• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Alright.

As for the main menu freeze, I have no clue what would happen to cause that.

liberator

Smash Rookie
yea me either

it just freezes as the main menu of brawl starts just as all the icons appear infront of you

eg. Solo Brawl and the minor ones underneath these two

UPDATE/EDIT well it seems that using riivolotion works for me dont know why only done char texture replacements ATM ill try everything else and post back here for people needing the help

WIDL

We Are Born
So, I'm kinda new to this, but I'm just wondering.

I got all a SD card, SD card reader, I got Gecko OS etc, can't remember the last time I did an update on it though. Anyhoo, I got a PAL Wii, but use a NTSC game (I tried to google and search and stuff, but I couldn't find a good answer), so basically I use homebrew channel to access to game itself, but I have no codes or hacks. What code am I supposed to use (front page) to set up the .gtc? Is it possible for me to do it at all?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
So, I'm kinda new to this, but I'm just wondering.

I got all a SD card, SD card reader, I got Gecko OS etc, can't remember the last time I did an update on it though. Anyhoo, I got a PAL Wii, but use a NTSC game (I tried to google and search and stuff, but I couldn't find a good answer), so basically I use homebrew channel to access to game itself, but I have no codes or hacks. What code am I supposed to use (front page) to set up the .gtc? Is it possible for me to do it at all?
First off, you mean .gct

Well I'm assuming you're using GeckoOS to launch the game already, so you're halfway there. You need to either grab a cheat code manager (there are some on the Wii Homebrew Browser, and there are PC utilties too) and the latest File Patch Code, or you can also find a pre-made .gct if you can't be bothered. The codes ARE region-dependent, but they're all available for the US version so you're covered. Doesn't matter what region your Wii is.

Personally I prefer the former method so you can run other important codes, like unlimited camera, long replays and 1-player brawls.

WIDL

We Are Born
Alright, thanks! Yeah, *.gct. Typo. :p

I'll try to figure this out, but just to save me some trouble. I'm guessing the front page doesn't have the latest file patch code? Where can I find stuff like that? =p

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Alright, thanks! Yeah, *.gct. Typo. :p

I'll try to figure this out, but just to save me some trouble. I'm guessing the front page doesn't have the latest file patch code? Where can I find stuff like that? =p
I am absolutely positive that's the latest version.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
For some reason when I load brawl through homebrew my wii (4.2) doesn't respond to my gamecube controllers and my hacks doesn't work either. I also used a new sd card in response and the same thing happened. I even tried using riivolution instead but the screen freezes after it launches brawl. Please help me! O:

WIDL

We Are Born
I am absolutely positive that's the latest version.
Alright, good to know! Imma see if I can work this out when I get back to my school today (I left my brawl disc there, lol, and I'm just finishing winter's break. Flying back today. Thankfully it's only a one-hour flight. <3).

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Anyone know where to find good textures since Brawl Vault is down?
*******s that seized Megaupload...

I really want a Demise Ganondorf texture.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
is it yet possible to add new content instead of just replacing things? i'm thinking about getting into this whole hacking hullabaloo, and the ability to add things without cutting what's there would be further incentive. emphasis on characters; cutting music and stages wouldn't bother me.

(didn't know where else to put this. if there's a better place, kindly direct me to it, please)

Thejangler

Smash Rookie
Sonic Skins

Every Sonic skin I've tried has frozen the game when we start a match with him. My goal is to have at least 2 skins for each character so we can have some fun while playing. But Sonic is ruining this dream. Anyone know why the three Brawl Vault skins I tried just pooped out the game?

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
Are you sure the files are labeled correctly? And that they actually work? I don't have any problems like that with sonic, though my brawl does inexplicably freeze every once in a while for reasons I do not understand...

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Question: Does the texture tutorial here also apply for character hacks ala Shadow? Also, is it possible to choose which character you put the new characters over?

Limeee

Smash Champion
my smashville freezes half a second after i select the stage
i installed beachville on there (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8924) and i have it properly named ( STGVILLAGE_00-04.PAC)
everything else works fine

what could be causing the problem?

if it helps:
-I have tons of other random **** on my sd card that could be causing the problem but it was never a problem before i installed this texture
-its the second most downloaded file for smashville so i doubt its corrupted
-i dont have any module folder or .rel
-i have changed music on there like most of my stages
-the preview of the stage (from stage select) is of my old stage texture for smashville

thank you :)
:009:

Mahuuda

Smash Rookie
I believe i have everythng where it should be i have both gecko and riivolutions, gecko says it has loaded the codes off my sd but there is nothing special. on riivolution i have tried running it with the settings as such: project m/brawl+/brawl-/balance brawl/Brawl+Codes I have tried all of them with ocarina hacks on vi hook and the codes enabled, along with triend each with ocarina codes and such disabled. i have a few texture mode and such. i have followed all the forums i can find, downloading RSBE01, getting my folders in root and everything. I gathered all the respective XMLs [i believe] and am jsut getting frustrated. I am almsot positive everything is where it should be. I feel like its a settings and config issue. Riivolution and gecko say that have the codes and such, but only launch regular brawl with no custom stages, and just the base 10 or 12 characters when starting a new file. help please? :D

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
So if I have some .rar texture files on my SD card, what do I still need to do for it other than renaming them?

EDIT: Okay, I have my textures and everything downloaded. Do I need to use gecko to load the game? I load Brawl from USB loader usually and gecko just wants to read the disc drive.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So if I have some .rar texture files on my SD card, what do I still need to do for it other than renaming them?

EDIT: Okay, I have my textures and everything downloaded. Do I need to use gecko to load the game? I load Brawl from USB loader usually and gecko just wants to read the disc drive.
You need to extract the files that are in the .rar file. Renaming the .rar file itself will not do you any good.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
First of all, .rar files are not texture files. You have to get the. Pac files which are inside the .rar archive. You also have to get everything in the correct folders - there should be a guide somewhere.

You don't need to use gecko. I find that USB loader GX works well for loading gecko codes. (Change the path in settings).

:phone:

:phone:

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'm trying to add stage textures for the first time, and for some reason it isn't working. I did the whole thing where I have the files up to stage>melee, and I put in the name (STGFINAL.pcs) for example, but when I load the stage it only pulls up the original stage texture. What I doing something wrong? Character texture hacks work but not the stages

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
theres too much here for me to read all of it. do i just put the code i want on an sd card? do i get home brew on my wii or computer? i just want stage textures or character textures

Kev_iHardstyle

Smash Rookie
I can't get this to work..
I've done everything it says to do and more than once. When I load Gecko and run the game, it says it worked but, when I actually play nothing happens. Any help?

I'm only trying to get character textures to work. I have watched many tutorials and have the right directories and file names. Gecko reads the codes and it loads the game. It just doesn't work and it's irritating. Could it be that my codes are wrong? If so, do I need File Patch Code v3.5.1 and File Replacement v2.1a? Or just the Patch code? The links in the video are down due to Megaupload links, couldn't get those code files.

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
I can't get this to work..
I've done everything it says to do and more than once. When I load Gecko and run the game, it says it worked but, when I actually play nothing happens. Any help?

I'm only trying to get character textures to work. I have watched many tutorials and have the right directories and file names. Gecko reads the codes and it loads the game. It just doesn't work and it's irritating. Could it be that my codes are wrong? If so, do I need File Patch Code v3.5.1 and File Replacement v2.1a? Or just the Patch code? The links in the video are down due to Megaupload links, couldn't get those code files.
It's hard to say what you're doing wrong when you don't explain exactly what you did. Are you sure you're labeling the texture files correctly (like FitGanon01.pac)?

Kev_iHardstyle

Smash Rookie
It's hard to say what you're doing wrong when you don't explain exactly what you did. Are you sure you're labeling the texture files correctly (like FitGanon01.pac)?
Ok sorry, and yes my files are named correctly. Here's what I have:

The Hombrew channel, Latest Gecko, 8GB SD card(If the size matters), Ocarina code manager.

These are the directories for where I put the texture files in:

E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\falco\FitFalco01.pac (also have FitFalco01.pcs)
E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\captain\FitCaptain00.pac (also FitCaptain00.pcs)

I have the latest Gecko(Gecko1931), my wii reads it just fine and it loads the game just fine. It also does recognize the RSBE01.gct file and applies it, but once I choose Falco and load the match, nothing has changed. Is there something wrong with my directories that I probably don't realize? Also, is their any special setting that Gecko is supposed to have?

When I post this it creates a space in the file names, ignore that, idk why it's doing that.

Edit: Ok, so I was able to install Brawl+, even though I took it off now, but everything worked, except my textures...I don't know what is going on. Someone please help :(

Inu_Yasha

Smash Cadet
Hmm I'm not sure what the problem is. I assume you're aware that those numbers (FitFalco01.pac) correspond to the different color costumes for each character, and you need to change to that costume to see the hack. If that's not the issue then I don't know what to tell you.

Yoyogames28

Smash Rookie
I've tried everything and I've failed.

I have a SSBB disc and a compatible SD card.

I followed the instructions and loaded by GeckoOS - It didn't work.

I accidently messed up on the file name, so I fixed and tried it again- it didn't work.

I decided to redo the code with code manager - it didn't work.

I decide to install Riivolution along with some files to go with it so it would work- but it doesn't.

So at this point, I make back up copies of all of the files on the SD card. I then format it, then put the files back on and load it with loadmii as well - it didn't work.

I then get another SD card that's still compatible and only copy the essential files that I need- still doesn't work.

I'm about to give up at this point. If someone may know what's going on, I would love to know. Thanks alot for all help. :3

eNtitY~

Smash Rookie
Anyone have a new image file for what I should set the volume to in Audacity? OP's file is broken. Some of it is too quiet and some too loud so I'd prefer to not balance it in game.

Nito LR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nito_LR
Ive been looking at the stage ID and i noticed that the one for Smashville isn't listed.
I don't know if it something i looked passed or not but also tried Google and i get that very same list (the one not including Smashville)
I checked the id that project M stages came with and im guessing

:smashville:
^SmashVille^

STGVILLAGE_00,
STGVILLAGE_01,
STGVILLAGE_02,
STGVILLAGE_03

....are the missing ones. and also i know in smashville there is Morning, evening, night, KK Slider version of the stage. just don't know which go to their respected ID's. but i think they are in the order i listed them in.

Does anyone have an idea?

Castle Siege is another i noticed not in the list but seeing its the only Fire Emblem game im going assume that the
ID

:castlesiege:
^Castle Siege^

STGEMBLEM

Apollo777

Smash Rookie
This is the part I managed to get up to:

Here's an example of what a Captain Falcon texture file would be named if it were replacing his 01 color: FitCaptain01.pcs

And here's what the directory would look like with that finally included: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/captain/FitCaptain01.pcs

Every character does NOT need their .pac file but, you need to name the .pac file the same way you named the .pcs file except without the .pcs extension (just the .pac extension instead) so Captain Falcon's .pac file would look like this: FitCaptain01.pac (of his first color, you need to change the number according to what you set it to for the .pcs, this is merely an example, it will not always be 01). The characters who DO need their .pac files are below:

Code:
Samus/ZSS
Zelda/Sheik
PT
Bowser
Wario

.pac files are mostly used for the other modes outside of versus modes, so, you do not need them if they are not the characters above. The reason why the characters above need them are for their transformations, otherwise, the textures get lost in the sea of the abyss when you transform or switch (PT). Also, for ZSS, you may need to use a CSS code with her to get her to work better (as her textures need to be loaded from the CSS if you are using v 1.1).

8. If your textures did not work, make sure your directory is set up accordingly or you didn't mess up on the color choice, check EVERY color if you really don't know which one you put it on. The codes DO work, you're just doing something wrong.
I have triple checked my paths, file locations, and file names, I've cycled through every single character color after having tried to apply a texture and it doesn't come up. I'm using Brawl+ on my SD card, so does that make a difference?
I can not get textures to load period.

Also for the stages, no matter which stage I follow the guide for the console simply freezes. Any suggestions for obvious mistakes that I may have made so I can get textures to start working.

eg. in the file path E:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/lucario

I have the file FitLucario00.pcs in reference to a texture, but the texture does not load period, it only shows the default skins, for each skin.

Top Bottom