of them use pacs at some point in 1-player mode I think.

pikpikcarrotmon

Smash Rookie
Seems like disabling the custom character select screen and the Pokemon Trainer codes worked. No idea if that was actually related, but it hasn't crashed since.

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Read the first post.

EDIT - I apologize.

Here's what you're looking for, props to PW and his GSCentral post.
Thanks a lot for this, but does this work with the code or not yet ?
As far as I know, the code only allows texture replacement for chars and stages, so I'm wondering :) thanks

Marshtomp8

Smash Rookie
Ok, I asked him too. if anyone knows how to contact Link or any of the others, please do so.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Thanks a lot for this, but does this work with the code or not yet ?
As far as I know, the code only allows texture replacement for chars and stages, so I'm wondering :) thanks
Yeah they work but there are reports of freezing, the specific cause is unknown however.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've done some thinking... I'm gonna go ahead and just save this .gct file and put it somewhere else, removing all the texture hacks from my SD card. I love the texture hacks, but because of that, they're very distracting, (especially Bikini Suit Samus @_@), and I find them hard to play with competitively while using. S'probably just me, but whatever. They're also kind of hard on my Wii, (You better not take that the wrong way, you pervs.) I've never had my Wii freeze and crash so many times... it's crazy. So, they're awesome, but I'm gonna go ahead and take 'em off. I'll still recommend 'em to people, and show 'em to friends... but, yeah.

Just thought I'd tell you guys.

Also; FALCO400, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BEAT ME TO MAKING A GUIDE TO INSTALL THE TEXTURE HACKS! **** YOU! D;

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
yea i turned that on but the texture codes still dont work. Do i need to use code manager or just put the folders where they go, cuz i have the stuff in the right place according to the guide
Well yeah, you still need to use the code manager and put the gtc file where it's supposed to go.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to ask such a noobish question that's sort of off-topic, but can anyone link me to where I can find codes to insert custom music from a SD card, or is there no such code at all yet? I'm going to have access to my wii tommorrow night, and I want to have stuff ready to work on. I know I'm going to attempt to put in CSPs, but music would be the next step.

Revven

FrankerZ
There aren't any codes for custom music and IIRC, it would be VERY RISKY to use the SD Card to stream the music from as it could wear and tear from so much work and use for streaming.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
There aren't any codes for custom music and IIRC, it would be VERY RISKY to use the SD Card to stream the music from as it could wear and tear from so much work and use for streaming.
Would it wear and tear the wii or the SD card? Because I have a backup SD card just in case...

But thanks for the answer. Too bad for that... wish burning a disc worked out for me....

ratts

Smash Apprentice
I think he meant SD cards, which aren't too pricey these days, I would love to see a music solution without iso hacking.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
probably not stream music, i think it just needs to load it once, and the game will loop it over like any other song, but i could be wrong, maybe the wii streams music instead of pre-loading it before a match.

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
Just wondering because I saw it mentioned earlier, are the file names case sensitive? I want to make sure before I start because I'd hate to have to go back and change everything manually.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Alright so I found this texture I want to use for Samus, but the download only came with the .pcs file. Where or how would I get the .pac? It's a certain program you have to run the pcs. through right?

jokey665

Smash Ace
lz77ex is the program you're looking for to get the .pac. there should be links for it somewhere in this thread or the other texture hacking thread.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
could anybody AIM/MSN me? I really need step by step help with this texture stuff and homebrew. it would be MUCH faster this way.

xyro77=aim
was7x@hotmail.com=msn

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering because I saw it mentioned earlier, are the file names case sensitive? I want to make sure before I start because I'd hate to have to go back and change everything manually.
No, I don't think anything's case sensitive.

Alright so I found this texture I want to use for Samus, but the download only came with the .pcs file. Where or how would I get the .pac? It's a certain program you have to run the pcs. through right?
Uh, copy the .pcs file and paste it in the same folder, and rename it "FitSamus01", or whatever you named your .pcs file.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
hey so i think this is wonderful its so great i love it.

Unfortunatly i've only been able to get one texture hack to work and thats a subzero outfit for Captain falcon.

I have no idea why the other ones dont work. I tried to do a venom one for him on a different costume number. I tried doing fierce diety link...nothing any idea why this is happening?

Edit: Nvm It didnt tell me that whatever file i downloaded i had to change it to
Fit[insertcharacternameher][insertcolornumberhere] and i dont have to put .pcs cause when i do it ctually doesnt work -_-

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I just spent two hours adding textures from those two sites, I really hope this works.

That was a big help, though.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think I did all the steps for the CSP textures to work...but when I start the game, and select the "Brawl!" button, the game just freezes, but the music still plays...

Halp?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Two quick questions (well one quick, one longer)

Do the codes in the OP work with PAL

Is it posible (and if so, how) to use this for custom character portraits?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Quick question.
I'm finding it impossible to actually download textures from smashstack, in contrast to just looking at them.
Is there any way at all?
If not, then why is it linked?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Although I'm usually against hacking, I had the sudden urge to try my own hacked recolors. I have been successful with recoloring Lucario and Yoshi. Although when I tried Sonic, some issues occurred by step 2.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be kind of enough to upload common5_en.pac to megaupload or something? I own the game, and I realllllly don't want to spend a day or two downloading an ISO of it just to get that one file. Playing without the custom csps = ;_;.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Nevermind my last question, I figured it out.
Although, I would like to warn any Zelda/Sheik players that if you have custom textures for both on the same costume, the game may freeze if you attempt to transform.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Is it possible to have the texture hacks on the character select menu? Like, it would be easier to choose the costume you want if it showed up on the character select menu instead of having to memorize that X color will give you Y costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom