• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas Crusade Series 6 - ALSM's Return Featuring Playstation All-Stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!

PLEASE BRING SETUPS IF YOU CAN! THIS WILL HELP THE TOURNAMENT RUN FAST AND SMOOTH. ALSO, PLEASE ARRIVE EARLIER THAN NOON; SIGNUPS START AROUND 11AM, SO THE EARLIER EVERYONE IS HERE, THE SOONER WE CAN START, THE SOONER WE CAN END AND ON TIME. THANKS IN ADVANCE! ^_^

Address: 6212 McCart Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76133

Fees:

Venue - $5
Brawl Singles - $5
Brawl Doubles - $10 ($5 per player)
PS All-Stars Singles - $5
PS All-Stars Doubles - $10 (5$ per player)

Payouts for Singles/Doubles:

19 or less entries: 70/20/10
20 or more entries: 60/30/10

BRAWL
Apex Ruleset (modified)!

Stagelist:

Neutrals (Starters) - Smashville, Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks - Halberd, Castle Siege, Pokemon Stadium 1, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

Rules: -3 Stock; 8 Min. Timer.
-Items set to off and none.
-Pause set to off.
-Team attack on.
-Share-stock is allowed in Doubles event.
-40 ledge grab limit for all characters.
-Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape glitch is banned.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Time outs are determined by whoever has more stock, or less percent if stock is tied. If a player goes over their LGL at time out, they lose the game. If both players exceed the LGL, the LGL ruling is nullified.
-If both players are tied exactly at time out, a 1 stock 3 minute rematch will be played. The LGL for this rematch is 15.
-In teams at time out, LGL is in effect if one player on a team goes over the LGL. If one or more players from both teams go over the LGL, the rule is nullified.
-If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
-All chain grabs and infinites are legal up to 300%.
-Scrooging rule: Must land on the main stage and make contact (either you or your opponent hit confirms on the other) before going under the stage to the other side again. Failure to follow this rule will result in a game loss. Don't be that guy.
-Double MK is banned in Doubles event.

-Players/Teams decide on priority by agreement, or a side game like Rock Paper Scissors or GaW Hammer if they can not decide. Winner gets to choose if they want port priority or stage priority. Whichever option they don't pick, the other team/player gets. Team/Player with port priority picks whichever port they want first. Team/Player who gets stage priority strikes the first stage.
-Stage striking goes in the order 1-2-1 (Team/Player A strikes 1 stage, Team/Player B strikes 2 stages, Team/Player A strikes 1 stage).
-After a match is finished, the loser may request to repick controller ports, and if so, they have first pick at ports.
-All teams must follow the 1-2-2-1 port layout.
-Each team/player is allowed one stage ban per set.
-After a match is finished, the previous winner bans a stage if they haven't yet that set. The previous loser then picks the stage for the next game. Then the winner picks their character(s) followed by the loser.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: A team/player may not go back to the same stage they previously won on in the set unless agreed upon by both teams/players.

Playstation All-Stars
Rules:
- 4 kill limit for singles
- 5 kill limit for doubles
- Items set to NONE
- Map Hazards are set to OFF
- AP generation set to NORMAL
- All matches are best 2 out of 3 games except Finals matches, which are best 3 out of 5 games

Legal Stage List (everything not listed is banned):
- Small Practice Stage 1
- Small Practice Stage 2
- Medium Practice Stage 1
- Medium Practice Stage 2
- Dojo
- Metropolis
- Columbia
- San Francisco
- Hades
- Paris
- Stowaways
- Time Station

Stage Striking Procedure:
1- First player/team striking strikes 3 stages from the stagelist
2- Second player/team striking strikes 4 stages from the stagelist
3- First player/team and second player/team take turns striking one stage from the remaining 5 stages until one stage is left (second player/team striking should have the last choice to strike between the remaining 2 stages)
4- The remaining stage will be the first stage to be played on in the set.

Set/Match Procedure:
1- Players/Teams perform the Stage Striking Procedure to determine the first stage to be played on. First game will be played out.
2- The winner of the previous game has the option to ban 1 stage from the Legal Stagelist for the entire set. (Each player/team only have 1 ban per set)
3- The loser of the previous game chooses the next stage to be played on.
4- The winner of the previous game chooses their character/s.
5- The loser of the previous game chooses their character/s. The next game will be played out.
6- Repeat steps 2-5 after each game in the set until a victor is decided.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Lol, I just realized I still have that statement about everyone should show up at 11am when the store doesn't open until noon. Lol I'll change it when I'm more awake...

Also, hype for this!

:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
REALLY wanna make this. Couldn't host a Tyler event this month and I need LSC practice!

Sergio your attendance will increase handsomely if you post this around all the social threads.

OK, LA, AZ, Arkansas whatever, and every city in TX

Denti

Smash Master
REALLY wanna make this. Couldn't host a Tyler event this month and I need LSC practice!

Sergio your attendance will increase handsomely if you post this around all the social threads.

OK, LA, AZ, Arkansas whatever, and every city in TX

I agree with this man. But I would wait to do so until after Apex. Right now nothing else is on anyone region's mind.

Neon!

Smash Lord
LMAO @ PSA. why would anybody play a game WORSE than brawl.
It definitely still needs some tweeking, fortunately Sony is willing to update this game occasionally. It's a great game for those who are tired of brawl and will likely be more balanced.

Denti

Smash Master
I just noticed. 5$ for Brawl singles? If we wanted to bring in people from other regions we'd probably have to do at least 10$ for singles. Unless that isn't your goal.

D

Deleted member

I need someone who can drive people.
13 year old people.
People who play smash.
;_;

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO ATTEND THIS TOURNAMENT.

This is the last tournament listed before the LSC. Last chance for all these returning old gens to scrape some rust off!

D

Deleted member

Its just me. Sorry about making it sound like alot. Id love to get a lift to this.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Denti, I'm not really expecting much oot attendance, since Apex 2013 just passed and wrecked everyone's wallet. I could change Brawl Singles back to $10, but I figured since my tournament is not a major one like the LSC tourneys will be, I might as well make it $5 to match the price of the other events.

In other words, I'm not making much effort to attract oot attendance, so it's just a local to warm up for the LSC even though I'm not using the same ruleset.

D

Deleted member

2404 Reston Drive, McKinney, Texas 75070. Would this be housing or just picking me up on your way there? Either one is fine.
Inb4 I get bodied by a random scrub.

Denti

Smash Master
Denti, I'm not really expecting much oot attendance, since Apex 2013 just passed and wrecked everyone's wallet. I could change Brawl Singles back to $10, but I figured since my tournament is not a major one like the LSC tourneys will be, I might as well make it $5 to match the price of the other events.

In other words, I'm not making much effort to attract oot attendance, so it's just a local to warm up for the LSC even though I'm not using the same ruleset.

Okay sounds good to me. 5$ it is.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I just noticed. 5$ for Brawl singles? If we wanted to bring in people from other regions we'd probably have to do at least 10$ for singles. Unless that isn't your goal.
It's funny because as an OoS player I would rather go to a $5 tourney than a 10$ tourney, no matter where it is.

D

Deleted member

Denti, can picking me up be possible? If yes, then I'll have to PM you about stuff

CosmicCosmos

Smash Cadet
im Shana/mei/Aqua, btw what is LSC? and do we sign up for texas crusade on this site or at the actual tounrey? o:

D

Deleted member

Why the new account and double post?
And we sign up at the tournament. It would be unreliable here, because people wouldn't show up probably because you can't trust anyone with their plans.

D

Deleted member

Wow, you're specific and helpful.
By the way, have you ever played/heard of the game Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure?

CosmicCosmos

Smash Cadet
i tried to make an account for smashboards 3years ago but sed i already made 1 on this internet access, so i was confused, then i tried again and sed the same thing -.- so i asked denti to help :D

D

Deleted member

Tip: Edit one post before you post 6 on one page. Also, scrub, 5$ mm?
... thats not what I mean by editing. I mean if you want to say another thing, you add it on another line (Not deleting, it makes the conversation look wrong) so theres one post with your stuff. Not a million with little things.
And 5$ because I said so. Are you challenging me to greater lengths? 10$.

Denti

Smash Master
2404 Reston Drive, McKinney, Texas 75070. Would this be housing or just picking me up on your way there? Either one is fine.
Inb4 I get bodied by a random scrub.
You're a little farther than I was willing to travel. It would take over an hour to get to the tournament : /

Sorry

Denti

Smash Master
Sorry man. I always want to help out with the community but I don't feel up for 200 miles of driving and neither does my wallet. :/ Maybe someone else can help you out.

CosmicCosmos

Smash Cadet
Denti, could you take me? im in coppell :/ zip code is 75019

not really too far away i hope but its okay if you cant take me i could still find a way

Tesh

Smash Hero

Note: You can still use the promo code "TRYMEGABUS" to get free tickets, but maybe this new one works for times the other doesn't.

Edit: whats housing looking like if i show up for this? Would that even be a possibility?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
some one let me know if this^ works. if it does, ill buy das ticket tomorrow. would anybody wanna team with the best samus?

and LMAO @ neon if he thinks PSA is better than ANY fighting game.

CosmicCosmos

Smash Cadet
some one let me know if this^ works. if it does, ill buy das ticket tomorrow. would anybody wanna team with the best samus?

and LMAO @ neon if he thinks PSA is better than ANY fighting game.
i'll team w/ you, im a pretty decent pika if i say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom