• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenth Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT: a Leisure Event - Wallingford CT - Apr 19, 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodles

Smash Champion
luckly im going to both. and the dmis extremely close to my brothers house

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
hey cort wat excatly are the rules in for teams, cause i was talking to DJ and he said that MLG rules for teams is team attack off. i thougth it was ridicolous cause it just turns into a ******** macth were people just midlessly trow out attacks since you dont run the risk of hitting your teammate.That just ******** you should be required to put more thougth into your gameplan and depend on your teammate for help

Cort

Apple Head
Team Attack is obviously on, MLG also has stages like Wario Ware and Hyrule Temple in their stage select. They didn't give their rules any thought and they're currently being redone anyway, and it's just for their online ladder where you can agree to other rules anyway.

Cort

Apple Head
Just a Wii/Game with everything unlocked is fine. There's really no room for extra TVs anywhere aside from 1 or 2.

Cort

Apple Head
I donno >_>; I only remember seeing 2 extra setups max

But I forgot about the one up front

I suppose 3 can fit

Just bring TVs and leave em in your car if theyre not needed

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yea, there were 2 in the front and one by the bathroom.
>.> I mean, I'm sure you could fit more if you brought little tables too.
-DD

SuPa050

Smash Rookie
so i dont have to read 19 pages.. just someone answer.. is this still goin on and the info on the front page accurate?

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
LMAO that's great.

And @ Trademarks comment about MLG. I think the company is run by an amazing group of individuals. After the final real season of MLG with both halo and SSBM running at the same time at the same venue, MLG was left with a decision to make. Microsoft wasn't happy that a Nintendo game was running side by side with Halo 2. Since Halo 2 brings in most if not all of their sponsors and profit they basically had to replace smash with another Xbox 360 game aka gears and rainbow six. MLG could of thrown smash away completely but since they're awesome they had the grassroots tour which was still a lot of fun, even though they didn't feel like real MLG events i was used too. I recently visited MLG's Headquaters in NYC i knew most of the staff from the previous MLG seasons but i got to meet a lot of the behind the scene guys and it was a great experience. I think a lot of their employees have a passion or love for video games like a lot of us here do and thats why they didn't simply throw away smash. I'd love for smash to return to MLG so everyone who hasn't had the chance to experience one of their tournaments can do so.

More on topic: anyone wanna MM my snake in brawl ? LOL i do friendlies too though.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
*Sigh* I have so much to do between now and Monday that I don't think I can make it. I'd put myself at about a 8% chance of attending. Good luck to everyone and I hope the event is a lot of fun. I hope somebody not using Snake wins LOL no offense to Snake users I'd just rather see someone win with a new char like Lucario.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
For anyone that cares. I've decided to definatly attend, aminly due to people's encouragement in this thread. So if you guys see a Black Dude in a Bandana, I'm feeling confident I'll be the only pirate/biker wannabe there, challenge him to friendly's and critique his play.

I'm completely new to the competitve scene and I'll probably get destroyed, but as long as I manage to learn a thing or to from you guys it'll be more than worth the trip. I'm a very shy person, easily intimidated by new things, so keep an eye out, say hi. That sorta thing.

You guys all seem very welcoming and cool so hopefully that'll help.Can't play if I don't feel comfortable though. So hopefully I'll get enough caffeine in me to not care much during the Friendly's and Doubles Tourney.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
It's very easy to learn things and make friends at these tournaments, The tournament itself is pretty laid back and its a good atmosphere over all and also i think everyone wants to be a pirate =[

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
But do the all take it so far as to not leave the house if they can't find their bandana?

And no, that's not a joke. I've been late to work and other stuff cause my cat knocked it off the light next to my bed. Only like three people have seen me not wear it in the last year. I'm strange.

::prays that he doesn't have to play PC Chris first round::

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hmmmm.... im about to accept ur MM pc, might as well start off big for my first brawl MM lol. il decide the day of the tourney.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
PC and Cort - ill MM both of you snake vs DDD

PC - friendlies or MM - marth dittos and DDD vs marth

pride match to spite velocity - see if i do better with GW vs PC and Cort that Velocities GW does, so i can call myself the best GW on EC since I'm already ahead by a good margin in our GW dittos ohhhhhhhhhhhh snap I hope velocity reads this <3

not doing marth vs snake in matches that matter though >.>

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
For anyone that cares. I've decided to definatly attend, aminly due to people's encouragement in this thread. So if you guys see a Black Dude in a Bandana, I'm feeling confident I'll be the only pirate/biker wannabe there, challenge him to friendly's and critique his play.

I'm completely new to the competitve scene and I'll probably get destroyed, but as long as I manage to learn a thing or to from you guys it'll be more than worth the trip. I'm a very shy person, easily intimidated by new things, so keep an eye out, say hi. That sorta thing.

You guys all seem very welcoming and cool so hopefully that'll help.Can't play if I don't feel comfortable though. So hopefully I'll get enough caffeine in me to not care much during the Friendly's and Doubles Tourney.
The Smash community is pretty much the best thing ever and we are really nice... just introduce yourself to lots of people. Ask them if they are from Maine and if they say yes ask them if they want to play the ***** in the butt game.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
PC and Cort - ill MM both of you snake vs DDD

PC - friendlies or MM - marth dittos and DDD vs marth

pride match to spite velocity - see if i do better with GW vs PC and Cort that Velocities GW does, so i can call myself the best GW on EC since I'm already ahead by a good margin in our GW dittos ohhhhhhhhhhhh snap I hope velocity reads this <3

not doing marth vs snake in matches that matter though >.>
You owe me a bowser vs Falco MM in melee...

PC, you too >=D I shall not lose

edit: Too bad I'm not going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom