• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Power Rankings: So Incredibly Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay so Hobo 14 is on the 28th of February. If there isn't a new list by the 7th of March I'm closing this topic and banning the entire panel (don't think you're immune Hylian, I know admins!).

How's that for motivation?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Okay so Hobo 14 is on the 28th of February. If there isn't a new list by the 7th of March I'm closing this topic and banning the entire panel (don't think you're immune Hylian, I know admins!).

Well we started discussing this already about a week ago on my forum and we are making pretty good progress.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

I'm impressed, but not amused...

Or motivated lol.

Drew, do you play Brawl any? I remember seeing somewhere, maybe the houston thread, and seeing your name and your main as Lucas. But that was a long time ago, curious if you do like friendlies or FFA's or nothing with it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

if the RIGHT people were in this panel this kind of crap wont happen. i should have been in there. or at least let me replaces some one like DMK or lee harris. i get stuff done.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
if the RIGHT people were in this panel this kind of crap wont happen. i should have been in there. or at least let me replaces some one like DMK or lee harris. i get stuff done.
<blunt>
No, you shouldn't be anywhere near the panel. You're extremely self-biased, brash and arrogant and I wouldn't trust your judgment on a panel if you paid me to. Stop trying to complain your way into the panel please; it got annoying a long time ago.
</blunt>

<unrelated>
By the way Xyro, why don't you go check out the CoT4 results and tell us whether or not the south can compete? 2 of us made top 10 there; one of us is a sexy beast and beat some **** good players on the way to 4th place too :):)
</unrelated>

Also, they've already replaced the inactive panelists and the empty slot with people who are competent and able to make sound judgment. As the panel stands I'm confident that they'll be able to come to what is at least a mostly accurate decision on the rankings of the Texas players once they get their discussions done. <3 you guys

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Drew, do you play Brawl any? I remember seeing somewhere, maybe the houston thread, and seeing your name and your main as Lucas. But that was a long time ago, curious if you do like friendlies or FFA's or nothing with it.
Yeah that was in like... April. My Lucas was pretty amazing though, except against Sethlon... (I did go 1-1 with Fliphop in pools and placed higher than him though so clearly I need to be in the top 5 of this list). After that I sorta played Snake/Marth, but the more I played Brawl the less seriously I could take it as a competitive game so I pretty much just gave up. Just screwing around in Brawl is still good fun but it's hard to find people to play with (especially since online is so horrible).

Since then I've entered one Melee tournament in... December I think it was and haven't played Melee since then lol.

I went out and bought a 360 and I play that mostly now. I'm very much looking forward to Street Fighter IV next week.

Xyro77

<blunt>
No, you shouldn't be anywhere near the panel. You're extremely self-biased, brash and arrogant and I wouldn't trust your judgment on a panel if you paid me to. Stop trying to complain your way into the panel please; it got annoying a long time ago.
</blunt>

<unrelated>
By the way Xyro, why don't you go check out the CoT4 results and tell us whether or not the south can compete? 2 of us made top 10 there; one of us is a sexy beast and beat some **** good players on the way to 4th place too :):)
</unrelated>

Also, they've already replaced the inactive panelists and the empty slot with people who are competent and able to make sound judgment. As the panel stands I'm confident that they'll be able to come to what is at least a mostly accurate decision on the rankings of the Texas players once they get their discussions done. <3 you guys
i dont know why u dislike me but im extremely fair and get **** done. Im not biased. I just hate it when you people(not you but the panelists) pick people who are GOOD but dont know much(dmk) or some one who KNOWS alot but isnt good(lee harris) and they completely ignore the people who BUILD and MAKE THE SCENE WHAT IT IS(xyro,dugfin,king mosquito). I run HIGHLY successful events(more than any other person in this state) and though im a low tier main im EXTREMELY GOOD(look at my results/the people i have beat) and yet im not considered. I keep/study results and I know my stuff i just dont show it cause im never given the chance because people refuse to accept the possiblity that i might be right(in SOME situations) or is it that i dont main the top 5 character in the game? And if you want proof, consider this. 6 MONTHS AGO, i told everybody and razer himself that he would be the best player in houston....now look at him. You guys saw first hand what he did in dallas and now this past weekend he beat flip(2-0) and 6-0ed gness to win a tournament here in houston. again i know my stuff.

Some of the panelists say i dont travel. WRONG! Ive been to Louisiana/California/Oklahoma(oos) and at each occasion i went ALL samus and place very well considering im a low tier. Some of you say i need to travel to cities in tx to be able to tell whos good and whos not. WRONG! The ones who are being considered for the PR are the ones ive played or the ones that have come to most of my hobos so there is no reason why i need to travel to them if they have come to houston alot. The average joe is not going to tell me how good hylian or azen(example) is so there is no reason to travel and play them when all i need it to see is how good hylian or azen(example) are.

I just think the sole 2 reasons why im not considered is because you kids think im biased(how so?) or that i dont main the top 5 characters. I can easily admit that there are better players than me and that the best players in this state are dojo and razer/dmg and i KNOW i am not top 10 in the state so i have no problem with admitting that(so if im not making myself/houston seem better than we really are, how am i biased? ). I just think you(infinity) got upset with me that one time that i said fogo shouldnt have won cause he infinited me(which in reality, i over reacted. he is the better player) or the fact i think meta should be banned(notice how ive never gone thru with it because i like YOU and dojo, you guys are nice people and i dont want you guys to stay home cause i banned meta).Then there was The time me and u sat down at hobo 13 and talked about all sorts of stuff and that was a clear indication than im a normal person and not some super biased "houston is the best city in the world" type person.

Heres some thing i bet you didnt think would happen. I was actually rooting for you and dojo MORE than i was for sethlon and badnewsbear and you guys can ask anybody about that. I like you guys, i wanted you guys to do well...and you did. The south is clearly 2nd best region in the nation(ive always said we were better than most regions and now im proven right...see? i know my stuff.). The rest of the world cannot deny this and if they do its just ********.

long story short, im not biased. I can get **** moving with this power ranking crap beacause the people in it now are lazy except for a few. i just get upset when you people(not you infinity) refuse to let people in who actually CREATE the scene that you guys dominate. What are us TOs for then?

btw, this posts isnt intended to be mean or rude in anyway. i mean that.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you want to know why I didn't put you on the panel way back when it was because you didn't travel. You've since rectified that but at the time it was a big deal. All the other panelists added after the first round were voted upon by the existing panel so iono about them...

Xyro77

If you want to know why I didn't put you on the panel way back when it was because you didn't travel. You've since rectified that but at the time it was a big deal. All the other panelists added after the first round were voted upon by the existing panel so iono about them...
and if thats HONESTLY the only thing that what was holding me from getting in there BACK THEN. Then thats fair.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I don't dislike you, I dislike the judgments you make and the way you have a habit of over-reacting to things. Like when you went to California and came back and made a big deal about how supposedly far behind them we are. Actions like that (you've done it more than once) don't show very good judgment, which is why I wouldn't be able to trust you as a panelist.

I've told you before dude, I think you're really cool in person and it's fine to have conversations face to face with you but your online personality irritates the crap out of me dude. I wasn't trying to be insulting, just trying to be blunt to get the point accross. Yes, you do have a lot going for you as a player and as a tournament organizer but your tendency to over react, complain and make bad judgments are all most likely what's holding you back dude. Try having a more positive attitude when you post on here (which is when most of us hear what you have to say) and things will probably start working out for you.

And seriously man, thank you for rooting for me and Dojo, that actually means a lot to me dude. Also, we need to play next time I'm in H-town dude, we've never played each other :p

Xyro77

I don't dislike you, I dislike the judgments you make and the way you have a habit of over-reacting to things. Like when you went to California and came back and made a big deal about how supposedly far behind them we are. Actions like that (you've done it more than once) don't show very good judgment, which is why I wouldn't be able to trust you as a panelist.

I've told you before dude, I think you're really cool in person and it's fine to have conversations face to face with you but your online personality irritates the crap out of me dude. I wasn't trying to be insulting, just trying to be blunt to get the point accross. Yes, you do have a lot going for you as a player and as a tournament organizer but your tendency to over react, complain and make bad judgments are all most likely what's holding you back dude. Try having a more positive attitude when you post on here (which is when most of us hear what you have to say) and things will probably start working out for you.

And seriously man, thank you for rooting for me and Dojo, that actually means a lot to me dude. Also, we need to play next time I'm in H-town dude, we've never played each other :p

When i said cali is ahead of us i meant it. thier "average" player is WAY better than our average player(in melee and brawl) and thier "pro" players beat the heck out of our pro player that went(sethlon). Sethon,furbs,gabe,kalo can all agree on this. Thats what i was trying to get across and i guess people took it the wrong way. it wasnt an over reaction, it was a statment.

just so you know, i base things off of results/evidence. so me over reacting to anything has no effect on the evidence

And yes i dont think we have ever played, ive kinda avoided it cause metaknight is so **** had to fight as samus but ill play anytime you come down. try to make it to hobo 14.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I agree the panel should be made up of active tournament players, especially those who are willing to travel.

I also agree that this needs to be done. Not "We should probably update the panel/rankings" but "The panel/rankings WILL be updated before <insert date>." Obviously we don't want to make quick decisions but we've had plenty of time to evaluate tournaments and figure out who does well. Heck there's no way this can be super accurate unless of course everyone plays everybody else.

While we are at it, how often should PR be updated? How about the 1st of every month? or two months? We need to get some schedule or all of this fighting will just happen again.

Xyro77

Let's all hug! I <3 you guys! Btw, xyro, your character is lame. You abuse my shield problems and that is not fair...lol <3
im very sorry but i have to do what i gotta do to win. As a low tier we gotta use all we have to win.

I agree the panel should be made up of active tournament players, especially those who are willing to travel.

I also agree that this needs to be done. Not "We should probably update the panel/rankings" but "The panel/rankings WILL be updated before <insert date>." Obviously we don't want to make quick decisions but we've had plenty of time to evaluate tournaments and figure out who does well. Heck there's no way this can be super accurate unless of course everyone plays everybody else.

While we are at it, how often should PR be updated? How about the 1st of every month? or two months? We need to get some schedule or all of this fighting will just happen again.
i think it should be updated every quarter. and in each quarter we need to hold at least one MAJOR state wide event. FS or HOBO

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Good luck guys at HOBO14. I won't be able to make it. Had fun at NO KOAST. I expect crazy things to happen at HOBO. I want vids, and not just from tourney matches.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol, whatever chances I might of had of getting on these PRs is gone since I ain't going to HOBO.

Next time then...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
lol, whatever chances I might of had of getting on these PRs is gone since I ain't going to HOBO.

Next time then...
Bull****. You are on there, trust me I know where you are supposed to be ranked. Don't get all sad on me Espy, I pay attention son lol.

Seriously, don't sweat it.

Gnes

Smash Master
Good luck guys at HOBO14. I won't be able to make it. Had fun at NO KOAST. I expect crazy things to happen at HOBO. I want vids, and not just from tourney matches.
Sir u make me cry

This list will be so revamped :)

And hopefully im still on it :(...but then again i am trash

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I can see it now...

BANNED. Reason: YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

<_<