• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TEXAS TOURNAMENT!! (planning stages) WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
So far Houston players are the only ones who said you shouldn't...and none of them sound all that serious.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know many high school kids have off from Nov 17-24, starting and ending on Saturdays. 25th including Sundays.

But then again, we are the minority, so you shouldn't care about this info...

;_;

Velox

Smash Ace
It's not that you're the minority (though you are), it's just that... the secret is is you can miss all kinds of high school (sleep, get ****ed up, etc.) and still not have a problem.

That can't happen in the real world.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Is it suddenly impossibe to miss any part of college?
I was about to say the same thing... You can miss as many days as you want in College from my understanding, Cuz you are in fact paying for it.

In highschool you are not paying for it.... and in that case you can ONLY miss up to 10 days then you are indeedly doo ****ed for the year

Jake13

Smash Lord
We can only miss three days now =[

Five with excuses.

Our breaks are also pretty ****ty because Texas likes big business and doens't like children, so I'd say Christmas or any random weekend would be best.

Velox

Smash Ace
Hey Xelic and G@BE, guess what?

Seriously, you can't guess what I'm about to say?

It's obvious.

It's the perfect comback to those of you (G@BE and Xelic) who are taking what I'm saying out of context.

"Is it suddenly impossibe to miss any part of high school?"

or how bout "Does that statement somehow make high school worse to miss than college?"

BTW, how do you guys figure out when tests are/work is due if you do not attend class? Do you have profesfesefeefessssors who actually go by a silabus? Are you psychic? Do you have a friend whom also attends the same class?

Would about in you cell culture class where you have no background in and it is extremely hard, fast pased, and progressive. It's a 5 hour class in a lab, where you have to feed your cells routinely every 2-3 days. What do you do about missing that one?

Face it, it's ******** when people are worried about missing high school (mainly moms, that's the worst).

oh and... ...n00bs =P

Dojo

Smash Champion
As puffball said, high schoolers have off 17th-25th for the thanksgiving holidays. Theres 4 of us about 3 hours away from San Antonio more than willing to go.

Maybe a good idea could be to have it from friday afternoon til sunday like the 16th-18th of November? If you'd like to get it done during the holidays this would be good, because everyone can attend and still have enough time to spend with the family, so there wouldn't be much conflict there.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
The tournament is being planned by two people from San Antonio, so 'where' is not an issue.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm cool with San Antone. I live in Austin, (usually) and hopefully i'll be able to make it to SA, seeing how the drive isn't too bad. Although, if I'm in Sherman at the time, well...
I'll still probably come actually. I really wanna go to a tournament before Brawl comes out.

Mr.C

Smash Master
advertise to high school/college students who are not actually in the smash community

since most people think they are amazing at everything..this could be an easy way to have a large tourney
just make sure to take a set amount of money before the tourney i.e paying 25 or however much you're charging for entry covering both singles and teams
since most of the time people who get owned in singles will back out of teams and disappear from the tourney scene forever

pretty much what happened at dpad... wii's were on the line so alot of people came thinking they would "own"

final smash should be allowed in brawl tourneys thnx

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
So seriously, my vote is we set up a date at Gamelot asap. Then we can plan for things like housing, food, etc.

Unfortuantly it seems like San Antonio is currently bent on going to Maryland (why can't it be some place cool like New York or Chicago?)

But if time and money allows I may go as well, since I missed both FC and OC.

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Gotta LUV the smiley face !!!

Anyway....

So seriously, my vote is we set up a date at Gamelot asap. Then we can plan for things like housing, food, etc.
Gamelot would be happy :) to host a smash fest! We could begin the event on Saturday afternoon and stay all nite thru Sunday afternoon. Details for the event would be up to Smiles, Kyle and Forkgirl (as this is their thread and their idea!).

Local restaurants open 24 hours: Jack in the Box, Whataburger, Mcdonalds, Taco Cabana, IHOP, etc....

Just give us a date.. and Gamelot will do whatever we can for the Smash community!

Gamelot

Smash Rookie
Wide open spaces.......

Can gamelot have that many people inside of it......?
We have 6000 sqaure feet. I am sure we have room for everyone. We even have 1500 square feet we are not currently using. Play all day... sleep for a few hours.. play some more !!!:laugh::chuckle:

If someone will provide the date... i will reserve the store for SMASH for that weekend.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yepr.

Gamelot is certainly an option, people forget about about the back room thats meant for Card tourneys...not to mention that just moving the arcade games clears up so much more space. My vote, if this is in San Antonio, is for Gamelot. I live 5 minutes from there (I walk there in 25 minutes all the time) and I have enough housing for *counts* 5-10 people.

Thedpadowner

Smash Cadet
smiles i was cleaning the d pad and i found your pen. i will start the ransom at several games of smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom