• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

Paix

Smash Apprentice
I got it working! YAY

I changed the text file to this like someone told me too and it worked:

RSBP01

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

File Replacement v2.1a' PAL [Phantom Wings, Y.S.]
225683EC 00000000
C201C3A8 00000017
38A00067 38810020
3862E8F8 3D80803F
618CD148 7D8903A6
4E800421 38A0007F
3883FFE8 38610020
3D80803F 618CD148
7D8903A6 4E800421
38A00068 3882E8F8
38610020 9421FF80
BC410008 38610088
3D808001 618CCE7C
7D8903A6 4E800421
7C7C1B78 2C030000
4082000C 38210080
48000034 B8410008
38210080 3D80803F
618CD148 7D8903A6
4E800421 38610008
3D808001 618CC50C
7D8903A6 4E800421
7C7C1B78 3D808001
618CC3AC 7D8903A6
4E800420 00000000
C201CF94 00000007
2C030000 41820018
3D808002 618C5BFC
7D8903A6 4E800421
48000008 8078000C
3D808001 618CCF98
7D8903A6 4E800420
60000000 00000000
043EEE04 48000014
043EF000 48000014
043D8FC8 48000018
043E9F78 38600000
043EA164 38600000
043D90AC 60000000
80000000 80409728
80000001 805A99C0
8A001001 00000000
065A99D0 00000008
2F525342 502F7066
E0000000 80008000

SmashClash

Smash Apprentice
Can't help you with the Gecko/Homebrew stuff. I got that through IRL friends copy/pasting stuff to my SD card and trial and error.

Also, dude, your SD Card is completely messed up. You're gonna have to do a little revamp.

If you're trying to get those to appear on the character selection screen, you're doing it wrong. You have to put those in the sc_selcharacter.pac that goes in the directory:

X:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2

RSBE is interchangeable with RSBP and RSBJ (I THINK) depending on what Wii you have. If you live in America, ignore this.

Do you have Brawlbox? If you don't, download it here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238861

Once you have Brawlbox and a sc_selcharacter.pac I can help.

First off, I'm assuming the FitDonkeySpy0#.pac files are only there because they're an alternate set of textures that you interchange with your current ones and you know that they aren't actually going to appear on the game. If you don't, they don't.

Second, you have the directory all wrong. The directory is:

X:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/donkey

Also, make sure that you're using the File Patch Code v3.5.1 [Phantom Wings]. It's in the first post of the thread. The other directories for your stages and characters are also in the first post.
Ok, where do I put the File Patch Code 3.5.1?

:3

EDIT: Do I edit the brawl+list?

For the directory I want?

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5234/brawllist.jpg

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Ok, where do I put the File Patch Code 3.5.1?
Do you have Codemgr? If not, get it.

EDIT: Do I edit the brawl+list?

For the directory I want?

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5234/brawllist.jpg
No idea what that is. You're over complicating this. Put a folder named 'private" in the root of your SD card, then a folder named "wii" in the "private" folder, and a folder named "app" in the "wii" folder, and so on and so forth until you get the directory I mentioned before.

SmashClash

Smash Apprentice
Do you have Codemgr? If not, get it.

No idea what that is. You're over complicating this. Put a folder named 'private" in the root of your SD card, then a folder named "wii" in the "private" folder, and a folder named "app" in the "wii" folder, and so on and so forth until you get the directory I mentioned before.
Oops, I meant to edit last night that I found the directory before you posted. X_X

The information I need now is!

1. Where do I put item textures in the directory?

2. How do I put in the File Replacement?

That is all.:)

Yes, I have an Ocarina Code Manager.

But what's weird is at the bottom right hand corner it has. #/256

I can't go passed 255! D: I see other people don't have that.

Is there another download?

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice
~Meta Knight's Texture Hax!!!~

FALCONE... WARE MKIII (Credit to Hozu for the changing Captain Falcon Face in the background, and credit to Wander for the original stage. I just made it a lot more Falconized. ;P)

YESZ!!! (The other two pictures that appear here are different as well.)

Captain Falcon Ninjas.... What more could you want?

FALCON POSTS!!

Jimmy C!!! (I may revamp him later to make his pants blue.)

This... Did not come out the way I wanted... But I kept it because it's just funny as can be. FALCON SHARK FTW!!
Download Here

Also... Is there a way to put an image in spoiler tags? And somebody uploading my textures to KC wouldn't hurt.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Based on your 1st picture I've viewed, all you need in your SD card is: apps, codes, private, txtcodes, gameconfig. Gameconfig allows you to use unlimited codes when you load it off from Gecko. Also, make sure you have Homebrew if you don't; you probably do have it though.

This should be how it's formatted on your SD card and in its folders:
apps/Gecko OS 1.9.1
codes/RSBE01.gct
private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/menu2
Click here to REDOWNLOAD the CodeManager and extract this to a safe place (not your SD card) because you might have a few files missing (which is probably the codemanager configuration file) which is needed for the program to know where to save it. The rest are useless so they should be deleted or moved where you can keep them safe for a backup.

Download the following onto the txtcode folder in your SD card
Brawl Codes
Brawl BRSTM Tracklist
Brawl Character Names
Brawl Character Colours
Brawl Stage Names

Once you have downloaded the Code Manager into a safe place, not your SD card, open the application and open the brawl codes text file I provided you. Check NTSC-U File Patch Code v3.5.1 by Phantom Wings, which allows you to replace textures, CSPs, HUDs, music, and more. You may also check other brawl codes in the text file to your desire. Once you are done, click export and put it on your codes folder in your SD card.

You're now set with codes and everything. Read below to know more where to put a certain file in a directory.

The following text files above are very essential for your naming needs for a character, song, or stage. For example:
• If you downloaded a Delfino Plaza stage and you don't know what to do with it, open Brawl Stage Names and find what Brawl reads for Delfino, which is STGDOLPIC.PAC, so you'll have to rename whatever the download name for Delfino is and name it as STGDOLPIC.PAC. Where's STGDOLPIC.PAC supposed to be? private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee
• For a character name, Brawl reads Donkey Kong as just Donkey so you name the file name as FitDonkey##.pcs or .pac. If you want to replace his red costume, you name it as FitDonkey01.pcs or .pac. Use the Brawl Character Names text file for your to use to rename them to what brawl reads the characters' names. Where's FitDonkey01.pcs/pac supposed to be? private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/donkey
• For a song name, if you downloaded a song and you want to put it as your Final Destination stage, you can replace Final Destination's Credits (Super Smash Bros.) music and rename it to T01. Use the Brawl BRSTM Tracklist to rename them to what Brawl reads for each song. Where's T01.brstm supposed to be? private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm

If you know what to do now and everything is set, insert the SD card on your Wii, load Homebrew, load Gecko, and load Brawl. You should see "codes applying" and test your textures/music.

I took the time to help, so yeah. o-o

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Chibi.

Question: Where can I download unedited .pac's or .pcs's for characters and stages? I want to start to edit stuff from scratch without going over already-textured stuff.

Edit-To-Add, I'm editing a FitMarioMotionEtc.pac right now. What does the "fire" picture do? I changed it to a bright neon greenish blue, and it didn't change the Fire Balls or Mario's side smash. And yes, I'm using the file right. The cape texture in the same .pac is working perfectly.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Thanks Chibi.

Question: Where can I download unedited .pac's or .pcs's for characters and stages? I want to start to edit stuff from scratch without going over already-textured stuff.

Edit-To-Add, I'm editing a FitMarioMotionEtc.pac right now. What does the "fire" picture do? I changed it to a bright neon greenish blue, and it didn't change the Fire Balls or Mario's side smash. And yes, I'm using the file right. The cape texture in the same .pac is working perfectly.
Brawl Data Partition

The link right up there is how Brawl's files are organized, as well as how Brawl reads them. You can easily find them the way you set up your files to, which is on the pf folder.

I'm pretty sure the fire image is his fireball texture if it does say TxtData in green or something. Also, make sure you didn't press recommend when you replace a file; the format should still retain its old format.

If it's not that... it's probably because Mario's fireballs are still red ingame while the texture is a different color itself.

Count Typo

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Data Partition

The link right up there is how Brawl's files are organized, as well as how Brawl reads them. You can easily find them the way you set up your files to, which is on the pf folder.

I'm pretty sure the fire image is his fireball texture if it does say TxtData in green or something. Also, make sure you didn't press recommend when you replace a file; the format should still retain its old format.

If it's not that... it's probably because Mario's fireballs are still red ingame while the texture is a different color itself.
I went back and looked at it again, and the textures were working...sort of. The fireball was completely red/orange, but had a slight greenish glow that was only visible if I zoomed in really close...which kinda defeats the purpose of having a texture. :chuckle: How do I change the color that the fire ball is ingame? Do I have to edit something in ModelData[0]/3DModels(NW4R)/WpnMarioFireball/Colors? If so how do I?

EDIT: Ummm...I took a look at the Data Partition, and the files are like...completely empty. There's nothing to export or look at or anything...how exactly am I supposed to use this? X_x

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
POST 400!

Here's something I'm working on (it's still just basic colours instead of being actual textures though, but these won't really take long)

Models are obviously temporary but you can tell where I'm going with the textures. I think I might actually try my hand at vertex hacking these properly, since I'm on a 5-week break right now. :p

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I went back and looked at it again, and the textures were working...sort of. The fireball was completely red/orange, but had a slight greenish glow that was only visible if I zoomed in really close...which kinda defeats the purpose of having a texture. :chuckle: How do I change the color that the fire ball is ingame? Do I have to edit something in ModelData[0]/3DModels(NW4R)/WpnMarioFireball/Colors? If so how do I?

EDIT: Ummm...I took a look at the Data Partition, and the files are like...completely empty. There's nothing to export or look at or anything...how exactly am I supposed to use this? X_x
I just looked at one of Mario's textures and I found a pic of a textured fireball. Apparently it's just an edited texture rather than an edited model.

http://www.brawlsnapshots.com/snapshots/212330.jpg

You might as well change the image/texture instead of using the original texture because the original probably has that half transparency or shiny or something like that.

You don't have to change the model of the fireball; it's probably just the texture. o.o

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
~Meta Knight's Texture Hax!!!~

FALCONE... WARE MKIII (Credit to Hozu for the changing Captain Falcon Face in the background, and credit to Wander for the original stage. I just made it a lot more Falconized. ;P)

img1
YESZ!!! (The other two pictures that appear here are different as well.)
img2
Captain Falcon Ninjas.... What more could you want?
img3
FALCON POSTS!!
img4
Jimmy C!!! (I may revamp him later to make his pants blue.)
img5
This... Did not come out the way I wanted... But I kept it because it's just funny as can be. FALCON SHARK FTW!!
Download Here

Also... Is there a way to put an image in spoiler tags? And somebody uploading my textures to KC wouldn't hurt.
YESZ! Btw, all I did was Falcon's face in the background when a minigame was won/lost, the rest was done by Wander.

Manikku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Manikku
Hey guys, I'm new to texture hacking, but I tried out the Custom Stage Parts for starting, and I'm pretty proud of the result. :p These are the desert parts, but with realistic dirt and rock textures.. All that stuff.

Available at Brawl Vault

My second texture work done, I wanted to make the Forrest parts to make custom Green Hill Zone stages. I took some textures from the original GHZ and put some of them together to make the textures. The custom stage shown is also with the pack. Includes ******** looking totem pole.

Available at Brawl Vault

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I have a problem with gecko OS

I honestly don't know why all the stage textures aren't working. Only a few are.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
A couple questions

1. A couple characters with .pac that add coloured slash to Marth, Pit and Link for example. Those characters have no audio when attacking, is there a reason for that? How can I change it so their character vocal audio is returned?

2. Smashville, I add a texture but it doesn't appear. I understand there are more then one STGVILLAGE_00/01/02e tc but which one do I put, does it require the texture on all? :confused :

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
A couple questions

1. A couple characters with .pac that add coloured slash to Marth, Pit and Link for example. Those characters have no audio when attacking, is there a reason for that? How can I change it so their character vocal audio is returned?

2. Smashville, I add a texture but it doesn't appear. I understand there are more then one STGVILLAGE_00/01/02e tc but which one do I put, does it require the texture on all? :confused :
1. Sounds that you, like me, are from Europe/Australia/Brazil and therefore have a PAL Wii. Those are NTSC-U moveset files so they have different sound codes. If it's just changing the colour of the swipes, you could export the textures from it and import them into the PAL moveset files, or I could do it for you if you want.

2. The numbers are from morning to night and also the KK Slider version. If you were given just one file, put it over all 5.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ack yea, I got PAL Australia.
What do you mean by export the textures and import them into the PAL moveset files.

Thanks a lot for the help. :)

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Ack yea, I got PAL Australia.
What do you mean by export the textures and import them into the PAL moveset files.

Thanks a lot for the help. :)
If you open a moveset file in Brawlbox you'll see all these effect models and stuff. If you export the textures from these models and put them into a PAL moveset file for the same character, then you can have both the coloured swipes AND the voices.

Jane

Smash Hero
3. Open code manager and get one of the codes below (based on your region, PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J) and set up your .gct (If you don't know how to do this, just ask someone in the thread, I'm sure they can help! Or you can just create a text file and import it into the code manager).
could someone explain to me how to do this? i dont understand how to use the code manager :/

Tanspriter

Smash Cadet
When editing Sonic there's some weird texture files like FitSonicHeadMask and FitSonicEnv0#. What exactly are these? I left them unedited but after changing the texture on Sonic's head to orange with black stripes it has a sort of blueish glow on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
how to remove name tags in css thing?

ALSO idk wtf this is

please help!

kaffei4lunch

Smash Cadet

BBQTV

Smash Master
oh so i dont need to worry and can just skip to this part 3:24?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Would anybody be willing to talk to me over the phone and help explain how to do this. I copied someone elses hacks on to an sd card but it doesn't seem to load when i go to stage builder.

Maybe i have a different type of disc(PAL, NTSC, or NTSC-J)

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Is there a specific way for setting up stage textures that are different from the original model? (i.e. I want to put the smashskiff battlefield texture on my sd card)

Top Bottom