• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TEXAS TOURNAMENT!! (planning stages) WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm grabbing Smiles's lazy butt and dragging him to Gamelot this Saturday to talk to Cliff, aka the owner of Gamelot, and maybe a date can actually be worked out.

Plus this thing needs a title, and I'm reserving BETTY 2 for my 3rd Strike tournament.

I hoping for a 2 day event that's open 24 hours, just like FC.

CHAOTIC SOJR

Smash Cadet
..... So this is posting ... ehh.. . anyways .. this will be my first tourney ever !!! hope its memorable Im not very good but i have been playing for like 6 months ... and Im not a complete noob .. but i could use some help ..... i hope to see all of you guys there ...... i have herd news of Mr. Betty and from my understanding ... he is a cheap ******* .... Id rather see for myself though ... hope to see ya there .. keep posting plz ... i wanna know a date for this event..

.... OH yeah don't take all these so seriously ....." its just a game" ... he he he ... oh how i wish i really believed that ...lol

Thedpadowner

Smash Cadet
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I'm grabbing Smiles's lazy butt and dragging him to Gamelot this Saturday to talk to Cliff, aka the owner of Gamelot, and maybe a date can actually be worked out.

Plus this thing needs a title, and I'm reserving BETTY 2 for my 3rd Strike tournament.

I hoping for a 2 day event that's open 24 hours, just like FC.

the dpad will be having a fighting game tournament in OCT. there will be third strike, GG AC, MvC2, Tekken 5 DR, and maybe some other fighters. We will be doing third strike on ps2 and we also have the arcade.

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I've been missing out. So what's is going on in this thread? Seriously, I don't see anything than betty owning **** up. Someone let me know.

CHAOTIC SOJR

Smash Cadet
.... well this sux ... i wuz looking forward to playing you guys at smash fest .... oh well ... im sure ill see you guys another time another place

Mr.C

Smash Master
Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a ****ing Indian.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
Mr. C always chooses rock and playing rock paper scissors. If you go paper, he takes his clenched fist and punches you in the face and says "I thought your paper beats my rock."

Gobz

Smash Apprentice
Smiles and forkgirl, if possible, can you let me know the date of the San Antonio tournament if it's already set? I'm planning to promote a tournament in the valley soon and I only have one weekend to work with. Therefore I don't want to set a date yet since you might have that date and don't want to prevent any valley players from heading over to yours. Thanks in advance.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
oooh, yea we definitely want it to be on different weekends so hopefully we can come to yours too :)

smiles is in charge of date/venue and all that, so ask him...do you have his myspace??? bug him nonstop, lol

forkgirl

Smash Lord
:D :D :D :D ahhhhh it was soooo amazing!!! I think i improved a LOT! it's weird how big across the country tournaments do that, but Texas tournaments dont for me :/

Also, smiles, if you dont get this thing figured out like now, it really isnt gonna happen...in fact i'm starting to doubt it already : /

K1T3

Smash Lord
I already posted the info awhile back but it should be at Gamelot (San Antonio) Thanksgiving weekend. Probably a 2 day event/ Lock-in type of thing. This is all supposedly confirmed already. I have no idea when someone will actually get around to actually posting the exact details or actually making the tourney thread though....

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Ohh man, cream cheese pie does pwn. It is amazing :D But yeah, I will talk to smiles and see what he's been doing about this tournament.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I first saw this topic my immediate thought was "never gonna happen". However I thought I'd be nice and hope something would actually come of this topic and maybe Texas could get its act together. Looks like I was way too nice and hopeful.

Almost two months have passed and this topic has done nothing. So I'll do this, if nothing about a location or a date comes up in the next 6 days (the thread's 2-month anniversary of doing nothing) then I'll just close it.

You're not supposed to even make this kind of topic without having any concrete information and just "wanting to hold a big tournament". Big tournaments don't just happen, they take a lot more effort than I think anyone in the state is willing to put in (myself included of course) at this point. Look at all the work that nealdt did for Super Champ Combo, and he even had some help from MLG. You can't just wish a big tournament into existence and have 200 people show up. And I'm pretty sure I'm just ranting right now so I'll stop.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
actually i think a date and venue has been confirmed?
lol, i dont see the point though, its still too last minute to get a lot of people to come. so whatever...also i probably work thanksgiving weekend.

Smash Apprentice
When I first saw this topic my immediate thought was "never gonna happen". However I thought I'd be nice and hope something would actually come of this topic and maybe Texas could get its act together. Looks like I was way too nice and hopeful.

Almost two months have passed and this topic has done nothing. So I'll do this, if nothing about a location or a date comes up in the next 6 days (the thread's 2-month anniversary of doing nothing) then I'll just close it.

You're not supposed to even make this kind of topic without having any concrete information and just "wanting to hold a big tournament". Big tournaments don't just happen, they take a lot more effort than I think anyone in the state is willing to put in (myself included of course) at this point. Look at all the work that nealdt did for Super Champ Combo, and he even had some help from MLG. You can't just wish a big tournament into existence and have 200 people show up. And I'm pretty sure I'm just ranting right now so I'll stop.
drew your just mad cause you didnt get any cream cheese pie :p

BeArR

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it'll be nice to have this tourney happen, even if it's just texas, we'll still get a lot of people to show up and I know I will bring as many people as possible.

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
wow guys sorry about the false hype. it took me long enough to post again well anywho it looks like allz i gotta do is get everything ok'd then start a'postin. were still also lookin in to host small utsa tourneys, as well as house tourneys to help the pot a little. Gotta attract them customers some way or another. alright help me out guys *bump* *bump* *bump*

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
actually i think a date and venue has been confirmed?
lol, i dont see the point though, its still too last minute to get a lot of people to come. so whatever...also i probably work thanksgiving weekend.
Then request for the weekend off. Tell them you are going out of town with family or some BS like that, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom