• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI! Cleveland, OH (July 18th)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Ive always been confused on this. I know Lucario still gets his percent powerup in teams, but His stock powerup, does that go by the team stock compared to the other one? or the ratio? or what?
It works just like how it would in a FFA.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Dude yea! Let's go Argent!

Also 4% - **** MELEE <3. Also, personally when I switch between Brawl and Melee, it really messes me up a bit. Thought I would say something.
OK well maybe we can start melee around when brawl finals are going on or something. I just want to make sure dippn gets to play melee. That's a pretty decent drive for him

God_Voice

Smash Apprentice
ya...agreed. we should start melee as early as possible without screwing people up. If we have the setups and if most people doing both are already eliminated or don't have a problem with it then there is no need to wait till that late.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I agree, he is bringing a large amount of people from quite a distance and their main focus will be melee.

That "Schedule" is a general schedule that has been posted since TYM 2, so it's just a general guideline.

My question to you guys is $10 or $5? I know we would get more people to play melee for $5 but not double the amount of people.

$10 melee = higher prize money, tough competition, faster bracket

$5 melee = more players, easier wins, longer bracket.

I'd say there are probably only going to be about 4-5 players for both melee AND Brawl so starting melee early is perfectly fine for me. I'm planning on making 1 TV friendlies after first round of brawl losers bracket. Like last time, I'll most likely start setting up melee around loser's finals of brawl. I will try everything in my power to get melee going ASAP.

Also, you guys should come to panera's tonight.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Now that makes me really wonder if I should bring BlazBlue or not since I do not want to interfere with the tournament. Just make sure your car doesn't get towed or breakdown like last time :p
Also I think Jiffy is coming.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Switching hasn't killed my game in a while, except for the one time in Melee when I saw a Din's Fire coming at me and airdodged on reaction. Whoops.

=P.

Smash Apprentice
Ya ill be entering both melee and brawl and idc about the switch up im more worried about my melee game anway so if i have to ill play more meleeish in brawl haha

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Jesse still plays Smash? He lives like 20 mins away from me but I never bothered to ask him, haha.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, my two friend's smashboards usernames are josiahshepard and Lextimas. also registration for singles and doubles are at the same time right (one of my friend asked me that)?

4% APR

Smash Champion
ok so we can start melee during the last few matches of brawl. if you are entering melee and are in the brawl finals, you're probably good enough that it wont screw you over haha. ITT, is this ok?

edit-I'll aim to get there at around 3:30-4ish if that's ok

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
You guys do well tomrrow, sad that i cant go but oh well...wanted to but ya kind of a distance. GL everyone!

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
is registration for singles at the same time during doubles? we're thinking about taking off at noon to get to singles or do we have to register for that in the morning?

EDIT: please answer before morning?

God_Voice

Smash Apprentice
It says Brawl doubles reg starts at 11, so I would imagine you could sign up later for singles. Or at least I hope so cause I also plan to leave at noon and will have someone (=P) with me playing brawl singles. (I may even jump in myself just for fun.)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
is registration for singles at the same time during doubles? we're thinking about taking off at noon to get to singles or do we have to register for that in the morning?

I'm pretty sure that if you arrive a decent amount of time before singles starts (like half an hour or so) you should be ok. But yeah, check with ITT just to be safe. :p

wakka444

Smash Ace
i know a thing or two about the gangan =p <3 fonz

itt im a little worried about what time we ll get there so if you could pm me your number thatd be mad tight

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie

This is ITT. Ya, you can register for singles later it's all cool. I'll start singles registration near the end of doubles.

Also, my cell phone number is 330-419-1389, give me a call if you get lost or are running late or something.

Impp

Smash Ace
We're leaving right now. If someone sees this at the venue or something, and you guys are starting early, put steve and me in the brackets, and we'll pay when we get there... We'll be there in like 40 minutes.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
so this is bead
Here's the story, well my car broke down after smashfest at Byaa! so i have no care. Next my bank account has been frozen cuz apparently i drove out of the gas station without paying when really the card scanner was ****ed up. And now my phone has been shut off cuz my dad is pissed that i didnt fix his computer. So ya. Im pissed, i really wanted to see how ive improved in a tournament atmosphere. I was really looking forward to this for like the past month to. But ya thats my story so far and im sure more stuff will happen to get in the way of smash XD

Top Bottom