• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas: Feb 8th-10th, "The End" Melee + Brawl - We have JP Brawl!-FREE ENERGY DRINKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sorry, this time we had it here because the venue was free! Plus it is stocked with tons of food, energy drinks, 360s, PS3s, PCs, etc. There are also a ton of Austin / SA smashers in the area. We are going to have a massive Brawl tournament in a few months most likely and it may be in New Braunfels, but I was thinking about something more like Dallas or in between Dallas/Houston.
Stay in New Braunfuls!!!!!!!!!

It's so close :).

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I am going to have plenty of recording equipment so that we can record the big matchups, the semi-finals, and the finals. I also want to record some good Brawl matches to add to the Wifi Wars account. I also want to record a video of me, naked, holding a copy of Brawl.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
People Who Plan to Attend:
Scav
pmellyn
forkgirl,
caveman,
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT,
Xelic,
Hylian,
SaveTheQueen,
Fyre,
King Mosquito,
arleen,
Q,
taylor,
daniel,
jeff,
lee,
mario
Pneuma
S.O.S.
TobiasXK
HAT
cHaNg-sTa
Revised
JonBeBonanza

+

Lots of random people that come to the D-Pad often.

People Who Might Attend:
Dr. Mario Kart,
bluezaft,
Tristan,
G
PozerWolf

People Who Need To Carpool:

Corpus Christi: JonBeBonanza
please take me off the list i shall not be attending unfortunately

Nagi

Smash Rookie
Me and a friend were looking at this.

I myself have never been to a tournament, but it seems really close by, so we figured we might as well give it a try.

We assume to be there on one of the weekend days, not sure which.

Mr.C

Smash Master
I am going to have plenty of recording equipment so that we can record the big matchups, the semi-finals, and the finals. I also want to record some good Brawl matches to add to the Wifi Wars account. I also want to record a video of me, naked, holding a copy of Brawl.
Now thats one doodle that can't be undid home-skillet.

EDIT: I'll be attending.

TFPoG

Smash Rookie
Y'all don't know me, but I'm all over this! Melee, Brawl, and DDR on the side? Heck yes. I'm bringing two friends; we'll be there sometime around 5-6ish Friday and will be there for the Saturday tournament.

SA Town

Smash Rookie
Hey Harris, I just went to your location yesterday and met Ryan and Tony; they are both great guys man. I got to play the entire time!!! It was great. Stayed for 5 hours. I hope to go back soon, it's only a 40 minute drive from where I'm at...

I did however get my *** kicked pretty much all day (was my first time playing) but it was all still fun.

Nice to know there are other people who play SSB close by. Hopefully I can play against you guys on Wifi since ya'll play pretty good, I can improve a bit. Add me if you can to your FC list, it's: 3434-4119-9219-4676

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If caveman goes he's teaming with Xelic...

so who wants to team with me if that happens?

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Okay, not to sound like a total scrub, but... I have never been to a tournament before. Can someone explain to me the rules at such an event, or link me to place that does? I tried searching, and looking, but it turns out I'm terrible at both:ohwell:

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
Okay, not to sound like a total scrub, but... I have never been to a tournament before. Can someone explain to me the rules at such an event, or link me to place that does? I tried searching, and looking, but it turns out I'm terrible at both
you play best 2/3 matches then you get knocked to losers bracket. after you lose your 2nd match you get to go home

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
you play best 2/3 matches then you get knocked to losers bracket. after you lose your 2nd match you get to go home
Well I kindof figured that they were elimination matches, but I actually meant the whole "stage selection/counterselection" that sort of thing. or do those exist? I've heard about it all over the place. And I'm not bad. I'm not going to lose instantly. I'm one of the best at my particular location (not my house). So That little hint that I was going to lose... unphazed TYGN

Nagi

Smash Rookie
Question-

Should I bring my own controllers?

And does the JP/Modded Wiis work with EN Classics/GC controllers?

Sorry if this has been asked, never tampered with mods or imports and such.

(Sides my imported Pokemon Silver)

Thanks

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
Well I kindof figured that they were elimination matches, but I actually meant the whole "stage selection/counterselection" that sort of thing. or do those exist? I've heard about it all over the place. And I'm not bad. I'm not going to lose instantly. I'm one of the best at my particular location (not my house). So That little hint that I was going to lose... unphazed TYGN
yes the stage/ counter stage exist and you will probably lose in your 2nd match

Question-
Should I bring my own controllers?
And does the JP/Modded Wiis work with EN Classics/GC controllers?
Sorry if this has been asked, never tampered with mods or imports and such.
(Sides my imported Pokemon Silver)
Thanks
you can bring your modded ****, but you still won't get first

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
American controllers work fine with JP Wiis.

Looks like we will have a pretty good turnout!

If you are able to bring your Gamecube, just throw it in the car in case we need it. It would be amazing if people could bring copies of Melee as well. It's not that we're short, but the more we have the smoother things will run.

Also, this is standard, but I want to let you guys know you should bring your own controller. The D-Pad has a good amount of GC controllers, but they are all fairly worn and if you have one please bring it. I'd suggest writing your name on the back or putting a distinguishable mark on there somewhere just in case as well.

I will be at the D-Pad for most of the day tomorrow cleaning up and preparing (they are in the middle of remodeling some stuff). If you need directions or you have questions feel free to call my cell at (830) 515-6792.

Also, what do you guys like for food? I was going to go talk to the manager at Little Caesars (it's a like 1 min walk from the D-Pad) to see if he could give some coupons or discounts.

If you have trouble finding parking in the D-Pad's lot, just park at some other business (except the gas station/little ceasers area) and walk to the building. Call me if you can't find a place to park and I'll go burn someone's house down to make room :p .

If you guys want to set up some money matches, feel free. I would like to have a board to coordinate some money matches, but we'll see what happens. Just remember to bring some $1s :p

If you guys have any questions feel free to PM me or call me!

Mr.C

Smash Master
Lee how many wii's with Brawl are set up? I'd like to get my hands on those puppies =]

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Oh Mr C. You're gonna be disappointed when you play Brawl, just so you know.

At least don't try to play any of your old characters. It will alleviate some of the disappointment.

I haven't heard a single person here in San Antonio that knows how to play that likes it so far.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Okay, not to sound like a total scrub, but... I have never been to a tournament before. Can someone explain to me the rules at such an event, or link me to place that does? I tried searching, and looking, but it turns out I'm terrible at both:ohwell:
I looked at the first page of this thread and didn't see a ruleset, so correct me if i'm wrong Lee :)

You and your opponent play a match on a random neutral level (pokemon stadium, FD, FoD, dreamland, yoshi's story, battlefield). Not sure if there are random resets or stage strikes. If there are stage strikes, then you each can pick a stage that you wont have to play for the whole set. If there are random resets, then you each have the opportunity to reset the game after the first random stage has been selected.

After the first round, the loser gets to pick the stage and tells the winner (out out of those neutral ones + a lot more...just tell your opponent what stage you want and he'll tell you if its legal :ohwell:) next the winner chooses character, then the loser chooses character. play match on predetermined stage.

repeat if necessary :p

thats basically what happens. 4 stock, 8minute time limit per round. I suppose i could have linked you, but i'm also bad at searching

oh, and falco is banned
>.>
<.<

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Boo, I just saw that wobbling is banned. I scoff at Lee's ruleset because I'm a stodgy old fogy.

sos246

Smash Journeyman
lolz :p

also make singles on sunday so i can come and win and stuffz if its on saturday i cant go due to work >.> meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom