• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
>:O All the Smash Stack hacks are blocked for violation! Anywhere else they might be? I can't find them at the Vault...

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I named all my brstms and placed them under projectm/pf/sound/strm. When I first put the SD card in, it worked. For about 5 seconds. Then the whole game messed up, with freezing and whatnot. What am I doing wrong?

nintendofan10039

Smash Rookie
Is it okay if I request a character? I would really like to have Demetra from Spy Kids 3 as a texture hack. I don't care what character the texture hack is for. I think she needs more recognition, and her being in Brawl would certainly accomplish some of that. Thanks

fdigl

Smash Rookie
Anyone know how to replace a name in the results screen? I can't seem to find anything related to that in the files.

Wishz

Smash Rookie
Okay, so.. I think I might need some help. Are the instructions different for people who want to add custom textures to Project M? No matter what I do, I cannot get any of my textures to show up in Project M. I'm using 3.02 Hackless..

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Step 3 is causing me problems. If I add that, it replaces the gct file I have for Project M but allows me to have custom stages in standard Brawl. But if I don't replace the gct file, I can't add things like modded stages. How can I get a gct file that allows me to have both Project M and customized content? Is there a way to have more than one gct file for a single game?

SolarFusion

Smash Rookie
The Nintendo Bros. texture site link is leading me to PC Backup scams. Might want to get rid of it.

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
I was attempting to replace Pictochat with Riddler's NES Tetris stage http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36388
I put the pac file in under the correct filename, and changed the stage icons and such in brawl stage manager
When I tested it, everything worked except the stage itself, it sent me to an unaltered Pictochat
The stage's original filename was STGFINAL, so I tried http://www.lakora.us/rel/ to create a Final Destination -> Pictochat rel.
I inserted that into the project M files (where all the other rels were) and decided to test it. This time the game froze upon loading the map, thankfully no noise.
Any Solution?

metaknight120

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know how to replace a name in the results screen? I can't seem to find anything related to that in the files.
It seems you can do this with BrawlCostumeManager
I named all my brstms and placed them under projectm/pf/sound/strm. When I first put the SD card in, it worked. For about 5 seconds. Then the whole game messed up, with freezing and whatnot. What am I doing wrong?
Corrupted files? BRSTMs can screw up if you use "copy and replace". I don't see any other possibility, and even then when it happened to me all it did was try to load the next BRSTM in brawl's files (this garnered hilarious results in the past, try fighting on Dracula's Castle with a sped up static-filled NES song from fountain of dreams some time)
I would suggest that if deleting and re-adding the files doesn't solve anything, then you try redownloading project M in the event that that download went wrong

PleasehelpIhaveproblem

Smash Rookie
Hello I only got Project M yesterday on my pc, with this I already got the american code, gecko etc. I use a virtual sd card and made the directories using winimage and injected a pcs Donkey Kong from Brawl Vault in the donkey directory but it doesn't show up in game. I tried multiple skins and characters and I have been busy for hours looking for a solution. Hope there are still people active here. :)

Doneydew

Smash Rookie
So how to I set up a .gct file?

Also, how do I get The Homebrew Channel?

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
holy smokes there are a lot of beginers here.

@ D Doneydew look up smashstack and hackmii. Ocarina for making gct's.

@ W.A.C. W.A.C. no codes editing is necessary to add modded stages into pm. Anything from brawlvault can be put in. Are you speaking of custom stages built from brawl's stage maker? that requires removing 1 or 2 lines of code from pm's gct. Use ocarina as well as m22k's code analyzer.

@ Reidlos Toof Reidlos Toof That involves inserting a new model complete with bones and all into common5.pac. I suggest downloading someone else's tournament build that already has a background image, and replacing it with one of your own. Use brawlbox to find the exact location, but pm me if you have trouble. Be mindful that the image will be squished horizontally.

LusciousLeslie

Smash Rookie
So I made an account because I have a simple question.
I recently got into basic texture editing to make custom colors for characters, and for Meta Knight I've been working on a color that emulates Char's Zaku II from Gundam. To keep in theme with the skin, I was wondering if it was possible to make it so Meta Knight's helmet shows a single circular eye instead of the two ovals that he has regularly.

CloudAngealZack

Smash Cadet
Do you have to use a 2GB or less sd card for the character texture mod to work? I only have a 4 gb and 32 gb SDHC cards

Awry_Alchemist

Smash Rookie
LusciousLeslie LusciousLeslie To keep your eye from mirroring and being on the right side of the model, try adding a solid background of whatever color you want the visor to be around the eye in it's texture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom